Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
    Voices
    I know that the voices are missing.. but something more... i don't know... maybe that we can't find the Medicines/More Ammo... AWWWW.... i remember... the puzzles... and the files... or something else...

Well.... i hope that some puzzles and other different things works in the preview disc from IGAS...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
      What percentage? is the build with the handgun bullets placed on the table looking onto the lobby in "Office A" in Leon's scenario, it seems slightly later.
      Fascinating how there is a zombie in the window on the left 15 seconds into the video. Reminds me of RE3 where one of the alleys after you use the firehose also had a zombie in the window also on the left. Recycled material from 1.5 perhaps? On a second thought no it's not. I didn't remember the window being so high in RE3. Just an odd coincidence. Look at 56 seconds into this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQKLU1msTAg
      Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 08-21-2013, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• The idea was, yes. You find a lot of recycled 1.5 ideas in Resident Evil's that were made after this 1.5. Outbreak has quite a few, Code: Veronica has a few and even had more in the beta that they took out before release (ripped clothing, visible damage). There is probably a lot more I just can't think of them all right now.

It's just so awesome too realize we have played 1.5 and we're getting an even more complete, even though it's some what fan made, verion of 1.5.... The hunt will never stop until the most complete build leaks though. That's when we'll know the real story and how things played out. I'll never be satisfied until we get the most complete build, it'll be one of the best days in my gaming life. Not saying that i'm not stoked for the IGAS build, i'm waiting and waiting.... but the 80 percent build will fully complete and connect all the loose ends.
        Last edited by Guest; 08-23-2013, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
          but the 80 percent build will fully complete and connect all the lose ends.
          Yeah but we don't know what to expect though. Of course there will be more rooms, bosses and cut-scenes. But from what we see in the available videos it contains similar bugs, enemies have the same AI, the damages seem to be the same, the lab in fire doesn't have any music, and we know a lot of rooms were still not finished. This version is older than the trial edition backgrounds, and they were far from finished.

But it would be interesting to import the assets made for the "40%" version to that final build to update it to a 2.0 and final release that would be as faithful as possible to what the final product would have been.

edit: I've just checked, the factory line is indeed in the trial edition backgrounds. If the camera angles are the same, a copy-paste would probably suffice.
          Last edited by Rick Hunter; 08-22-2013, 03:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
            Fascinating how there is a zombie in the window on the left 15 seconds into the video. Reminds me of RE3 where one of the alleys after you use the firehose also had a zombie in the window also on the left. Recycled material from 1.5 perhaps? On a second thought no it's not. I didn't remember the window being so high in RE3. Just an odd coincidence. Look at 56 seconds into this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQKLU1msTAg
            Nice catch completely missed that one.
            The garage and factory do share similarities with re3's street area and the terminal room in Dino Crisis also.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Mikhail; 08-22-2013, 03:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
              Tell me RMandel, is there anything interesting in the files that was not present in the MZD release? Perhaps unused backgrounds, models, textures?
              Well, the only thing I can think of off the top of my head are three sets of backgrounds. There's the early "white wall' render of the RPD B1 Main Hallway, but the Team's already shown you part of that. That hallway will crash the 40% build every time, so there's a +5 to the Team for fixing it and a +10 for re-rendering the backgrounds. You saw the early renders of the Lab 3C Corridor to the Boiler Room in the video. There's also a placekeeper background for the Lab Boiler Room that's little more than a couple of grey blocks connected by a narrow trench. I think it's supposed to be the end of the room where you have to push the crate, but it's hard to tell. Anyhow, I'm uploading a video of the actual 40% raw build backgrounds to my YouTube channel even as I type this. It should be available later tonight. I haven't done any digging in the models, textures, etc. - but I'm willing to bet it's the same story all around.

Oh, there's the one RDT they left out - the RPD West Stairwell (KAIDAN 1). It's nothing but a placeholder, though - or what amounts to one. A bare room with couple of camera angles. No backgrounds, no stairs - no door, either. Kinda like the Clock Tower room in the BH2 Trial. You can hack your way in, but you gotta hack your way back out again. No wonder the Team left it off of the MZD build. It's useless - unless they retooled it for use as their RPD Elevator. That's the only use I can think of to which they might have put it.

Remember, MarkGrass warned us all that the Team would probably mine out everything they could use out of the 40% build. It looks like they've did just that.

I'm glad people are beginning to realize just how much work the Team had already done on the game by the time the MZD build was created - and they're long beyond that version now. I'll give 'em another +2 for free publicity from each video and a +1 for credit long overdue - and with that, I'm calling it a day. 'Later ....
              Last edited by RMandel; 08-22-2013, 03:53 AM.
              Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
              Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• That's when we'll know the real story and how things played out.
                It was never finalized, so there's zero chance of that.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
                  Is probably The Final Build.
                  It is .. Or as close Capcom got to a final build.

You can clearly tell by Leon's voice (doesn't use RE1 Chris's anymore, Elza also had new voice files later on too)
                  Animations - he walks like he does in RE2 and no longer holds his gun up to his face.
                  Strangely, I prefer the look of retail animations - guess they look like others in the series - but then 1.5 would lose it's charm i guess xD
                  "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                    Nice catch completely missed that one.
                    The garage and factory do share similarities with re3's street area and the terminal room in Dino Crisis also.
                    That's really stretching.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                      That's really stretching.
                      I thought this also - I mean , all garage rolling doors would look the same right? hehe
                      I know Capcom do reuse assets but this is just silly.
                      "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by RMandel View Post
                        Well, the only thing I can think of off the top of my head are three sets of backgrounds. There's the early "white wall' render of the RPD B1 Main Hallway, but the Team's already shown you part of that. That hallway will crash the 40% build every time, so there's a +5 to the Team for fixing it and a +10 for re-rendering the backgrounds. You saw the early renders of the Lab 3C Corridor to the Boiler Room in the video. There's also a placekeeper background for the Lab Boiler Room that's little more than a couple of grey blocks connected by a narrow trench. I think it's supposed to be the end of the room where you have to push the crate, but it's hard to tell. Anyhow, I'm uploading a video of the actual 40% raw build backgrounds to my YouTube channel even as I type this. It should be available later tonight. I haven't done any digging in the models, textures, etc. - but I'm willing to bet it's the same story all around.

Oh, there's the one RDT they left out - the RPD West Stairwell (KAIDAN 1). It's nothing but a placeholder, though - or what amounts to one. A bare room with couple of camera angles. No backgrounds, no stairs - no door, either. Kinda like the Clock Tower room in the BH2 Trial. You can hack your way in, but you gotta hack your way back out again. No wonder the Team left it off of the MZD build. It's useless - unless they retooled it for use as their RPD Elevator. That's the only use I can think of to which they might have put it.

Remember, MarkGrass warned us all that the Team would probably mine out everything they could use out of the 40% build. It looks like they've did just that.

I'm glad people are beginning to realize just how much work the Team had already done on the game by the time the MZD build was created - and they're long beyond that version now. I'll give 'em another +2 for free publicity from each video and a +1 for credit long overdue - and with that, I'm calling it a day. 'Later ....
                        Finding out those extremely basic white creamy renders were official capcom and were used to make those rooms makes it seem alot more special. IGAS is the shit and the jealous fags who don't think so are just going to missing out on something FUCKIN AMAZING.
                        Wait what am I saying, i'm sure the people talking shit will play IGAS' build too. Pricks.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                          It was never finalized, so there's zero chance of that.
                          Tch, no need to get so technical, so you know damn well that he meant as close to final as possible. I mean, it goes without saying that 1.5 was never complete, and if they had completed, it would have probably changed around a little more. However, the 80% build is as close as one can hope to getting an "authentic" build of the work Capcom had up to that point. And I think that's what a lot of fans are excited about.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                            Dunno if you've noticed, but the game actually outputs the backgrounds with a whole bunch of compression artifacts that aren't present on the ripped image files. Ripping via brute force would produce some not-so-good quality rips.
                            That's mostly because of how emulators process MDEC decompression in 15 bit mode (because of downscaling from 24 bit RGB with no filtering). Most of them just default to the fastest algorithms and loose approximation, causing weird (aka "no") gamma correction or non-existent dither interpolation. As a side effect you can see way too many artefacts causing non compressed pictures to stand out a lot, which doesn't happen anywhere on real hardware.

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                            However, the 80% build is as close as one can hope to getting an "authentic" build of the work Capcom had up to that point. And I think that's what a lot of fans are excited about.
                            Well, Mikami stated the build was actually closer to a rough 60%, which seems more like the correct percentage given the time span between those revisions. For what we know, all that build contained could have just been a bunch of new models and further polishing of assets. It wouldn't really come out as a surprise if they never even got to finishing any of the stages at all by the time the prototype was scrapped. Even Complete Disk shows rough renders and funky stuff, not to mention all the stuff they didn't show because they were either incomplete or simply galaxies away from the status of rough draft.
                            Last edited by Gemini; 08-22-2013, 12:08 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Even spiderman animations enemy in 1.5, have been used in resident evil 3 for Drain Deimos.

Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by blackpower View Post
                                Even spiderman animations enemy in 1.5, have been used in resident evil 3 for Drain Deimos.

Spoiler:
                                Very similar design. Could be an inspiration for the DD.

Comment

Working...
                                X