Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.5 must be a new kind of T-virus.
    It turns all those who start discussing it into brain dead, aggressive Zombies, as evidenced by this topic.

I'd say, if we ever get into a world war 3, then 1.5 will most certainly be the cause of it.

Now back to topic!

Something got into my mind recently...
    Did Capcom actually use this bug-ridden, embarrassing mess of a game sample to demonstrate the soon-to-be sequel to their hit game Biohazard?
    I, as a developer would be ashamed to admit that I was responsible for this.

Just look at the menu icon for the handgun ammo, it was an ugly placeholder in this build, and so was John's character model.
    Zombies which have their heads blown into pieces still get up and walk towards the player. (A glitch, not a feature, I guess)
    Leon/Elza's shadow disappears whenever you examine the environment.
    Also, every door during the room transition scenes looks exactly the same, there's only one model for them.
    Even the Biohazard 1 samples looked more complete in comparison to this, seriously.

I can't help but think that Capcom rushed development just to get something playable to show to the media as fast as possible.
    Last edited by Upaluppa; 08-05-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
      1.5 must be a new kind of T-virus.
      It turns all those who start discussing it into brain dead, aggressive Zombies, as evidenced by this topic.

I'd say, if we ever get into a world war 3, then 1.5 will most certainly be the cause of it.

Now back to topic!

Did Capcom actually use this bug-ridden, embarrassing mess of a game sample to demonstrate the soon-to-be sequel to their hit game Biohazard?

Just look at the menu icon for the handgun ammo, it was an ugly placeholder in this build, and so was John's character model.
      Zombies which have their heads blown into pieces still get up and walk towards the player. (A glitch, not a feature, I guess)
      Also, every door during the room transition scenes looks exactly the same, there's only one model for them.
      Even the Biohazard 1 samples looked more complete in comparison to this, seriously.

I can't help but think that Capcom rushed development just to get something playable to show to the media as fast as possible.
      Where have you seen footage of the door transitions? Goromacida?

What we have to consider is what was actually intended to be played by the press. It might very well be that only a short portion of the game is immediately playable, like a demo of the RPD for example, to give the press a sense of atmosphere and a chance to see the game in motion. It doesn't necessarily require parts of the game to be complete as it's likely not being shown to the public like the two Biohazard alpha builds, and anything else probably requires debug features to use at which point the press would know what they're getting in to.

Think of it like this, this build is probably a lot like the Biohazard 2 Trial Edition after it's been unlocked, long story short a bit of a mess. Imagine Capcom released the trial without the short ending, with botched cutscenes and unconnected rooms that didn't make any sense you'd probably think it was a buggy piece of garbage. At the end of the day that only matters to us, we're only intended to see so much, after that it doesn't really matter as this is an unfinished game.
      Last edited by Guest; 08-05-2012, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
        1.5 must be a new kind of T-virus.

Now back to topic!

Pretty sure it was just something put together for internal testing.
        Last edited by randomwab; 08-05-2012, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• I don't think it was intended to be reviewed by the press, otherwise we would end up with a public copy a lot sooner.
          Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aleff View Post
            I don't think it was intended to be reviewed by the press, otherwise we would end up with a public copy a lot sooner.
            From what I know most press photos came from this era of development and copies were sent out to the press, it's likely this is the very build.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
              From what I know most press photos came from this era of development and copies were sent out to the press, it's likely this is the very build.
              Unlikely, all the press photos and/or videos showed mostly the same areas/scenarios. I worked for a game magazine a load of years back and it was common that you were sent a video of gameplay, and advised that a demo was coming soon (once the game was near completion, just so that photos were included for publication). Mostly demos didn't come as a lot of games were canned, so you were left with videos of cancelled projects.

Who would send out a 40% complete version of a game to the press in the state it looked to be in, definitely not Capcom.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeefWellington View Post
                This is why you never mention you have 1.5 or have new material. Because ignorant fans like most of the people on this thread ruin the entire thing because they are butt flustered that they cant have it. Way to go guys. Way to fucking go.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]6963[/ATTACH]
                This is what i tried to say pages back, these guys feel they are entitled to the game the second someone let's the community know they have it. Why the fuck wwould we be entitled to anything. Fuck this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSoft View Post
                  Unlikely, all the press photos and/or videos showed mostly the same areas/scenarios. I worked for a game magazine a load of years back and it was common that you were sent a video of gameplay, and advised that a demo was coming soon (once the game was near completion, just so that photos were included for publication). Mostly demos didn't come as a lot of games were canned, so you were left with videos of cancelled projects.

Who would send out a 40% complete version of a game to the press in the state it looked to be in, definitely not Capcom.
                  To the best of my memory, press members were contacted who actually spent time with the game and stated that they thought it wasn't very good. Long story short the press did get to preview the game, the question is what build.

And who would send out a 60% complete build of Biohazard 2 (beta 2) in the state that was in? Capcom.
                  Last edited by Guest; 08-05-2012, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• In most cases, whenever builds were sent out to magazines (especially early ones), they'd come with a return envelope and everything.

But, well, things get lost every now and then. Sometimes you just got, as MrSoft said, piles of footage (usually VHS or photos) of selected stuff that all media outlets got access too, but had to do their own pick 'n' mix amongst in terms of what to use for print and what not.

It's just in modern day, when gaming journalism has become "LOL BIAS/MONEY HAT" and game development has become "SRS BSNS" full of investors and marketing people who have no clue what the product they're selling actually is, that we've ended up in a situation where it's uncommon for media to get access to something that's still early in production.

Just read a pre-release preview of something in a mid-90s gaming magazine and compare it to a pre-release preview in a modern outlet and you'll get why this was more common practice before. (Or just see how the Battlefield 3 beta was received by certain users, when it *gasp* was actually a multiplayer testing build and not just a glorified demo with the word "beta" slapped on it.)

Back in the days, checking out something in development was exciting and writing about it let you express what you didn't like and what you did like. Things were always positive up until the moment of truth came and the final product was up for review ... that's when the gloves came off!

Comment

• I like the way many of the members act as if they already played the RE1.5 40%, or 80% build and say they know why capcom canned the game. You don't know , because you haven't played it. And just because the textures weren't as detailed doesn't mean the game was worst. I want to play this game not to see whether it is a better or worst game than the retail version, but just to see the similarities and differences. I think most of you agree with that.
                      Last edited by Black~Crow; 08-05-2012, 04:12 PM.
                      I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

• Originally posted by Black~Crow View Post
                        I like the way many of the members act as if they already played the RE1.5 40%, or 80% build and say they know why capcom canned the game. You don't know , because you haven't played it. And just because the textures weren't as detailed doesn't mean the game was worst. I want to play this game not to see whether it is a better or worst game than the retail version, but just to see the similarities and differences. I think most of you agree with that.
                        Exactly. Thank you
                        PSN Gamercards

Comment

• Sure. But some of us, to the great shock to some of you (maybe), actually work in the industry and have seen titles come and go, some from concept to final, some from planning to cancellation, and so when some of us say that Biohazard 2's redesign clearly came from being a game basically feeling like a cheap knockoff of its original, rather than carrying the values and quality of a sequal that would've improve on its source material instead of milking it, it's not us going "LOL! THEY DIDN'T EVEN FINISH TEH GFX!!" it's us seeing what their foundation was and where they were taking things and doing a realistic and educated guess based on prior knowledge of game design and this very specific game's troubled development history and available media.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                            And who would send out a 60% complete build of Biohazard 2 (beta 2) in the state that was in? Capcom.
                            Don't know where you got that funny "60%", but the "beta 2" is nearly complete. It would be more something like 95% complete.
                            Last edited by Rick Hunter; 08-05-2012, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Well, that build (dubbed "beta 2") is clearly in some weird final tweaking space of "final touches being applied, but the overall design is locked down."

Just like with the various public BH2/RE2 trial/preview versions and their odd little route changes and stuff.

Comment

• Yeah exactly, the game was basically finished and just being polished. It was the preview version, and was sent to the press what, maybe 1 month before release? It's a bit sad that the only "beta" we have is so close to the final game. The demo was much more interesting.
                                Last edited by Rick Hunter; 08-05-2012, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X