Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also remember that 1.9 thinggy. I clearly remembering browsing trough some source code that labelled 1.9 in somewhere... no where was it...
    ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
      CAPCOM used "1.5" internally to refer to BH3 for a time. Then they used "1.9."

Is the raw Japanese transcript or scans of that interview available? I can't rely on an old French translation.
      This must of been what I was referring to earlier. Thanks for the clarification.
      sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

• Same room dimensions, perhaps?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	402319
        (right pic has been flipped for easy comparison)
        Seibu teh geimu?
        ---

Comment

• Well, well well ... well, well, well .... I thought I had seen every c2keo background there was, but this one's new to me, too. Always good to see new stuff. Okay, boys and girls - time for overanalysis!!!!!

Just kidding ....
          Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
          Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
            Same room dimensions, perhaps?
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7977[/ATTACH]
            (right pic has been flipped for easy comparison)
            Seems likely! We know from the PSM video that no loading screen is required for ascending and descending staircases, so perhaps each stairwell contains all of its accessible floors in one room file. Also, based on the room dimensions, there's no way that a single flight of stairs could connect 1F and B1 (just look at the ceiling height of the Parking Lot, which is similar to the height of the wall seen in the Helipad stairwell!). I'm willing to bet that both the eastern and western stairwells in the RPD contain two half-flights of stairs per floor, with a mezzanine landing connecting them.

Comment

• Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
              Never heard Capcom calling RE3, "RE1.5". I just know that once again, it is Mikami who came with the name "RE1.9" - he said it in a DVD, where a few Capcom's staff members are getting drunk in a bar. Forgot the reference.
              http://survivhor.biohazardfrance.net...ION/index.html
              That's from the Director's Hazard featurette that came in one of the Wesker's Report DVD's. The 5th Anniversary if I'm correct. I don't think it has ever been translated, at least I don't recall any site having a translation. Here and here, if anyone's interested.

In regards of that Famitsu interview. I get NB's reluctancy on previous English translations, not that it happens all the time, but I can say that that particular translation is butchered and incomplete. Fortunately, neither Doughboy nor Dominion translated this one from Japanese to English. The one at Survivhor is a translation from Totally RE's transcript of Tips & Tricks' faulty version, which inaccuracy would've passed unnoticed if it wasn't for the fact that Ultra Game Players have a different translation. You can compare excerpts of both here:

Originally posted by Tips and Tricks #037 Jan 1998
              Famitsu: What is the most interesting aspect of Bio Hazard 2?
              Kamiya: The "Zapping System". In the original Bio Hazard, there were two scenarios, and you could play as either Chris or Jill. In the sequel, you can play one entire game from two points of view. You can select either Leon or Claire when you start the first disc, then select again when you start the second disc.
              Famitsu: So that means a player can enjoy 4 different patterns?
              Kamiya: Yes, that's right.
              Mikami: There is still only one main flow in the game, but there are slight differences depending on which pattern you choose to play. First of all, there is a big difference between Leon and Claire. Even when you change the main character halfway, there is a difference.
              Famitsu: That means it is all up to the player which pattern he wants to use?
              Mikami: Yes, but if you play twice, that will be sufficient. Enthusiastic gamers can enjoy the game by changing characters at the halfway point.
              Famitsu: Depending on which character a player chooses and how he plays influences the later scenario. Oops, did I say something I shouldn't have?
              Originally posted by Ultra Game Players #107 Feb 1998
              Q: In your opinion what is the most interesting part of Resident Evil 2?
              Kamiya: That would be the zapping system. In the original Resident Evil, there are two scenarios, one with Chris and the other on with Jill. But in 2 you play and look at one incident from both points of view.
              Q: You can actually select either character for each disc, is that correct?
              Kamiya: Yes, you can select either Leon or Claire and you can change when you start the second CD.
              Q: So that means players can enjoy four different patterns?
              Mikami: Yes, but there is still only one big flow of the scenario. There are slight differences depending on which pattern you choose to play.
              Q: Is it true that depending on which character a player chooses and how he plays influences the later scenario?
              Ultra Games Player's translation begins halfway in the interview, but it has some pieces of info never seen before:

Originally posted by Tips and Tricks #037 Jan 1998
              Famitsu: I was surprised at the appearance of the female zombie in the game.
              Mikami: Her voice was done pretty nicely, right? Did you hesitate shooting her?
              Famitsu: Yes, but I felt I had no other choice.
              Originally posted by Ultra Game Players #107 Feb 1998
              (...) particular action, but the characters can do a lot of different things situation by situation. There are actions that you could guess if you had played the original and there are some that you cannot even imagine.
              Q: When you are playing the game you can see some connections to the original, so did you make this game for the veteran Resident Evil player?
              Mikami: Even if you haven't played the original, you can still enjoy the game on its own, but for players who played the original we've continued the story. You'll even notice that Chris and Jill's desks are in the police station.
              Q: I understand the setting for RE2 expanded greatly from the original, what can we expect in future versions?
              Mikami: Well, before we started making RE2, there were concepts that had cosmos in the setting. All those concepts did not make it, though. There was a concept in which the player would play the game as a zombie. Some of these ideas are sure to spring up in future versions.
              //Q: I was surpised to see a female zombie
              Mikami: Her voice was done pretty nicely, right? Did you hesitate shooting her?
              Q: Yes, but I didn't really have a choice!// [<-- Only part in the Tips and Tricks Interview] Did you name each zombie?
              Mikami: No, we didn't, but we have our own little names among the team, we call the female zombie 'gal' and the frog guy [the Licker] who we call Aoyama, which is actually one of the members of the team [BH3's Director; Kazuhiro Aoyama]. His moves just like the frog guy, he even got on all fours for the motion capture.
              Such as, well, BH2's early 'cosmos' scenario (BH in space? or whatever that means) and 'zombie player' concept, the insider names of the female zombie and licker and Mikami's opinion regarding scrapped material coming back in the future.

I could not find the full UGP article though, I'm missing two pages (whoever wants to read it, you can find it in my Magazine stash: here). Securing a copy of that particular Famitsu issue would be the best course of action to provide a proper translation.
              Last edited by Ridley W. Hayes; 01-18-2013, 03:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvin View Post
                I also remember that 1.9 thinggy. I clearly remembering browsing trough some source code that labelled 1.9 in somewhere... no where was it...
                It's in the text dump. For example:

//================================================== ========================//
                // Biohazard19 //
                // Copyright (c) 1995 CAPCOM Co.,Ltd. All Rights Reserved. //
                // //
                // 10F Message File //
                // Programed by Tomohiro.A //
                //================================================== ========================//
                //--------------------------------------------------------------------------//
                // 調べるメッセージ //
                //--------------------------------------------------------------------------//
                // <No.00> //
                @T(2)
                @K
                □□サイズの合いそうな服がある@P(0)
                着がえますか?@S(0)
                EC(0)
                --

// <No.01> //
                @T(2)
                @K
                □□サイズの合いそうな服がある@P(0)
                着がえますか?@S(0)
                EC(0)
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Wow ...was I the only person to have bought Tips & Tricks magazines?! Every one of those scans (covers excluded) came from me, ages ago...

I noticed an error, however - the 'Akuma in Resident Evil 2' cheat was an April Fools joke by GamePro(?), not Tips & Tricks. ;P Also, it's the only one that I didn't scan.
                  Last edited by MeganGrass; 01-18-2013, 03:50 AM.
                  I'm a blackstar.

Comment

It was made by c2keo, iirc. It isn't legit.
                    So that was done by c2keo? was to be expected, his work is amazing!

I did not know who had done this, just remember that save of bioflames forum, years ago.

Are two gifs, one is the one I have in my signature, and the other you will see here:

I'm the only one that I keep them?
                    Last edited by Dark Biohazard; 01-18-2013, 04:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                      Wow ...was I the only person to have bought Tips & Tricks magazines?! Every one of those scans (covers excluded) came from me, ages ago...

I noticed an error, however - the 'Akuma in Resident Evil 2' cheat was an April Fools joke by GamePro(?), not Tips & Tricks. ;P Also, it's the only one that I didn't scan.
                      Hmm, I'm not sure about the April Fools joke. I really thought it was from Tips & Tricks, I checked GamePro's April Issue and didn't find it. I¿ll see it removed from there then. Also, thanks for scanning those, they have been hard to find anywhere else. I got #24, #26 and #27 from E-Day and Phillyman of Retromags, but #37, #49 and #58 are all yours (thank you!). Would you happen to have those still around to make full page scans?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
                        So that was done by c2keo? was to be expected, his work is amazing!

I did not know who had done this, just remember that save of bioflames forum, years ago.
                        Yep. I think he made a few more that never got around to be released, like the one here in his avatar on bioflames:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1-3.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	402320
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

Yep. I think he made a few more that never got around to be released, like the one here in his avatar on bioflames:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7979[/ATTACH]
                          I see, it's a shame. I've never seen his avatar, thanks for that.

Comment

• Never saw those gifs before. I wouldn't be surprised if he was working with the team.

Anyway, Leon looks like he's having a seizure

Comment

• CAPCOM used "1.5" internally to refer to BH3 for a time. Then they used "1.9."

So... my fantasy goes to the this thing here:
                              Seeing 1.5 being similar to re3 [ya know what zombies I am talking about]. Perhaps they took 1.5 and literally turned it into RE3
                              ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvin View Post
                                CAPCOM used "1.5" internally to refer to BH3 for a time. Then they used "1.9."

So... my fantasy goes to the this thing here:
                                Seeing 1.5 being similar to re3 [ya know what zombies I am talking about]. Perhaps they took 1.5 and literally turned it into RE3
                                Nope. BH3 was made by a completely different team, quite a lot of them students. The faster zombies were added to increase the threat they posed, since they also increased Jill's ability to defend herself.
                                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                                X