Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow those gifs brings back memories from Bioflames...how time has passed
    Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• BH2's early 'cosmos' scenario (BH in space? or whatever that means)
      Finally!! Iv never seen this mentioned anywhere online

i have an article from Official Playstation Magazine from around 96/97, it has the title RESIDENT EVIL IN SPACE!? with a screenshot of a Chris-ish looking Character standing in a spacestation background. i believe it was the first mention of any resident evil sqeual at the time, the article was very vague.

if i can dig out the magazine (i believe it has a MGS cover) would anyone like to see a scan of it?
      Last edited by EVIL-WEBBY; 01-18-2013, 06:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkside05 View Post
        Wow those gifs brings back memories from Bioflames...how time has passed
        +1

Comment

• bh3 by students..... they where some cool students!
          ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

• Originally posted by EVIL-WEBBY View Post
            Finally!! Iv never seen this mentioned anywhere online

i have an article from Official Playstation Magazine from around 96/97, it has the title RESIDENT EVIL IN SPACE!? with a screenshot of a Chris-ish looking Character standing in a spacestation background. i believe it was the first mention of any resident evil sqeual at the time, the article was very vague.

if i can dig out the magazine (i believe it has a MGS cover) would anyone like to see a scan of it?
            Yes, scan everything BIO related if possible. Though be aware that the screenshot you're thinking of is quite possibly something drawn by the magazine, not CAPCOM.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              Yes, scan everything BIO related if possible. Though be aware that the screenshot you're thinking of is quite possibly something drawn by the magazine, not CAPCOM.
              it wasnt drawn concept art, it was a screenshot of rendered graphics, from what i remember it seemed to me it may of been sent to the magazine with the details of the game.

give me afew days i know i have alot of old Playstation mags at the back of my storage space, im sure its still there

Comment

• That's quite interesting then, I'm surprised it hasn't turned up at any point in 15 years.

Comment

• My heavily associative mind renders a new monster combined of what we know - a space gorilla or monkey. Ha ha.

Wesker in air pressue room looking out toward Mars: "Hmm. I can see Mars station. I see Umbrella has been active even here.

Comment

That's quite interesting then, I'm surprised it hasn't turned up at any point in 15 years.
                    i agree, im shocked iv even found this "cosmos" mention after all this time, ever since iv had access to the internet in 99 iv tried to find details of this lost game.

Originally posted by Marvin View Post
                    My heavily associative mind renders a new monster combined of what we know - a space gorilla or monkey. Ha ha.

Wesker in air pressue room looking out toward Mars: "Hmm. I can see Mars station. I see Umbrella has been active even here.
                    Space Gorillias wouldn't be too far off coming from capcom, i can totally see infected chimps in astronaut suits haha, it could of been the early birth of infected mutant zombies as enermys, alien zombies lol but i'm glad they scrapped it since i really dont like scifi all that much and could of killed resident evil if it flopped, atleast we got the racoon city scenarios before ruining the serise.

Comment

• c2keo was really doing a good job. That looks like 1.5 if capcom decided to keep it and enhance the character models to retail standards.
                      Last edited by Darkness; 01-18-2013, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EVIL-WEBBY View Post
                        atleast we got the racoon city scenarios before ruining the serise.
                        best said ever. I worship you now.

Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                        c2keo was really doing a good job
                        I wouldn't be surprised if c2keo was ex capcom employee actually. The one who joined later Dino Crisis. He gotten too authentic textures

Comment

Doughboy's translations weren't very accurate
                          If you mean that her texts aren't as "complete" as PU's then yes. She went straight to the point and didn't bother much which details. Which, in my own 30 years of work experience in various countries is what a good translation is about. Translation is about getting the essence of the message from one language to an other. Translating every words is both pointless, quite "dry", and doesn't work so well because of culture differences - look at "Google Translation" for an example of what not to do.

It is funny that you point the two RE3 texts as references. Dougboy's one talk about "Nemesis", who's the main bad guy of RE3. PU's text talk about "The Pursuer". Who's that ?!?
                          Now, I am playing devil's advocate because I know that Nemesis' nickname, in the very first reports from magazines, was "Chaser" (I even believe that Famitsu used the English nickname but I may be wrong). My point is that Doughboy's translation, even not accurate from an English point of view, is perfectly understandable from a RE fan point of view. PU's translation, while written in perfect English, is confusing. Who's this Pursuer character? An other BOW? I am sure that "Pursuer" is a perfect translation of the japanese word used in the original text. It makes for an academic translation, not for a fan reading. Using Pursuer instead of Nemesis makes me feel that I read a translation made by a translator who never played the game. The perfect way to go about it would be to write
                          - The Nemesis* [bla-bla-bla]
                          *The japanese text uses the name Pursuer but for clarity sake's, the translator will use "Nemesis" instead.

In the end, it all depend on what you expect from a translation. I am not a huge fan of PU because, even if I can see that there is a lot of time involved into finding texts and translating them, most of the texts I read are too "dry", too much academic (like this Pursuer-Nemesis problem). Granted, I didn't read all of them, so maybe I was just out of luck. Also, who's the translator(s)? It annoys me that I never know who's work I am reading.

Originally posted by Ridley W. Hayes View Post
                          In regards of that Famitsu interview. I get NB's reluctancy on previous English translations, not that it happens all the time, but I can say that that particular translation is butchered and incomplete. Fortunately, neither Doughboy nor Dominion translated this one from Japanese to English. The one at Survivhor is a translation from Totally RE's transcript of Tips & Tricks' faulty version, which inaccuracy would've passed unnoticed if it wasn't for the fact that Ultra Game Players have a different translation.
                          Yes, you are right, the source of the translation I used is at the bottom right of the following page ( http://survivhor.biohazardfrance.net.../04/index.html ). Thanks for pointing out the differences of the various translations, thought!
                          Last edited by imacwesker; 01-18-2013, 10:39 AM.
                          Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

• If this "RE in Space" really did existed, it turned into DC3.
                            Last edited by Guest; 01-18-2013, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Another update from the zorkmeister. He's talking about making the idea and storyboard for something, wouldn't say what, just that it's coming in a week or two
                              Last edited by Darkness; 01-18-2013, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
                                If you mean that her texts aren't as "complete" as PU's then yes. She went straight to the point and didn't bother much which details. Which, in my own 30 years of work experience in various countries is what a good translation is about. Translation is about getting the essence of the message from one language to an other. Translating every words is both pointless, quite "dry", and doesn't work so well because of culture differences - look at "Google Translation" for an example of what not to do.

It is funny that you point the two RE3 texts as references. Dougboy's one talk about "Nemesis", who's the main bad guy of RE3. PU's text talk about "The Pursuer". Who's that ?!?
                                Now, I am playing devil's advocate because I know that Nemesis' nickname, in the very first reports from magazines, was "Chaser" (I even believe that Famitsu used the English nickname but I may be wrong). My point is that Doughboy's translation, even not accurate from an English point of view, is perfectly understandable from a RE fan point of view. PU's translation, while written in perfect English, is confusing. Who's this Pursuer character? An other BOW? I am sure that "Pursuer" is a perfect translation of the japanese word used in the original text. It makes for an academic translation, not for a fan reading. Using Pursuer instead of Nemesis makes me feel that I read a translation made by a translator who never played the game. The perfect way to go about it would be to write
                                - The Nemesis* [bla-bla-bla]
                                *The japanese text uses the name Pursuer but for clarity sake's, the translator will use "Nemesis" instead.

In the end, it all depend on what you expect from a translation. I am not a huge fan of PU because, even if I can see that there is a lot of time involved into finding texts and translating them, most of the texts I read are too "dry", too much academic (like this Pursuer-Nemesis problem). Granted, I didn't read all of them, so maybe I was just out of luck. Also, who's the translator(s)? It annoys me that I never know who's work I am reading.

Yes, you are right, the source of the translation I used is at the bottom right of the following page ( http://survivhor.biohazardfrance.net.../04/index.html ). Thanks for pointing out the differences of the various translations, thought!
                                Doughboy going "straight to the point" means that they aren't accurate. They're summaries, and often sound quite odd in English (suffering from quite a bit of "Engrish"). Translating every word is not pointless when many of those words contain somewhat important details. While they might get the "gist", they're still not accurate. Not having a go at her, just telling it like it is. I very much appreciate the work and they were invaluable at the time.

"Pursuer" is the nickname of Nemesis, and is what the developers call it, so it's funny when you say it's by a translator who never played the game. That is why in Archives and Umbrella Chronicles they use Pursuer and Nemesis interchangeably. Chaser is an alternative translation of the same Japanese word, but we exclusively use Pursuer when any text uses the word. Any fan who is even slightly familiar with the series will know what it is, so there's no need for us to be concerned about that. And if they don't, they can quickly learn since we have the search term for "Pursuer" redirected to the Nemesis article. Problem solved.

All translations on PU are either by myself, Welsh or a professional translator we outsource to, and I review each and every translation. We don't need to list who the translator was.
                                Last edited by News Bot; 01-18-2013, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X