Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
    is the freezer room background the only thing from 1.5 that made it into retail re2 ? I know the lab looked similar but just had a few differences
    is there a list of things that were 100% used in 1.5 and re2 ?
    I believe the zapping room, and that's it.

Comment

• The freezer Room was reused in RE2 without any changes. There was only one more light glowing beneath the fuse machine. Also, the background music is 100% the same unchanged from 1.5 to retail.
      Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• the freezer room music became the music for the entire lab, the red lab was relegated to one room, the zapping room

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred View Post
          The freezer Room was reused in RE2 without any changes. There was only one more light glowing beneath the fuse machine. Also, the background music is 100% the same unchanged from 1.5 to retail.
          I think the only difference is:

Probably some kind of puzzle or code that is needed to use the machine in there.

Comment

• Yup, you can see that console in retail too, its nicely visible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
              Yup, you can see that console in retail too, its nicely visible.
              Although I don't think you can examine it, right?

Comment

• No, you can't. Examine does nothing, but you can make out all the buttons and everything

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  I've said this quite a few times now.
                  And that's exactly why I asked if *we* have some info about it. I'm not interested in information that is not accessible, it renders it useless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred View Post
                    The freezer Room was reused in RE2 without any changes. There was only one more light glowing beneath the fuse machine. Also, the background music is 100% the same unchanged from 1.5 to retail.
                    If memory serves, the Freezer Room changed more between the PSM and final builds than it did between the final build and retail version.

Comment

• Why exactly are there issues with releasing plot information of games that were scrapped? I understand there is a NDA involved, but why is it necessary in the first place?
                      Last edited by Graco; 01-19-2013, 06:01 PM.
                      sigpic
                      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                        Why exactly are there issues with releasing plot information of games that were scrapped? I understand there is a NDA involved, but why is it necessary in the first place?
                        So you don't anger the capcom bear

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                          Why exactly are there issues with releasing plot information of games that were scrapped? I understand there is a NDA involved, but why is it necessary in the first place?
                          Quite often in CAPCOM, "scrapped" concepts tend to be reused or recycled in some form. When they are "scrapped", a company usually likes to keep them under wraps from thereon in order to avoid spoiling a future game.

An NDA isn't the only factor, there's also a level of trust involved between us and the developers in terms of what we can release. If we release something they told us in strict confidence and asked us not to, we ruin our relationship with them and wreck any chance of future information not only from them, but from any other developers in contact with them.
                          Last edited by News Bot; 01-19-2013, 06:22 PM.
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• This page is interesting. I wonder if its all made up bs or what they are talking about is accurate, its talking like it was written by good old infamous psm curator

Leon Scott Kennedy, 21, has just finished police training and is now a rookie cop. With all of the trouble on the streets, Leon waits for rescue teams on the police department helicopter pad. But as his comrades succumb to the zombies with each minute passing by, he decides to find an escape route to ensure his own safety.
                            The game features two characters: Elza Walker and Leon Scott Kennedy. Elza Walker is slightly easier as the zombies are fewer but she starts off with less ammunition. Leon Scott Kennedy begins with more ammunition but the amount of zombies and degree of difficulty have increased. During the re-design, Elza Walker was removed entirely from the game and replaced with Claire Redfield.
                            Eleven years after development started, The PlayStation Museum jumped at the chance to kill zombies in what is regarded as the last official build of Capcom’s Resident Evil 1.5
                            Last edited by Darkness; 01-19-2013, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Ah, Upaluppa, I've never seen him around for ages. What I found interesting about his page is that he noted the code BTA-076 from PSM. I was always curious if it was something to do with the actual disc or whether it was just a cataloging code that Curator used for his website.

BTW that is a copy of the old PSM review from the old website.
                              Last edited by Guest; 01-19-2013, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Wow. Has anyone NOTICED this? He's selling EVERYTHING!

Comment

Working...
                                X