Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gradon View Post
    I don't think anyone knows the extent of all of the areas in the game. We don't have all the assets so how are we meant to make factual information on that?

The mod 'will be done when it's done'. Much like development of retail video games, if dates are set they HAVE to be hit, most publishers won't want to take pushing back the game so they make it very clear they want it by the date they set... Otherwise there will be some bitching by the fans if not met.

It's possible that the team doesn't even know how long they have left developing the mod.
    please stop calling it mod... as it is not.
    ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

• Originally posted by Gradon View Post
      I don't think anyone knows the extent of all of the areas in the game. We don't have all the assets so how are we meant to make factual information on that?

The mod 'will be done when it's done'. Much like development of retail video games, if dates are set they HAVE to be hit, most publishers won't want to take pushing back the game so they make it very clear they want it by the date they set... Otherwise there will be some bitching by the fans if not met.

It's possible that the team doesn't even know how long they have left developing the mod.
      This is far different from an official game development, where companies have deadlines to reach, and every person must work several hours every day because their work are paid.
      Probably the team do know how much work left, but it´s reasonable that they can´t guarantee how many days will took this work, because they don´t have full-time availability to work in the project.
      And, as Marvin says, it´s not a mod, it´s more likely a ¨restructuration project¨.
      The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvin View Post
        Well technically it IS a mod, it's a fan modification of an unreleased game. I understand what you mean, this is 1.5 and not a mod of RE2, but technically it is correct.
        Last edited by Guest; 01-22-2013, 09:14 AM.

Comment

It is a mod... It's an unnofficial modification of the unfinished version of 1.5 with the target to rebuild it to playable status... A mod...

This is far different from an official game development, where companies have deadlines to reach, and every person must work several hours every day because their work are paid. Probably the team do know how much work left, but it´s reasonable that they can´t guarantee how many days will took this work, because they don´t have full-time availability to work in the project.
          Yes... But if they were to give a date and not hit it because of expectation then the same backlash would happen. They are working in their spare time, unpaid. Regardless of how long they think it's going to take, you never actually know 100% when people aren't available because of personal lives, this is different in retail development in the fact these people most likely have other jobs.

Edit: I'm just want to say that I'm not meaning to offend. I don't think anyone knows how long it will take to release. My "they probably don't even know" is my assumption. They could very well know and are ready to release it on a said date, but don't hold your breathe.
          Last edited by Gradon; 01-22-2013, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• To imagine the development cycle think of all the work that has to be done. You have the guy (or guys) who have to render missing or incomplete backgrounds, you then have a team who has to create boundaries and script events etc for each and every room custom background or Trial Edtion backgrounds. Honestly I think rendering these incomplete areas is only part of the work and if takes a good amount of time to get that job done I think they'd still have a lot of work to do regardless of whether they have to render the area them selves or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
              +custom models, custom animations, game balance, maps, and it goes on. Not much left!!

Man I was starting to miss all those groundless and incoherent speculations about things we know absolutely NOTHING about

At that point we need a little bit more percentages and release date speculations and we're on schedule!

This and its getting quite annoying. We know about 1.5 through videos and pictures.... some word of mouth. Other then that we don't know SHIT, we could be completely wrong about how big or small the police station is, how big or small the sewers are. We don't know for sure, there is a lot of the game that is unseen to the majority of us and until we get the game for ourselves we don't know real numbers. Speculation is great but when it's getting passed off as fact that's when we're going off track.

Comment

The term mod is derived from the act of modifying a game. To mod a game is to create custom levels, objects, characters, or even unique or stand-alone game from an existing game engine. Many games come with an editor that allow for easier modding. A person who mods a game is called a modder.

A restoration, a translation or whatever the hell else are all sub-categories of modding, and therefore are mods. So people will most likely keep saying it's a mod, and you're free to copy past your comment on all subsequent pages if you deem it interesting and constructive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                  Yeah who knows, but I think they are pretty organized. They probably go their own ways for a week, then perhaps meet up on a IRC channel or something like that, compile and upload files to a server, and continue talk on the their plans.

You know, after they finish the sewers, there isn't much left then. All they'd have to do it use the trial games backgrounds, create boundaries/dimensions, add enemies, event script/flags, and some sound effects among other things. Right now I think the work on the R.P.D is done and they have started work on the sewers. IMO the sewers aren't too big. Probably no bigger than they are in retail. After that there is the factory, which is pretty much complete, except for maybe a few rooms.

But yeah we don't know what all has to be done on this project now. I hope it gets released soon. I am so anxious and have been playing RE2 non stop. I must have beaten it 10 times in the last two weeks already.
                  I'm glad your all positive and stuff but how can you claim ANY of this? you don't know how much has to be done and how much doesn't have to be done. I'm confused, have you actually played the raw build they got? that's the only way you'd have any of idea of how much they have left to do.

Comment

• it is not mod. mod is modifiying. its a development as they build thing as it should be. so it is rather restauration project.

it is defenately not mod. modding is what you see when you take re2 and try to sqeeze 1.5 out of it. these guys has already 1.5 they just IMPLEMENT missing stuff. they are not actually moddin something custom on it.

EDIT: Something wierd I noticed, a lot of people here are not after truth but rather trying to prove he or she is right. If i'd say how far a moon is from earth there would be a full scientific explanation of elliptical trajecotry of moon around earth. probably formulas too. Or if I post a RGB(0,0,0) picture here and claim it being black. I'd sure get a response that it all depends how much brightness/contrast your monitor emmits. And it is not black.... But hey if you want. Call it a "mod". lol. But it is very "special" mod in that case if you compare to what we have seen over years in resident evil 1-2-3 modding forum. usually mod's tend to stray away from main game too. .. but what a heck I know. I am just pointing out it would be too "cheap" to call it as mod. I see it not fitting for that word in case of our Mystery Team productions.

EDIT #2: so if a restarator diggs out old Ming vase and starting to fix it, he is modding? no he is restoring its original form not melting Tuppelware or Hello Kitty out of it.

EDIT #3: srry guys, I got insta-pissed. I will be away for couple of days.... and calm down....
                    Last edited by Marvin; 01-22-2013, 09:48 AM.

Comment

it is not mod. mod is modifiying. its a development as they build thing as it should be. so it is rather restauration project.

it is defenately not mod. modding is what you see when you take re2 and try to sqeeze 1.5 out of it. these guys has already 1.5 they just IMPLEMENT missing stuff. they are not actually moddin something custom on it.
                      They are implementing missing things from the build, but how much of that being implemented is custom rooms and their own additions ? No one knows exactly, but we already seen "custom" added rooms in the videos, and there's the obvious "Missing Claire poster". It is not a straight RAW copy of RE 1.5, and it is modded. This isn't the car world to say it's being restored. Restoration involves taking the actual parts that are missing and adding them in. Those missing pieces aren't there to be used and must be made ( or fabricated [ sticking with the restoration theme here ] ). Something fabricated isn't authentic, it's a modification. I see what you mean, and I agree, but the terms you're using don't fit. It's a mod.

Originally posted by Marvin View Post
                      EDIT #2: so if a restarator diggs out old Ming vase and starting to fix it, he is modding? no he is restoring its original form not melting Tuppelware or Hello Kitty out of it.
                      I don't think you can compare the restoration of something that is handmade such as a vase to something as a video game. The ONLY WAY to repair a Vase is by doing it by hand (as far as I'm aware) and you are repairing something that was originally 100% complete. Restoring a "40%" build by hand isn't the ONLY way, as there was an "80%" copy. We are not seeing a restoration of a 40% build, we are seeing the modding of it to represent something else...
                      Last edited by Original Sin; 01-22-2013, 09:56 AM.
                      Tired of Stupid... sigpic

Comment

it is not mod. mod is modifiying. its a development as they build thing as it should be. so it is rather restauration project.

EDIT: Something wierd I noticed, a lot of people here are not after truth but rather trying to prove he or she is right. If i'd say how far a moon is from earth there would be a full scientific explanation of elliptical trajecotry of moon around earth. probably formulas too. Or if I post a RGB(0,0,0) picture here and claim it being black. I'd sure get a response that it all depends how much brightness/contrast your monitor emmits. And it is not black.... But hey if you want. Call it a "mod". lol. But it is very "special" mod in that case if you compare to what we have seen over years in resident evil 1-2-3 modding forum. usually mod's tend to stray away from main game too. .. but what a heck I know. I am just pointing out it would be too "cheap" to call it as mod. I see it not fitting for that word in case of our Mystery Team productions.
                        It is a mod, it's just a mod of THE REAL 1.5. We can call it a mod, a hack or whatever you want, they're still trying to finish something that's unfinished, they have to and already have added custom things to it.

Comment

• I am bannoning my self...

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                            It is a mod, it's just a mod of THE REAL 1.5. We can call it a mod, a hack or whatever you want, they're still trying to finish something that's unfinished, they have to and already have added custom things to it.
                            and things they added are not accurate and not as they were originally intended to be done by CAPCOM devs hands, after all it's just a fan completion mod.
                            and that is why I want the pure build aswell, Hear me team.

Anyway I was wondering about Mr.X in 1.5 was he planned there ? that piece of art is related ? don't tell me the game doesn't have any Tyrants
                            Last edited by Mrox2; 01-22-2013, 10:01 AM.
                            Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                            ^ Lol ...

Comment

• We don´t know exactly all what the Team is doing, and we wil not know until the release, if that day comes.

If the Team is connecting missing rooms that otherwise would be inaccesible, or fixing assets/scripts that could cause a crash in the game, for example, I think these actions are not mod-intended, because the purpose isn´t to modify the original game, but to make things work correctly so we can get a more closer to a final game, instead of probably getting stuck in the beginning because a door doesn´t work...
                              Other side, if the team is modifying backgrounds, even creating unexisting ones, changing enemies or item locations, this is more like a mod.

Consider it a ¨mod¨ or ¨restoration¨ is up to each one of us, maybe it´s a combination of both things. Anyways, things don´t change with the name given. But for me, the word ¨mod¨ is too small for this project, if this is really what I expect.
                              Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 01-22-2013, 10:27 AM.
                              The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• I'm going to call it restoration.
                                And what they are doing is very lengthy, and time hungry. Restoring a 40% complete game into an 70-80% complete game will take awhile. Just be thankful we have media on the final builds, and now news bot's info (yay) so It's a restoration to me, not a lolmod.

Comment

Working...
                                X