Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
    Resident Evil: Director's Cut: Dualshock OST - Mansion Basement
    Oh my God, yeah, I remember hearing that and thinking it was composed by the slow cousin of the FFVII composer, Opi.
    I'm going to try and see if I can get the original release version (big PS1 box and all) from my cousin's best friend.
    Seriously, they pulled waaay too much of a b-horror-movie feel into the DC release, lol
    I'm talking about the moments with this James Bond-y feeling music starts playing when

Spoiler:

Afterwards...
    Spoiler:

Then...
    Spoiler:

ALSO
    Spoiler:

And
    Spoiler:

(^God these took FOREVER! I couldn't find them anywhere, I had to type them by hand while listening to a walkthrough)
    It's more of a comedy than anything...
    Last edited by Leonardos5; 02-13-2013, 04:24 PM.
    "I will stay behind, to gaze at the sun. The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father! If only I could be so grossly incandescent!"
    PSN Gamercards

Comment

• About what you said, listen to leon's first line in 1.5 and elza, the voice acting was already improved over RE1 before they started over on RE2, its not like JIBBLE SANDWICH

Comment

• Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
        I never had DC before the original release but i enjoy both games music. The DC music is not bad at all..... My favorite had to be the kitche music, hearing that for the first time as a kid was something else....

I've only played Remake/DirectorsCut and this is the first time i hear the original basement theme. Honestly for it's time and ps1 music capabilities and for the actual basement scenery, this music is Genuinely creepy and fits.

Now if only they made the Basement more scarier in the DC era with that music by adding hanging limbless corpses and random legs and arms on the table with a butcher knife, and a zombie running around with a chef outfit, followed by a note explaining the chef of the mansion got infected and started to lose his mind and slowly progressing in his notes about cutting up people he didn't like and eating them, 4 Itchy Tasty.

Edit: Oh. don't forget a freezer full of bodies and possibly a Key and Gun Ammo from one of those Guards that didn't let the scientist leave the mansion.
        Last edited by Tewi; 02-13-2013, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tewi View Post
          I've only played Remake/DirectorsCut and this is the first time i hear the original basement theme. Honestly for it's time and ps1 music capabilities and for the actual basement scenery, this music is Genuinely creepy and fits.

Now if only they made the Basement more scarier in the DC era with that music by adding hanging limbless corpses and random legs and arms on the table with a butcher knife, and a zombie running around with a chef outfit, followed by a note explaining the chef of the mansion got infected and started to lose his mind and slowly progressing in his notes about cutting up people he didn't like and eating them, 4 Itchy Tasty.

Edit: Oh. don't forget a freezer full of bodies and possibly a Key and Gun Ammo from one of those Guards that didn't let the scientist leave the mansion.
          Chef zombie?
          Why not Psycho-cannibal chef?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	BeefJack_Dead_Rising_2_Psycho_Image_1.png
Views:	1
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	402474
          I think I'd have preferred listening to this throughout all of DC, though:
          Last edited by Leonardos5; 02-13-2013, 06:20 PM.
          "I will stay behind, to gaze at the sun. The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father! If only I could be so grossly incandescent!"
          PSN Gamercards

Comment

• I seem to be one of few who really dislikes the DC remade sound track. I started with Bio 1 of course in 1996 so this may be why, but it just sounds absolutely terrible to me. Not scary at all, doesn't have that creepy feeling. All the original tracks to me are just well composed, very B-Movie and creepy. The DC one just sounds ridiculous. I remember one comment I read on one of the videos said "I love this and the save theme, I prefer it to the save music of the original game!" Um... just no. Anyway, sorry. I don't usually express myself in this way. /Rant
            Last edited by BiohazardFE; 02-13-2013, 06:30 PM.
            sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
              Yuck!!! I personally hated Directors Cut soundtrack. None of the new tracks felt right at all in my opinion. The original soundtrack is outstanding, and by far the better of the two.

If I remember correctly, the PAL version of DC played the old soundtrack when you chose original game mode. The American version only had the new soundtrack, even for original mode.

Comment

• Yeah the PAL version has the original sound track for all modes luckily. Otherwise I would have played it muted. Anyway, don't want to derail this thread any longer.
                Last edited by BiohazardFE; 02-13-2013, 06:40 PM.
                sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonardos5 View Post
                  Oh my God, yeah, I remember hearing that and thinking it was composed by the slow cousin of the FFVII composer, Opi.
                  I'm going to try and see if I can get the original release version (big PS1 box and all) from my cousin's best friend.
                  Seriously, they pulled waaay too much of a b-horror-movie feel into the DC release, lol
                  I'm talking about the moments with this James Bond-y feeling music starts playing when

I do not remember this song what so ever, looks i'm gonna have to make a run through of the game again. Is it on all modes?

Comment

• Hey guys, new video from the team!
                    Last edited by myheaduphigh; 02-13-2013, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• I see. So there will be files!?! Now that is awesome! Also every enemy has an information file? That's cool beans and it does seem that some files where originally planned.

But that last bit.. is that an image gallery?
                      Last edited by Zombie_X; 02-13-2013, 07:58 PM.
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                        I see. So there will be files!?! Now that is awesome!

But that last bit.. is that an image gallery?
                        It seems like they're using the image gallery from retail RE2 as inspiration (Dreamcast and PC version? I know my copy of value plus has it). Very neat!
                        Last edited by myheaduphigh; 02-13-2013, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Similar indeed (left RE2 PC, right 1.5):

Scrolling and RE1 music make it a lot better, tho.
                          Last edited by Gemini; 02-13-2013, 07:59 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Files! I am still so happy about that!

Also, I think this shows that the Alligators are included. They wouldn't have a file for them if they didn't.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-119925.png
Views:	1
Size:	423.9 KB
ID:	402475
                            Last edited by Zombie_X; 02-13-2013, 08:09 PM.
                            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Oh sweet muffinbutts, that vid.
                              That was an interesting inside development look.
                              Pretty sweet vid.

though i kinda feel bad saying this, but i do want to express my opinion, my only tinsy itsy complaint which is my "opinion" because its my "Preference and taste" is i wished they used the "bioHazard 2" logo/Opening sound instead rather then the English Game Name/OpeningSound. Pff but hell i can live without it lol.

Comment

• Damn, they are really doing this correct hey. I don't care how long this takes, it's gonna be something amazing in the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X