Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alfred View Post
    Oh my god! I was hoping you would use the track on the elevator platform.

But I was wondering if you could use this track:

For the areas you used the retail track you used at the east corridor. Think that fits somewhat more. Also, it's a scrapped tune from the RE2 trial edition. You can find it on the disc there.
    I remember playing through the trial and wondering why this wasn't used. It gives that feeling of loneliness and horror, I love that soundtrack. I think the Team should use that in certain areas within the RPD.

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
      Styles are too different. Maybe if we improve 1.5 textures. Some tracks work well in 1.5.
      1.5's zombies look like they have a lot of unnecessary noise on the textures. It kinda detracts from the quality of the models.
      It would be interesting but as you said, they'd stand out like a sore thumb. I imagine upgrading all textures of 1.5 models would be too much work just to implement those models for variety, but it's up to your team how you tackle that.

On the music, I agree there are a lot of series songs that'd go well with the project; what was that other non-RE track that was used in a previous trailer? I can't remember clearly but that sounded to fit perfectly.
      Last edited by Gradon; 03-30-2013, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Akimbo View Post
        I remember playing through the trial and wondering why this wasn't used. It gives that feeling of loneliness and horror, I love that soundtrack. I think the Team should use that in certain areas within the RPD.
        AGREED! I remember that song playing in the RE2 Demo after I had beaten retail hundreds of times and was wondering why a song this terrifying didn't make it into the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Akimbo View Post
          Well, i do believe this song is so much deep for that RPD Office corridor. it would fit better on the sewer, factory, cells, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
            Well, i do believe this song is so much deep for that RPD Office corridor. it would fit better on the sewer, factory, cells, etc.
            I'd be fine with it as long as it makes it in

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
              I don't think it would fit well in the sewers, considering that the giant crocodiles and spiders would be around, they would need something more tense and quicker. It could work in the factory, but I think it would work really well in the RPD. The thought of the RPD being filled with so many officers and civilians one minute, now infested with zombies and other things. That's what the track reminds me of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred View Post
                But I was wondering if you could use this track:
                THIS! So much this! I remember playing the RE2 Trial Edition years ago thinking "This must be a scrapped song from RE 1.5!" Hm, and maybe it was! It could have been a tune in the 80% build. It never made it to the final RE2 for sure though!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                  On the music, I agree there are a lot of series songs that'd go well with the project; what was that other non-RE track that was used in a previous trailer? I can't remember clearly but that sounded to fit perfectly.
                  That was the save room theme from Dino Crisis 1&2, if I'm thinking of the same video that you are. I agree, it does seem like it fits in 1.5 (I never would have thought it'd fit in an RE game, but 1.5 has a very distinct atmosphere in its soundtrack that the other games don't have), but it would only fit as a save room theme, and we already have 1.5's actual save room theme.

As for the West Corridor track from the RE2 trial, I always thought that was a track from 1.5. It didn't appear in retail, and it's mood was very different from any of the tracks in retail (except for the confirmed 1.5 tracks, like the marshalling yard, with which it shares a few instruments and chords) and would have clashed with retail's music in the RPD, which makes me think it's a track from 1.5's 80% build.

Also...

@DBirkin: Sorry for all the questions, but I have a quick one about your custom rooms. A few months ago, someone released a video of the 80% build that shows the lit version of the B1 corridor is covered in blood (probably from the dogs escaping and tearing the zombies apart) -- do you plan on updating your lit version of this corridor to reflect the official version shown in the video?
                  Obligatory signature ad for things I've made:

You can find out more at my website or Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaia Revane View Post
                    @DBirkin: Sorry for all the questions, but I have a quick one about your custom rooms. A few months ago, someone released a video of the 80% build that shows the lit version of the B1 corridor is covered in blood (probably from the dogs escaping and tearing the zombies apart) -- do you plan on updating your lit version of this corridor to reflect the official version shown in the video?
                    I was wondering about that as well. Will the hall be updated to reflect the new new video?
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• @D.Birkin - I know it's probably a bit too early to tell, but do you mind giving a rough estimate on when your "Trial Edition" demo might be released? Quarter 2 or 3 of this year, perhaps?
                      Also, does the coding in the 40% build provide any indication as to how the acid and flame grenades are supposed to damage enemies? We know that the regular grenades blow them up, but how about the other two types? Do you plan on adjusting their blast radius and allowing for multiple enemies to get hit by it simultaneously?
                      Last edited by biohazard_star; 03-31-2013, 12:21 AM.
                      Seibu teh geimu?
                      ---

Comment

• DBirkin: I noticed that the Brain Sucker h the year the same animations of the spider-man of the resident evil 1.5 , but a little different.
                        This video is re-uploaded, because this scene which Regina ryona by Brain Sucker more closely than before.The old one has been deleted.Enjoy new one!! XDJill...

Comment

• I think there was supposed to be an FMV for when you first fight the baboons/gorilla's as leon, it would make sense with the way it just appears then warps, Maybe it would be like meeting the licker for the first time in RE2

I'm not really THAT bothered about FMV's, I think it will be pretty hard to get the style down right (and to also make it look like it was made in 1996/97)

And im all up for using music out of the other RE games aslong as they don't use this :

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

hahaha, in all seriousness though do any other RE games have unused music tracks?
                          Last edited by Don Piano; 03-31-2013, 03:36 AM.

Comment

With the precinct we have good progress. We only need four more rooms to have no more magic jump doors.
                            Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
                            RPD misses four rooms from 2F then we can start real event populating.
                            2F Corridor, Medical Room, Media Room, and Radio Room?
                            Last edited by Enigmatism415; 03-31-2013, 05:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaia Revane View Post
                              It is already updated. Design follows changes appearing in that video.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                              @D.Birkin - I know it's probably a bit too early to tell, but do you mind giving a rough estimate on when your "Trial Edition" demo might be released? Quarter 2 or 3 of this year, perhaps?
                              We will announce it soon. Maybe with a new video?

Also, does the coding in the 40% build provide any indication as to how the acid and flame grenades are supposed to damage enemies? We know that the regular grenades blow them up, but how about the other two types? Do you plan on adjusting their blast radius and allowing for multiple enemies to get hit by it simultaneously?
                              I have not investigated how the engine uses them. They appear to have the same attack pattern like other grenades but with differences. We plan to increase attack range and explosion conditions for flame and acid grenades. Explosive will detonate after set amount of time and the others will trigger on contact. This could make them more useful than setting traps like explosive.

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                              2F Corridor, Medical Room, Media Room, and Radio Room?
                              Yes.
                              “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

It is already updated. Design follows changes appearing in that video.

We will announce it soon. Maybe with a new video?

I have not investigated how the engine uses them. They appear to have the same attack pattern like other grenades but with differences. We plan to increase attack range and explosion conditions for flame and acid grenades. Explosive will detonate after set amount of time and the others will trigger on contact. This could make them more useful than setting traps like explosive.

Yes.

ohhhh cool a new video update ! well when ever it happens im sure it will be fantastic I love seeing how the team makes progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X