• Biohazard 1995
    replied
    Damnation 2010 VS 2012

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    Originally posted by ValentineLover View Post
    Please please please please let "Ada" be M. Suzuki

Do we know the year the movie is set? I wonder if it's actually Ada and not Carla (considering she's propably Marwaha Desire bitch given the cube communicator thing)

Btw Do we know when is MD set News Bot?
    M. Suzuki is a TRICELL spy and disappears after BH5. Ada doesn't work for them.

Both Damnation and MD are set between BH5 and BH6. We don't have any exact dates yet.

Leave a comment:

• ValentineLover
    replied
    Please please please please let "Ada" be M. Suzuki

Do we know the year the movie is set? I wonder if it's actually Ada and not Carla (considering she's propably Marwaha Desire bitch given the cube communicator thing)

Btw Do we know when is MD set News Bot?
    Last edited by ValentineLover; 07-14-2012, 12:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ElusionM
    replied
    Originally posted by BeefWellington View Post
    Can this not turn into a debate about which military training is more fucking difficult? Seriously, stay on topic
    You can join if you want.

Leave a comment:

• BeefWellington
    replied
    Can this not turn into a debate about which military training is more fucking difficult? Seriously, stay on topic

Leave a comment:

• ElusionM
    replied
    Military training is SICK. It literally will make you sick as well. Ask any Marine, or someone who knows about them, and they'll tell you "If you think Marine training is easy, you really need to check yourself out". Compared to marine or military training of any sort, government training is light and progressive. You have more freedom and free will and aren't treated like an animal (look at how Leon looks in RE4, clean, fresh, soft guy, because he wasn't treated harshly). Now look at those who go for military and marine training; they come back very different. Extremely tough, physically and mentally, their attitude becomes rougher, they just become like a brick who is hard to break overall. They might stay friendly etc, but they aren't exactly the same person.

Watch this: Nine parts, great documentary on Green Berets training, shows a lot of intense training, puking, bleeding, giving up, breaking bones, all in just training:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Leon has become very good, yes, but he really just isn't on Marine standards. The training methods are far too different. Leon ended up being acrobatic, but still soft. Marines become muscular, acrobatic, rock hard, and rough. And these words are criminally doing injustice to the actual deal. On top of that, Billy was an ex-Lieutenant ALREADY while Leon was a rookie cop first day on the job (which he never gets to, thanks a lot Umbrella), so already Billy had amazing advantages over Leon, time and skill wise.

As for the size, I brought in Chris because you said Billy can't be as agile as Leon because he is muscular. Chris is extremely muscular, yet faster and more agile than Sheva as easily seen in RE5 a number of times. And Sheva is the one who is supposed to be acrobatic and a gymnast. A lot of muscular people are extremely fast, which is scary.

And my fellow RE fan, smh, if government agent training is no where close to Marine training, how can gymnast training be anything close to Marine training? Similar? only in one sense, that they use weight. But then again, so do those wimpy lifters in the gym outside.

Not against Leon, just defending the Marines here ;) (I feel obligated to, for one because it's true, and two, I was going to become a Marine myself).

Leave a comment:

• AsteroidBlues
    replied
    Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
    But I want the world to know the beauty of the Marines compared to .... government agents

That's nothing compared to what Marines do. Am I the only one with Marine knowledge/connections? I'm not even posting about any real marine training since I didn't think it's necessary.
    I've known Marines, and Army Green Berets. I understand all that is involved in their training, and yes it is amazing. I'm not saying otherwise. I'm also not saying that Government training ALONE has made Leon (at the least) equal to Billy. He has obviously taken it upon himself to train prodigiously ever since becoming an agent.

Also, size does not always mean success. Look at someone like Bruce Lee. He was short, only weighed 140 pounds, yet he could probably lift a normal man off the ground with one hand. There are a lot of similarities between his abilities and Leon's. You compare Leon to a gymnast, and in a sense this is true. Have you ever met a true gymnast? They are incredibly, unbelievably strong as they exercise in much the same way as Marines; I.e. bodyweight training.

Leave a comment:

• ElusionM
    replied
    Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
    That's it, Mister. PM system. NOW! xD
    But I want the world to know the beauty of the Marines compared to .... government agents!

Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
    Not that I care but: Leon can backflip through lasers. I think that says it all.

Anyway, the more I watch the trailer the more interested I am in the story.
    That's nothing compared to what Marines do. Am I the only one with Marine knowledge/connections? I'm not even posting about any real marine training since I didn't think it's necessary.

Leave a comment:

• DarkMemories
    replied
    Not that I care but: Leon can backflip through lasers. I think that says it all.

Anyway, the more I watch the trailer the more interested I am in the story. At the very least, it seems like a good lead-in to RE6 (much moreso than Degeneration was for RE5, anyway).
    Last edited by DarkMemories; 07-13-2012, 11:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AsteroidBlues
    replied
    Except it doesn't beat nor does it equate to. Leon's training is no way near on par to military training. Doing a few backflips doesn't make you equal to a Marine, stop kidding yourself man.

Chris is 2x bigger than Billy and 3x as big as Leon/Sheva, yet he is faster and more agile than Sheva, someone who is an acrobatic gymnast. And saying Billy hasn't done any training in the past 15 years is as bad as saying Leon was just partying for the past 15 years. No proof of the claims.

Marines training is far superior to a government agent's. Backflips? Lol. (not to mention Marines can do that easily themselves). And there is no argument about strength.
    You have no proof Billy has not been training since 1998. I can easily say I see no difference from RE4 Leon to RE6 (in fact, he actually seems clumsier in RE6, but we haven't seen anything yet so eh).

You feeling doesn't mean anything. The knife was slowly inching towards Leon's heart/neck, and in the nick of time Ada saved him with precise shooting. Leon was dead as far as we are concerned, had it not been for Ada. It's fully implied and shown.

Gameplay, out of story-driven QTEs does not count. I killed Krauser with knife, other times I killed him with the Magnum. There's no canon gameplay fight.

Doesn't matter, point is, Leon never killed Krauser.
    That's it, Mister. PM system. NOW! xD

Leave a comment:

• ElusionM
    replied
    1: Leon's Government training beats, or at the very least equals, Marine training. Case in point; Parkour session in Degeneration. That takes enormous strength, speed and agility. Speed/agility is something I believe Billy would be lacking.
    2: See point one.
    3: Still, that doesn't mean he's practicing his skills on a daily basis, as Leon has been doing since shortly after September 1998.
    4: If you are referring to the knife fight, there is no way to know that. Leon obviously was aided by the lady in red, but I feel that he could have defeated him.
    5: Technically, if you count possible during-gameplay events and the fact that developers gave Krauser a knife weakness, he beat Krauser with a knife/CQC/Weapon combo.
    6: Leon could only assume he was dead, as he didn't have much time to check what with the parasites, ticking time bombs, etc.

I don't doubt that Marine training is exemplary, I'm just saying that 10+ years after leaving the Marines, your skills will deteriorate over that much time without regular upkeep as Leon has been doing. Strength as well, if you haven't kept to that level of training.
    Except it doesn't beat nor does it equate to. Leon's training is no way near on par to military training. Doing a few backflips doesn't make you equal to a Marine, stop kidding yourself man.

Chris is 2x bigger than Billy and 3x as big as Leon/Sheva, yet he is faster and more agile than Sheva, someone who is an acrobatic gymnast. And saying Billy hasn't done any training in the past 15 years is as bad as saying Leon was just partying for the past 15 years. No proof of the claims.

Marines training is far superior to a government agent's. Backflips? Lol. (not to mention Marines can do that easily themselves). And there is no argument about strength.
    You have no proof Billy has not been training since 1998. I can easily say I see no difference from RE4 Leon to RE6 (in fact, he actually seems clumsier in RE6, but we haven't seen anything yet so eh).

You feeling doesn't mean anything. The knife was slowly inching towards Leon's heart/neck, and in the nick of time Ada saved him with precise shooting. Leon was dead as far as we are concerned, had it not been for Ada. It's fully implied and shown.

Gameplay, out of story-driven QTEs does not count. I killed Krauser with knife, other times I killed him with the Magnum. There's no canon gameplay fight.

Doesn't matter, point is, Leon never killed Krauser.

Ustanak, perhaps? :O Maybe that's how he lost his arm, Leon blew it off.
    In RE6, when Leon sees Ustanak he asks Jake "Friend of yours?" implying Leon never met Ustanak before.
    Last edited by ElusionM; 07-13-2012, 11:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AsteroidBlues
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
    You know, based on the fact that there seems to be one of those containment pods in the movie, it's a possibility we could see a Tyrant in the film.
    Ustanak, perhaps? :O Maybe that's how he lost his arm, Leon blew it off.
    Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 07-13-2012, 11:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DarkMemories
    replied
    You know, based on the fact that there seems to be one of those containment pods in the movie, it's a possibility we could see a Tyrant in the film.

Leave a comment:

• Kei_M
    replied
    Why is there a Billy vs Leon discussion going on =|?

Also, if Ark is the mystery mister would that mean Survivor flashbacks!? 8D Lottplz

Leave a comment:

• AsteroidBlues
    replied
    So many things wrong with this.

Marine training annihilates government agent training.
    Marines are highly trained in CQC, weapons, knives, and everything survival basically. They are also very powerful and strong when it comes to strength.
    Billy had to do no running, his name was cleared by Rebecca post-RE1. He can easily change his name and live a new, clean record life.
    Krauser was cake. However, had it not been for Ada, he would have easily killed Leon. Easily.
    Leon never beat Krauser with a knife.
    Leon never even killed Krauser, Ada did.

My friend joined the Marines. Skinny, skater guy. 3 years later he comes back looking like John Cena, doing backflips and other crazy shit. The marines training is sick, and is one of the best out there (I was to be a Marine myself, but things changed course in the 2nd year of University and I steered myself towards a different field).
    1: Leon's Government training beats, or at the very least equals, Marine training. Case in point; Parkour session in Degeneration. That takes enormous strength, speed and agility. Speed/agility is something I believe Billy would be lacking.
    2: See point one.
    3: Still, that doesn't mean he's practicing his skills on a daily basis, as Leon has been doing since shortly after September 1998.
    4: If you are referring to the knife fight, there is no way to know that. Leon obviously was aided by the lady in red, but I feel that he could have defeated him.
    5: Technically, if you count possible during-gameplay events and the fact that developers gave Krauser a knife weakness, he beat Krauser with a knife/CQC/Weapon combo.
    6: Leon could only assume he was dead, as he didn't have much time to check what with the parasites, ticking time bombs, etc.

I don't doubt that Marine training is exemplary, I'm just saying that 10+ years after leaving the Marines, your skills will deteriorate over that much time without regular upkeep as Leon has been doing. Strength as well, if you haven't kept to that level of training.
    Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 07-13-2012, 11:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X