Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asking for help... Importing Europe's sexy RE6 special edition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dracarys
    replied
    Originally posted by Rancid Cheese View Post
    Couldn't you order it online and get it posted to someone with a UK address, who could then post it on? I wouldn't have a problem doing that for a fellow RE fan.
    If someone did that they could mark it as a gift, avoiding import taxes, at least that is how it works when importing into the UK.
    Last edited by Dracarys; 08-16-2012, 09:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rancid Cheese
    replied
    Couldn't you order it online and get it posted to someone with a UK address, who could then post it on? I wouldn't have a problem doing that for a fellow RE fan.

Leave a comment:

• Rombie
    replied
    Usually at stores here people reneg on pre orders often so I will keep an eye out if anyone wants to be on a standby list. I can reserve and deposit on the hold, but you'd have to pay within 24 hours of me telling you it's on hold before I could pick it up. It is just too expensive for me to get without the whole thing paid for.
    Last edited by Rombie; 08-15-2012, 11:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GuardhouseMusic
    replied
    Capcom had better just announce something for the US. They'll get my friggin' money. The only thing in the Anthology edition I don't have is RE5 Gold and I don't care for an Umbrella umbrella (which will probably just go inside out the first opportunity).

Leave a comment:

• Beanovsky Durst
    replied
    Originally posted by Bertha View Post
    I can confirm that neither of the actual sites will ship internationally. Both of my orders have been cancelled due to the weight. Aside from ebay, I doubt you'll find them anywhere else. My best advice would be to ask someone trustworthy to place the order and ship it to you and pay for all of it.

And yes...the US LE's are utter shit. Most people already have the games, either hard copies or digital downloads. Even the Euro GameStop has a better deal than the North American versions.

different hoodie, bullet USB, and license plate
    Thanks, I guess getting the SE for me is a no-no... Apart from the retailers not shipping, I found out the tax rate that I should pay to mexican customs and it's frightening LOL. So it's Standard Edition for now... Thanks everyone for your input!

Leave a comment:

• Bertha
    replied
    I can confirm that neither of the actual sites will ship internationally. Both of my orders have been cancelled due to the weight. Aside from ebay, I doubt you'll find them anywhere else. My best advice would be to ask someone trustworthy to place the order and ship it to you and pay for all of it.

And yes...the US LE's are utter shit. Most people already have the games, either hard copies or digital downloads. Even the Euro GameStop has a better deal than the North American versions.

different hoodie, bullet USB, and license plate
    Last edited by Bertha; 08-15-2012, 08:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Beanovsky Durst
    replied
    Well in that I agree. The value for what you get is good... I'm still not fond of digital goods though. Anthologies/Archives are not bad deals.

Special Editions are always overpriced IMO... The more I think of it, getting the Steelbook only seems the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• Gradon
    replied
    I agree, the money is worth it when you put it into account what you get with the US special edition, the problem with our collection is the price is a abysmal for shit.

Leave a comment:

• Dracarys
    replied
    What the US gets is actually good value for money though, the CE is not.

Leave a comment:

• Beanovsky Durst
    replied
    Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
    For £130, you sure do get some crap in that collectors edition.

I'm only getting the steel book edition myself, and then that's only because it's a few quid more than the bog-standard.
    Still a better "crap" than this, LOL:

I'm thinking too of getting the steelbook edition... Seems less complicated and way less pricey than the Special Ed.

Leave a comment:

• Vixtro
    replied
    For £130, you sure do get some crap in that collectors edition.

I'm only getting the steel book edition myself, and then that's only because it's a few quid more than the bog-standard.
    Last edited by Vixtro; 08-15-2012, 04:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Beanovsky Durst
    replied
    Thanks for your replies!

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
    If you get the UK version of the CE then to use DLC with it you'll need make a UK account and buy all the DLC on that.

DLC is region locked to the same region the disc is published in, you need an account from the same region.

Once the DLC is installed however, you can play it using whatever PSN account you like, it is just where you buy it/download it from that matters.

edit: You may want to double check those websites and e-mail them asking, I remember a friend telling me they would not ship him (outside UK) something over a certain weight, 1 Kg I think it was. Best enquire the RE6 CE weight with them and if they will deliver.
    So DLC is region locked but can be bought and played, so that's one less thing to worry about. About shipping, I did read about the weight limit but I didn't think that the whole package could weight more than a kilo... Will send that email asking though, better safe than sorry. Thanks!

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
    I'm also curious about this. Even though i'm pre-ordering the regular copy of RE6, I'm also going to have to import the collector's edition as well for all the extra content. I laugh at the anthology bullshit, what a slap in the face to the fans who've been around forever. What's that? A receipt with codes is our "special edition"? We've already bought all your games asshole! Hopefully this crap doesn't happen again after they realize how much extra cash they missed out on.
    Agreed... I can't see the logic in that. At least they could give us the steelbook edition. Crazy Capcom...

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
    I could have gotten extras here and shipped them to people at cost but they have now sold out. Amazing seeing as they were going at NZD $350 a pop. Sorry.
    Thanks Rombie... Though I'm not surprised they're sold out. That SE is way sexy.

Leave a comment:

• Dracarys
    replied
    Originally posted by Aleff View Post
    SHOP.TO .
    Who do not stock it, since it is GAME/Station exclusive. If it breaks the weight limit going to need order one from somewhere not the UK.
    Last edited by Dracarys; 08-15-2012, 12:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Biokk
    replied
    Yeah it's about finding somewhere that will ship it. I live in Ireland, ordered from
    game.co.uk but they cancelled my order saying they wouldn't ship outside UK. Still searching...

Leave a comment:

• Aleff
    replied
    SHOP.TO . Just don't use your credit card, just a paypal account since there are various reports of stolen credit cards because of the poor security of their site. But go with paypal and you're good to go

Leave a comment:

Working...
X