No announcement yet.

[RELEASE] [PS1] Resident Evil Ultimate Directors' Cut Dual Shock [MOD]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Intro is broken when you pick Jill Right before the mansion from the outside appears. Some frames when Chris says: "Jill, run for that house!" are missing! It happens after the second scene when it shows grass while Alpha team are escaping the dog monsters, right after Chris said: "No! Don't Go!" It doesn't happen when you pick Chris. I'm telling the truth! Or it's just me? Anyway, Can you fix it in v1.03?

Comment

Look at the bottom of page 3 in this thread, there is a link to the patch to fix the missing part.

Comment

Originally posted by danstalker View Post
        Look at the bottom of page 3 in this thread, there is a link to the patch to fix the missing part.
        After 11 days, thank you. Never noticed it.

Comment

@RekseW

May I ask what utility you use to build your image after editing/replacing files ?

I'm looking at doing my own RE mods, and I can't find a program that works correctly after replacing .str videos. PSX-CDGen doesn't like me at all ;/

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by braders1986 View Post
            @RekseW

May I ask what utility you use to build your image after editing/replacing files ?

I'm looking at doing my own RE mods, and I can't find a program that works correctly after replacing .str videos. PSX-CDGen doesn't like me at all ;/

Thanks.
            PSX-CDGen is useless because it won't adjust the toc / lba table in the psx.exe to suit your newly created files,
            MarkGrass already put out few tools to rebuild re1/2.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
              PSX-CDGen is useless because it won't adjust the toc / lba table in the psx.exe to suit your newly created files,
              MarkGrass already put out few tools to rebuild re1/2.
              BioScript and/ or BioFat, yeah?

I don't understand how to use it. I did also read up on changing the toc/lba, but I struggled to wrap my head around that too.

All I want to do is is keep the uncut videos and original soundtrack of this Ultimate Directors Cut mod, but keep everything else vanilla. Something that represents exactly what Capcom was supposed to do with DC anyway ( If the back cover is anything to go by ).

....And possibly change the cast intro music to the superior rock-ish song, and not the 'I got a shotgun' one.
              Last edited by braders1986; 06-30-2017, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Build your ISO with your modified files then open it in IsoBuster and create a filelist.txt that'll give you the new toc / lba info to correct in the psx.exe

Filesize should by divided by 2048 unless it's CDDA or contains XA audio data in which case irc it's 2352 just cross the reference files until you get the correct values listed in the psx.exe

Values will need to converted to hex then changed from big to little endian, then it's just a case of finding the hex values in a hexeditor applying
                them to the psx.exe and reimporting back with cdmage, then'll you'll to fix the EDC/ECC with ECCRegen.

cdmage is the best tool for extracting xa audio / str movies from psx games no other tool does it correctly

Sorry to be so vague with details it's been a while, i'll try and find my notes for all the 1.5 patches I did alongside Dark Biohazard hacks.

Comment

Appreciated. Not going to lie though, I didn't understand 80% of what you just said

I want to do this though, so I will learn.

Comment

Originally posted by braders1986 View Post
                    Appreciated. Not going to lie though, I didn't understand 80% of what you just said

I want to do this though, so I will learn.
                    It's easy once you get the gist of it, granted it took me the best part of 10 years to figure out but that was mainly due to the scarce / contradictory information on the subject available.

A place to discuss, present, and develop tools, showcase work, or release tutorials pertaining to the modification of the Resident Evil games.
                    Last edited by Mikhail; 06-30-2017, 05:56 PM.

Comment

So it was the 5th anniversary of this patch recently. which in itself was honoring the 15th anniversary of RE. My how time flies. I noticed a link was down, but the other one lasted 5 years.

I reupped the files, and made some mirrors. I finally made a proper patch for 1.021(before you had to patch to 1.20 and then patch to 1.021). So you can apply the patch directly to the original RE:dcds.
                      Maybe these two patches could be hosted here?

Hope everyone is doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by RekseW View Post
                        So it was the 5th anniversary of this patch recently. which in itself was honoring the 15th anniversary of RE. My how time flies. I noticed a link was down, but the other one lasted 5 years.

I reupped the files, and made some mirrors. I finally made a proper patch for 1.021(before you had to patch to 1.20 and then patch to 1.021). So you can apply the patch directly to the original RE:dcds.

Just wanted to thank you for your work on this. Gemini has done some absolutely fantastic work on the Bio1 PC port, bringing it up to date and making it such a good way to play the game, but for anyone wanting a more "original" type experience, your patch plus an emulator like Mednafen is the way to go - especially considering the non-dual shock Director's Cut has issues on Mednafen (controller map screen appears unexpectedly on some camera transitions).

It's really great to have both!
                        Last edited by Xranger60; 08-31-2019, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RekseW View Post

Hi RekseW, I hope all is well. I know I'm way too late for this, but I've encountered a bug on Jill's path for Original Difficulty. It likely affects Beginner Difficulty, too, and seems to be the fault of Deranged Mode. Let me explain.

There's another room in the hallway leading to the storage room that contains the boss Yawn, who guards a Crest necessary to progress to the garden. One of these rooms has candles that must be lit with the Lighter in order to collect some items. (None of them are plot-relevant or even important.) If Jill gets poisoned while trying to collect the Crest from Yawn, there's a cutscene of her passing out; she's then transported to the medical room and treated with Serum. However, if this cutscene plays, attempting to return to the candle room will teleport Jill to the other side of the garden without needing to collect a single Crest.

(If you're playing as Jill, know you won't dodge Yawn, and want to avoid this bug, I recommend clearing the items out of the candle room first, then ignoring it for the rest of the game.)

I've played a little bit of Deranged Mode (Chris), and this bug stems from the fact that the candle room's door takes you to the garden on Deranged.

On a related note, a friend of mine has also reported an issue where Chris is supposed to say, "There are only three S.T.A.R.S. members left now: Captain Wesker, Jill, and myself. We don't know where Barry is." during the intro. In Ultimate Director's Cut, though, only the first part is spoken. ("There are only three S.T.A.R.S. members left now.") In place of the full line, the music glitches out a little.

Uncensored intro - https://youtu.be/_GyOYaDHquE?t=184
                          Japanese intro - https://youtu.be/PwYu-LOXAWQ?t=186 (Censored version, but just for reference since the song is different)
                          REUDC Intro - https://youtu.be/3Z32Lb62k30?t=407

However, I figured that this was actually intentional, since it makes no sense for Chris to say this if you start a new game as Jill. Still, it doesn't hurt to report it.

Thank you very much for all your hard work on this mod. I've enjoyed it immensely.
                          Last edited by TiredTeddybear; 09-08-2019, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X