Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I know you from somewhere? (Site tags)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I know you from somewhere? (Site tags)

Yo!

As I try to squeeze in time here and there to do some random tweaks and updates to things here and there on my spare time, I would like to just point out that we have a little thing here on THIA that people surely must've noticed, but probably not really put too much thought into!

You might have noticed how some users have things like these;

These mean they're staff members from other sites, representing their respective communities/sites/legacy (duh! Self-explanatory!)

Anyway, I'd like to point out that anyone who actually runs a Resident Evil or otherwise Survival Horror-themed website can have one of these on their profile (and also tell us who's part of their staff so we may add them, if desirable), so it appears every single time you make a post. All that's really required is that your site isn't just some no-name freehosting/110mb/ezboard thing, but actually a site that you have a proper domain for, have kept online for a while, and all that.

The design you roughly need to follow can be seen up above. I'm not sure if I'll ever make them clickable, not because I don't want your precious sites to get clicks/views, but mostly because I fear the anger and frustration of accidental clicks + the feeling of them being "ads", rather than just a signature-ish thing.

You can PM me your logo-design if you want this. Just make sure it's in PNG and follows roughly the same type of design as seen in the samples up above (and don't forget the transparency!). Additionally, you may ask for help/info or just post/ask about relevant stuff her.

I'm gonna try to see if I can fix the sorting thing sometime, since some of the posting ranks (+ranks for having been a donor or done stuff like witnessing the boulder incident) incorrectly lists itself before the site staff indicator... creating a minor layout issue.

How do you get THIA one?

Comment

The THIA one is basically used by the main THIA staff.

Had anything in mind? Like us adding one for regular/senior forum members or something like that?

Comment

I guess it would be cool if there were some way to recognize senior members...other than the silly little images under the avatar signifying post count. Like, I don't know, a ribbon system or something? That's lame, I know, but I bet we could come up with something.

Comment

Isn't that what custom tags are for?
          sigpic

Comment

Are we still gonna do the mod staff logo? I know that Dot50Cal was looking into that and into putting us on the staff page before he went on hiatus. I quite liked the idea of an R.P.D logo.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
              Isn't that what custom tags are for?
              NO! CUSTOM TAGS JUST ARNT ENOUGH!

Comment

My personal opinion is that if we start making tags for non-staff, it could become troublesome. For a start, there'll be the issue of who is classed as a "senior forum member" and who isn't, and anyone who hasn't been put into that category would probably be offended. I think it's better to leave site tags to site staff only, but that should include all staff (including forum staff), and we should follow on with the ideas we touched upon before Dot50Cal went away.

There's also the fact that if we start giving tags out to forum posters, then eventually most people here will have one and the idea of the special "site staff" tags having meaning behind it (that you're a contributor to a site in the RE community) sort of vanishes.

The idea of being a respected member on the site is shown with the custom tags and it's more or less easy to see if you're a "senior member" based on your join date and post count, and also quality of posts.
                Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 05-24-2010, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                  My personal opinion is that if we start making tags for non-staff, it could become troublesome.

SNIP.
                  Pretty much this. Besides...there's also the B4 Lab where senior/trusted/whatever members are allowed to post. If you wanted to do something for other members that have been here a while, why not give them the ability to change their own title? That way when someone decides their flavor of the month needs to change they dont have to PM the admins about it.
                  sigpic
                  Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                    Pretty much this. Besides...there's also the B4 Lab where senior/trusted/whatever members are allowed to post. If you wanted to do something for other members that have been here a while, why not give them the ability to change their own title? That way when someone decides their flavor of the month needs to change they dont have to PM the admins about it.
                    I like this. I'd prefer not to bug Carn about changing my custom title every so often.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                      there's also the B4 Lab where senior/trusted/whatever members are allowed to post.
                      Really? A secret sub forum? Cool name by the way.
                      sigpic

Comment

I haz awesome tag yayz

Comment

I think the idea of "senior" forum users being able to edit their own custom tag is a better idea than making staff badges for regular users. As I said before, that's opening a can of worms. And yeah, there is a secret sub forum but it's very rarely used. It was created during the huge influx of Jill discussion pre-RE5 for people who wanted to discuss non-Jill related stuff and it boomed for a bit, then it died out and it's not uncommon to go for months with not one new post in it. Not really much point for it anymore to be honest.

Comment

Agreed with the above posters...being able to edit custom tags would be nice, instead of having to bother Carn or Dot. Is there a way to limit the ability to do so to certain members instead of giving it to everybody?

Comment

Yeah I'm with CR29. It be better if only senior members get the make your own custom title option. Or else it'd be a rainbow fest with everyone having custom titles.

Just sayin'.

Comment

Working...
                              X