Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mariokart64n
    replied
    hey i'm totally new here, and i can't get any info, the admin dot50cal has directed me to this feature forum, which has been down for almost 2days now. and it be a lot easier if i could get a straight anwser from somebody. just quickly explained to me why everybodies soo stuck up, and wheres all this about the RE4 demo. cause after harassing him 3 times and getting banned on AIM, i'm still waiting for anwsers.

>i know something amazing has happned here, but i don't know what, how, or why you stopped. nor why all the info is gone.

umm so yeah why is everyone ignoring this kind of insightly fact, any buddy notice the insane number of guests visting, your little RE4 video really caught some attention, i don't understand what all this shutting out is for.

anyway (click sneaky face....)

the re4 demo's debug has been common for years now, starting with just editing a txt file would result in an actiavation of DBG.
    plz can somebody PM, i'm very interested in this gamecube stuff.

Leave a comment:

• mariokart64n
    replied
    Hello new here, caught a glimsp of your re4 proof-of-concept. I see the video outlining your success with the RE4 trial debug menu, and wanted to know a bit more on it.

I, myself had done some poking around, and wasted a few dvd testing theories. i know that the DOL for the trial version contains a TOC of files not in the actually TOC nor the on the disc itself. and I find that these files are some what simular to thoses of Biohazard4's and could very possibly be combined with RE4 trials files to prevent RE4 trial from locking from bad debug functions.
    But of course i had no success in rebuilding the image as i just did not have anymore knowledge past the GC-Linux tools and the GC-Tool by paradox. I must also say mark has done a great deal of hacking to pick apart all the RE's for GC.

Now i come here in hopes to find out some truth and status on your debugging discoveries. though i hear you may have had a run in with capcom (eu) i still can't help wonder what I did wrong, 1 year ago.

There were elements i've seen and done myself, but there was also some other stuff I have never seen before. for instance, the cameo mod, seems you been playing with the rendering engine?

anyway can i get the scoop on how you may put it "unlocked the secerts of the debug menu"? and how to replicate this myself and properly fix the debug menu as you've mentioned.

-mariokart64n
    chow*

Leave a comment:

• Project Omega
    replied
    The blue herb and serum bottle make it seem as if the various snakes, spiders, and/or Novistadors had some kind of poison they could secrete in order to infect you.

Nice to see some image place holders from RER thrown in... I recall a few RER images (developmental ones) that got used in prior builds of RE4, so that doesn't really surprise me much. Capcom likes to reuse old ideas since its cheaper to use old ideas then to come up with new ones ;;

Leave a comment:

• Dot50Cal
    replied
    Added page 18 just now. Thank god im done with those item's, ripping the avatars takes so much time D:

You can check it out here http://www.thehorrorisalive.com/inde...=re4demos&p=18

Next couple pages should get very interesting, as video's will be required for almost all discoveries from now on

Leave a comment:

• Dot50Cal
    replied
    Added the Optical Video, and added some new info on the pages thanks to rseinke. Will hopefully find time to add more about the other two debug menu's today but dont count on it. Im off to see Silent Hill today.

Leave a comment:

• MeganGrass
    replied
    I'm guessing that the menu is the same or similar but has to be activated in a different fashon for everything to function properly.
    You got it.

My guess would be that the AR cheat only activates part of the debug menu(s), but not in their entirety, plus not to mention not all debug menus can be used with the AR cheat.

Leave a comment:

• rsteinke
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkGrass
    Those AR codes will get the job done, but not completely;)

"I believe things are, a bit more complicated."
    I gathered. I'm guessing that the menu is the same or similar but has to be activated in a different fashon for everything to function properly.

Leave a comment:

• MeganGrass
    replied
    Just out of curiosity, is this the same debug menu you can get with the Pro Action Replay codes? http://us.codejunkies.com/codes_show...&g=7340839&p=7
    Those AR codes will get the job done, but not completely;)

"I believe things are, a bit more complicated."
    Last edited by MeganGrass; 04-22-2006, 10:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rsteinke
    replied
    Originally posted by Dot50Cal
    rsteinke, thanks for that Ill update the article and credit you. While I was capturing footage for the next updates I decided that since its gonna be a while, I made a small video you guys can check out at youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFW0Qpxa88c
    Bear in mind I'm just best guessing. It seems right for what I'm seeing there, even if it's just for the programmers to double check things initally. I could probably make a more educated guess if I could see how the pages change as the game is playing. My advice is to watch the pages for changes while playing.

Just out of curiosity, is this the same debug menu you can get with the Pro Action Replay codes? http://us.codejunkies.com/codes_show...&g=7340839&p=7
    Last edited by rsteinke; 04-21-2006, 08:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dot50Cal
    replied
    Speed X9

Leave a comment:

• Nikovich
    replied
    Hah, that's ridiculous. What the hell is up with the rapid fire animations?

Leave a comment:

• Dot50Cal
    replied
    rsteinke, thanks for that Ill update the article and credit you. While I was capturing footage for the next updates I decided that since its gonna be a while, I made a small video you guys can check out at youtube.

Just messing around, thought it would be funny to make a video of some of it.http://www.thehorrorisalive.com

Leave a comment:

• rsteinke
    replied
    Dot:

Just read the article about hacking the trial version of RE4, I found the 'page' menus interesting and I think I can shed some light on what a couple of the 'unknown' pages are off the main menu.

Page 6 appears to be RAM information of some kind.
    Page 9 looks like it's the same dimension as the atache case Leon carries his gear in. It might be a graphical representation of the RAM set aside for the items in the case.
    Page 10 appears to be pointer tables for various areas in ram set aside to store weapon, character and map data.
    The OS Reserve section of RAM sounds like it's the actual gamecube 'OS' that sits in ram, I have no idea what Zero Buffer could be,
    Core is probably the main part of the game engine,
    Player is the data about the current player or players (Leon, Leon+Ashley, Ada, etc.),
    Wep is probably weapon data (ammo, equiped extensions),
    Door is probably a list of doors in the room and what room they connect to, Room and Room Free most likely stores the state of the current room (What's picked up, what doors are still locked, enemies present, if events are triggered)
    Stream is probably an audio buffer or the stream buffer for a disc cache.
    Sub screen is more than likely the state of your sub screen.
    The programmers would probably put this in so they can quickly check to see if the game initalised and set up it's RAM space correctly.
    You can see at the bottom that the information about how much RAM is allocated versus how much is free and where the last block free is. Most games have their own low level access to the RAM so it's important for RE to know where it can and cant set aside additional RAM so it won't overwrite it's own code and crash itself.
    Page 21. Boy that's a connundrum. But I'm guessing it's an item list of some sort.

Leave a comment:

• Saint_Eve
    replied
    This is awsome stuff Dot, Im loving the work you and Mark do.

Thanks for the link Nemisis.

Leave a comment:

• Dot50Cal
    replied
    Optical Camo stuff is postponed. Something has come up that required my immediate attention. Download system needs reworking NOW so everything else is on hold. On a lighter note, Soon you'll be able to download all our videos. Hopefully we wont bring the server down this time

Leave a comment:

Working...
X