No announcement yet.

The Coroner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, amazing job albert. You are easily one of the most useful members to the community. I am looking foward to seeing some beta stuff .

Comment

• This is simply brilliant! Excellent work!
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Fantastic work I wish my PC was capable of playing it even more now . . . maybe I'll get a raise :roll:

As a side note regarding RE4PC does anyone know the creator of these mod/mods?

Thanks in advance. 8)
        sigpic

Comment

• I wouldnt mind that Jill skin one..

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime Blue
            albert, have you got an indepth documentation on the patch somewhere? As to what textures were actually replaced with GameCube ones and which were completely redone?
            No... Sincerelly, I've been working with the textures so many time that it's impossible for me to be sure of what textures have been imported from gamecube, improved with photoshop or created from internet textures.

Comment

• because they where low-res and looked blurry in the PC version. Of course i took the gamecube textures. In fact, i don't know how to rip PS2 textures (¿?) but some textures where low-res even in the gamecube. these are the textures i remade with photoshop using textures from the game and textures from internet. Examples:

original texture from gamecube and PC versions (in this case, both versions have the same low and crappy resolution):

"patch texture" from another stage:

using the "patch texture" and some other textures from internet:

tadaa!! new hi-res texture for the PC version

(this is the texture for some containers that appears in the battle against "U-3")

or simply i created new textures from scratch when there were no useful hi-res textures helping me to create a new texture. That's why i said each texture has a story behind...
              Last edited by albert; 07-10-2007, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by albert View Post
                It was an oddysey to get the textures from gamecube isos. I played almost the whole disc 1 at 1-3 fps with dolphin in order to rip the textures. In some cases the emulator crashed. So I had no choice but to learn how to dump memory card savegames from gamecube to PC...
                Life seemed beautiful when i succeeded in this but then i discovered that disc 2 is not playable with dolphin. Fortunatelly the USA version of the game has the mercenaries and the ada the spy minigames in disc 1, too. And i discovered that replacing room files from disc 2 to disc 1 is possible with the GC-Tool. but only if the replaced file is bigger than the new file. Fortunatelly again, the first stage of the mercenaries is the biggest room file in the whole game. So, i replace every room file from disc 2 with that mercenaries stage and i was able to rip every texture from the game.

Easy, ain't it?
                I just can imagine how painful that was. I did something like that for some manual audio extractions and other file formats, so cheers, man!
                I also tried to use Dolphin to dump textures off some GC games, but with no luck.
                Can you post your efforts on converting game saves? That would be cool addition. Thanks for your nice hard work, real community support!

some beta room textures were in the game, too. I'll post them here, as soon as possible
                Can't wait to see ;)

Comment

• nothing major with the beta textures. the only thing interesting is a kind of beta saddler and a member of the capcom staff (i guess) that is with the textures of the room where leon attacks ada. and some unused textures.

----------------------------

You have to play RE4 with dolphin and save the game in the first typewriter. Now you have created a memorycard file with a re4 system file and a re4savegame. Then, the only thing i did to convert the memory card savegames dumped from GC is replacing the savegame of the dolphin memorycard with the dumped savegame from gamecube (copy and paste) using an hexeditor
                  Last edited by albert; 07-12-2007, 03:26 AM.

Comment

• Good work Albert.

Comment

• Wow, so you got the memory card thing to work? Care to make a quick guide? I had tried before but wasn't successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by albert View Post
                        nothing major with the beta textures. the only thing interesting is a kind of beta saddler and a member of the capcom staff (i guess) that is with the textures of the room where leon attacks ada. and some unused textures.
                        Alright, thanks anyway.
                        You have to play RE4 with dolphin and save the game in the first typewriter. Now you have created a memorycard file with a re4 system file and a re4savegame. Then, the only thing i did to convert the memory card savegames dumped from GC is replacing the savegame of the dolphin memorycard with the dumped savegame from gamecube (copy and paste) using an hexeditor
                        I'm sorry i must be misunderstood, i thought you were talking about converting gamesaves from the GC to PC version.

Comment

• He is talking about that

Smart though, I didnt think of replacing the individual saves. Can you list the offsets we need to cut out?

Comment

• Originally posted by dmkf View Post
                            Alright, thanks anyway.
                            did you see the link?

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                            He is talking about that

Smart though, I didnt think of replacing the individual saves. Can you list the offsets we need to cut out?
                            i'm talking about using dumped savegames from gamecube in dolphin, not in PC version of the game.

As soon as you have created the memorycard playing and saving the game with dolphin, open the memcard_a.raw in a hexeditor and search "resident". The first one is the system file, the second is the savegame (C000 byte).

Now select C000 to 1BFFF (If you have more than 1 re4 savegame in the memorycard you'll see where to stop because you'll find the next re4 savegame)

delete the bytes selected

Open the dumped savegame file and select from "resident" till the end of the file.

Copy it and paste it in C000 position of the mecard_a.raw.

Make sure you don't change the file number ("File 01" ... "File xx").
                            Last edited by albert; 07-12-2007, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rancid Cheese View Post
                              Fantastic work I wish my PC was capable of playing it even more now . . . maybe I'll get a raise :roll:

As a side note regarding RE4PC does anyone know the creator of these mod/mods?

Thanks in advance. 8)
                              Not men, no is mod, is a skin, do you know that it is a skin?

It are not anything of another world
                              Last edited by Dark_side; 07-12-2007, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• A skin conversion is still a modifcation which is long-smart-word for "mod." I'll assume english isn't your first language and give you a by though.

Comment

Working...
                                X