Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rancid Cheese
    replied
    I honestly don't know what to make of this. It just came so far out of left field, I can only assume Nintendo had an exclusive on it which prevented it from being released until now? The lack of a physical copy is quite a disappointment though and I can't say for definite that I'll buy it as a result.

I honestly hope it does really well and Capcom get their finger out and Remake 2&3 like we've been asking for since 2002 . . .

Leave a comment:

• Becky's Butt
    replied
    I foresee this doing moderately well so hopefully they will give me REZero HD.

Leave a comment:

• NemesisGenesis
    replied
    The main good part about this is that people w/o Nintendo systems could experience RE REmake! Sure hope this move creates new fans of classic RE.

I hope the analog control scheme eases more players into the game...I lent an N64 with RE2 N64 to my friend and he played the game using the analog controls....coming from someone who couldn't tolerate the tank controls...so from my experience, those controls can help new players of RE get into the groove.

This can actually work to promote how effective the tank controls work for these games...since the analog control scheme could gain a reputation for beng a noob control scheme and the true, hardcore way to play it is with the tank controls.

The techical aspects of the port are a bummer indeed...but I believe that graphics ain't everything. As long as the game is sharp/clear enough to be played on a HDTV properly (I tried to play RE0 with the Gamecube plugged into HDTV, everything was blurry and the backgrounds had a disorienting tint to them), the port will be playable to me.

Leave a comment:

• DeadArtist
    replied
    Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
    That would be an amazing option and I'd forgotten the Spencer mansion was once again the setting of a 3d game. Be great to see them reuse some of those resources, even for a mini game or "raid mode".

But its doubtful.
    Add Mercenaries or Raid Mode or something cool like that(3rd person) and it is out of the question if I purchase this day one or not.

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    Originally posted by DeadArtist View Post
    I'm wondering if there will be the option to play in the third person view like they did in lost in nightmares? That would be pretty cool, cause then they would appeal to many people at once .... but like I said before it is Capcom and I don't believe that they will put so much effort in this port. ..
    That would be an amazing option and I'd forgotten the Spencer mansion was once again the setting of a 3d game. Be great to see them reuse some of those resources, even for a mini game or "raid mode".

But its doubtful.

Leave a comment:

• DeadArtist
    replied
    I don't know what to think of this.

Here I am unpatiently waiting for any news regarding a new Resident Evil to come out and it is yet again, another port or another HD remake or whatever you want to call this. What were the last releases? Revelations, 4 Super HD? This feels really strange. First it's all tank controls and fixed camera angles wich will make me think hard about getting this and then there is the fact that Capcom doesn't even have faith in this project. It doesn't look good, I don't think they will offer any major improvements or additional content (because it's capcom) and it will only come out as a digital download. At the moment at least I don't think this looks like an effort.

Why can't they remake a game (re 1 or 2) from scratch and really put some heart and effort into it? so I'm like "Resident Evil Remake for Playstation 4? That's pretty retro!" But it's not really more then that, is it? If anyone would want to play this game , all they would have to do is get the Wii / Gamecube version and just do it. I played this for the gamecube and enjoyed it, but I'm not sold over this port at this point and I really realy don't understand why people are positively freaking out over this...

I'm wondering if there will be the option to play in the third person view like they did in lost in nightmares? That would be pretty cool, cause then they would appeal to many people at once .... but like I said before it is Capcom and I don't believe that they will put so much effort in this port. ..

Leave a comment:

• Branden_Lucero
    replied
    Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
    The only thing that bugs me is the widescreen HD. I saw some comparison shots (gamecube maxed up on Dolphin VD HD REmaster)
    Most of the backgrounds details are missing to obviously crop into widescreen, looks awful, especially the kitchen shot (the entire tops of the walls and ceiling are missing)

I think I'll be playing in 4:3 regardless..
    you either deal with 16:9 or you deal with 4:3. there's never a middle ground, unless they go the full IMAX route that captures it all.

Leave a comment:

• RaccoonSurvivor
    replied
    The only thing that bugs me is the widescreen HD. I saw some comparison shots (gamecube maxed up on Dolphin VD HD REmaster)
    Most of the backgrounds details are missing to obviously crop into widescreen, looks awful, especially the kitchen shot (the entire tops of the walls and ceiling are missing)

I think I'll be playing in 4:3 regardless..

Leave a comment:

• Davi Redfield
    replied
    I couldn't care less about the graphics. I'm buying the shit out of this, finally.

Leave a comment:

• B.Zork
    replied
    Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
    I thought RE0 did that for some screens?
    wow. you right. my mind always forget there were two of re0 too. so much to mix.

Leave a comment:

• djepic112
    replied
    Wow. This is amazing news. Remake is my favorite game of all time. It's too bad the backgrounds aren't being re-rendered at higher resolution. The upscaling from the original low-res has created weird artifacts. Capcom tried to minimize it with sharpening filters but it looks bad:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	RE_012_bmp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	616.5 KB
ID:	403725

Let's hope they add in extra bonuses like new costumes. I loved that the costumes would show up in the cutscenes. I really want a shirtless Chris (just like in the deleted bonus costumes extra you get when you been invisible enemy mode). This is a day one Steam purchase for me! I'm guessing it will be $19.99 like RE4. Big shame that it won't run in 60fps!
    Last edited by djepic112; 08-07-2014, 02:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mikhail
    replied
    That and the fact it's a 8:7 ratio the closest you can get is 10.4 : 9.1 which is 1.3x = 665.6x582.4 lower than 576p

Leave a comment:

• Weed
    replied
    Based on the assets they've released so far, I don't think that will be the case.

I don't think they'd risk mucking up this experiment. They are using this to gauge how much of RE's original fan base is still interested in the series. The fact that this was announced and several people (including me) are suddenly interested is a promising first step.

Before this announcement, I had pretty much written off the series completely.
    Last edited by Weed; 08-06-2014, 10:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Undead Sega
    replied
    Originally posted by Weed View Post
    There's no way you can upscale a 512x448 image to something higher than 1920x1080 and not see a noticeable degradation in quality. Capcom have cut corners on games in the past, but this would be a ridiculous corner to cut and would make the game not worth buying.
    This is what I'm saying!!!

What can we do to bring this point to the top? This is like seriously bad.

Despite from the screens shots, when people buy this and play it when things are in motion, they will clock that "something aint right here", which leads to the poorly upscaled, filtered backgrounds. This needs to stop!

*bloody is boiling*

Leave a comment:

• Weed
    replied
    Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
    I stand corrected even worse then, you can batch upscale images for free with imagemagick.
    It is incredibly unlikely that they are just batch-upscaling the backgrounds.

What's more probable is that they either:

a) have all the original content in full 3D and are just re-exporting all of the background images (kind of lazy), or
    b) don't have the full 3D content but have much higher resolution versions of the backgrounds to work with

There's no way you can upscale a 512x448 image to something higher than 1920x1080 and not see a noticeable degradation in quality. Capcom have cut corners on games in the past, but this would be a ridiculous corner to cut and would make the game not worth buying.

Remember, they did make the game... they have all the original assets.

Personally, this is the first time I've been excited for this series in about six years. One of the most breathtaking and atmospheric entries of the whole series is getting the port it definitely deserves. I certainly hope Capcom is putting the effort into it that they are claiming.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X