No announcement yet.

Paul Anderson Returns to the Director's Chair for Resident Evil: Afterlife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't get the movies. They're so full of logical loopholes (I noticed even the person doing the novel of Extinction didn't add the world's plants dying bit to the book, it was so damned dumb) and so chock full of T&A and silly action scenes that I can't take them even remotely seriously. They're awful as action movies. They're never gonna count as horror movies, ever. And as RE movies? Pffft. I still yell at Apocalypse.

Comment

I don't know. I would never say they were "good" movies by any means, but as mindless entertainment and an excuse to turn my brain off for two hours, at some base level I still enjoyed them.

Of course, I enjoy a lot of "bad" movies (most recently, I had a blast watching Mutant Chronicles, for example), so take it with a grain of salt.

Comment

I feel like even if I wasn't a huge fan of the Resident Evil games, I wouldn't enjoy the movies. The acting is bad, the dialogue is bad, the action is sub-par, and the storyline is downright idiotic.

The world has come to an end, pretty much everyone is dead since the earth was swallowed by a desert in that shit-tastic Extinction 'movie' so Alice is gonna travel to Japan with her clone army and kill people.

Comment

He's calling it a "reboot" of the series? Uh, what? I guess the only way he could think to get out of the million Alice's route was to pretend that didn't happen then.

Comment

Yeah, It was all a dream.
            If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

The thought of another movie makes me sick. If they didn't add characters form the RE universe I think I wouldn't mind but in doing so it just shows how lazy and shitty Anderson is.

Comment

This movie is gonna be in 3D. I think we all can appreciate Ms. Jovovich's gratuitous nudity now that its in FULL 3D!11!!one.

Anderson went on to explain the film would kick off an entirely new trilogy of Resident Evil films, saying he regards it "as a re-tooling and rebirth of the entire franchise."

If it's going to be a rebirth of the entire franchise, then that should mean that the previous movies are nulled (hopefully).

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                  I don't know. I would never say they were "good" movies by any means, but as mindless entertainment and an excuse to turn my brain off for two hours, at some base level I still enjoyed them.

Of course, I enjoy a lot of "bad" movies (most recently, I had a blast watching Mutant Chronicles, for example), so take it with a grain of salt.
                  Yeah, the few folks who do enjoy them always tell me that. Problem is I can never just shut my mind off. I'm always thinking about something, and in a movie that's the plot. I watch movies for a good story. Needless to say, although the acting is better, I find the actual game storylines to be better thought out than the movies.

And that alone is terrifying.

I must admit, I'm surprised this is going to be a reboot. Why? It's raking in cash hand over fist as it is. Then again, everything seems to be rebooting these days...I'm waiting for the series that's gonna be the same game every time for six games, only each one is a reboot.

Comment

Working...
                  X