Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles SDCC '09 Demo Footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
    From about 2:30 to about 4:30 in that first video there is no gameplay. You're just waiting for Claire and Steve to go to the next chance to shoot things.
    Yeah, that's what I was talking about. There's too many segments where players just watch characters talking, looking around or walking through empty rooms. I know it isn't fair to compare this to House of the Dead [the old ones, haven't played Overkill yet], especially since HotD is just a full blown arcade game with almost non-existed story, but in that game from the first second of chapter to the very end you constantly shoot things and therefore it is fun to repeat chapters.

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
    they went over the top with the tension.
    Yes. I especially don't like how Claire often speaks as if she's out of breath; you can hear it in the beginning of RE2 scenario shown in the mini-game at official DSC site. It's cool that they are going for the horror atmosphere this time, but sometimes it is obvious that they are trying too hard.
    Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 07-26-2009, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Everything looks good so far and like the atmosphere of the game, the shaky camera looks to be annoying and hope it doesn't ruin the game experience.

Comment

Working...
      X