RE1 Video Resolution Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE1 Video Resolution Question

Heres a question for you guys, What resolution would your prefer the Resident Evil 1 Cutscenes in? Your options are 320x240, or 568x426. I ask because RE1's naitive resolution is 320x240, but thats really tiny. I have them captured in 568x426, so I can go either way with this. Im just curious what you would prefer. Remember, this will be for videos only. Screenshots will be stored as 568x426, as looking at 320x240 images as a "screenshot" is kinda rediculous.

568x426
    70.59%
    320x240
    29.41%
    640X480 (chrism3784 only ;-)
    0.00%
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-18-2006, 01:23 AM.

568x426 is better in my opinion. I mean sure the other one could be said as being "better quality" but then the graphics aren't brilliant as it is. So I think the bigger resolution would be bettor. Yes bettor not better.

Comment

Higher Resolution in RE1's case. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis556
        Higher Resolution in RE1's case. =)
        but its not higher resolution, its just bigger.

I honestly think it would be kind of crappy to upload them in an altered form, especially when it makes the videos look more grainy. This is why WMP has a 200% viewing size option. If you want the videos to be bigger, why not just fullscreen them? a fullscreen 320x240 is the exact same quality as a 320x240 stretched to 568x426 at fullscreen.

Comment

My main reason for the poll is because the 568 affords better clarity of the surroundings. Im still wondering what to do..

Comment

What are you recording these from to get that quality. I thought RE1 was rendered as 640X480. the RE1 for PC is.

Comment

Were doing RE1 for the PSX. RE1 for the PC doesnt work with Windows XP and any high end machine really. Im trying to keep things as "real" as possible. No emulator bullshit with incorrect sound, etc.

Comment

Oh ok, makes sense, well, I still vote it should be 640X480. What! its not an option, hmm, I'll put it as an option. I'll take the vote I made before away. But only I can vote 640X480, everyone else, you have to vote either the other two. HEHE.
                Last edited by chrism3784; 08-18-2006, 02:07 PM. Reason: Being my crazy self

Comment

640x480 = 568x426 when the black bars are removed

Comment

Oh No!!! Looks like I already lost. Thank you everyone for your votes and kicking my @$$.

Comment

lolololol

Comment

Originally posted by chrism3784
                        Oh No!!! Looks like I already lost. Thank you everyone for your votes and kicking my @$$.
                        PWND.
                        Btw, there is no difference between 640x480 and the other resolution, so you practically kicked some ass too

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
                          PWND.
                          Btw, there is no difference between 640x480 and the other resolution, so you practically kicked some ass too
                          What do you mean there is no difference. 640x480 to 568x426

Ok lets think about it. 640X480 is 72 pixels wider and 54 pixels taller. That means there is 65232 more pixels.

Comment

Which means 65232 pixels of black bars, not actual game content ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Borman
                              Which means 65232 pixels of black bars, not actual game content ;)
                              Winner.

Comment

Working...
                              X