Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-J
    replied
    it would've made much more sense in RE3 where you can carry multiple FAS's in a single item slot, but surprisingly RE3 is a lot more easy going when it comes to rank, you can get away with using one or two FAS's.

Leave a comment:

• Helegad
    replied
    I find the FAS restrictions pretty stupid. FASes are rare anyway, and they're just the same as a red+green herb mix which are easy to make.

Leave a comment:

• TheSelfishGene
    replied
    I don't know about 1 herb for an S rank, but you aren't allowed to use any first aid sprays. Only herb mixes. First Aid sprays reduce your ranking. That said, I don't know if there IS an S rank in the US version. All I'm adding is that FAS's will reduce your rank.
    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 09-14-2008, 12:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• A-J
    replied
    yeah, thats me.

and yeah you can skip door sequences in the PC version.

Leave a comment:

• Dot50Cal
    replied
    You can skip door sequences in the PC version, right?

Offtopic: AJ, Are you on Neogaf? I keep seeing someone with that same avatar.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-13-2008, 07:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• A-J
    replied
    actually i've scored at 1:00 mark on the PC version of leon's B scenario myself. (with the cheats on).

Leave a comment:

• Sonicboy 101
    replied
    Originally posted by Helegad View Post
    Would it be possible to do a run under, say, 1:15:00?
    The best time I've seen as of yet if 1:19:50, but I'd say it's possible...

Leave a comment:

• Helegad
    replied
    Would it be possible to do a run under, say, 1:15:00?

Leave a comment:

• Dot50Cal
    replied
    Yeah, but when going strictly for time, a rank wouldn't matter ;)

Leave a comment:

• A-J
    replied
    I imagine you can get an ace time using the special weapons ;D
    if you use the unlocked special weapons, it automatically reduces your rank to B. The button input cheat codes shouldn't do that though.

Leave a comment:

• Dot50Cal
    replied
    I even looked in all the US RE2 manuals, they all say S rank is attainable. What the heck? Its gotta be bull. I guess you can test this pretty easy on the PC. Just warp to the last room and win No health or anything.

You gotta remember that you can skip cutscenes in the Gamecube versions. John and Chris tell me you can't in the Playstation 1 version. I messed up a whole lot in that run through too. I imagine you can get an ace time using the special weapons ;D
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-13-2008, 12:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Helegad
    replied
    Holy shit, nice time, Dot.

Leave a comment:

• A-J
    replied
    the S rank thing is utter bullshit ..

Leave a comment:

• Dot50Cal
    replied
    I noticed something odd. In the manual for RE2, it says you can get an S rank. But it doesn't list the requirements. Is this just a translation mistake, where they forgot to remove this part? On various cheat sites it says:

S Rank: Beat the game in 1:30. Use only One herb. don't use any weapon upgrades, no special weapons (like the R. Launcer) and don't pick a weapon up more than one time, like if you pick up the shot gun from the weapon owner, don't go and get it on the police station.
    Which sounds like bullshit to me. Anyway, Three more play-throughs now and I'll have Tofu. Hopefully on this next one I'll be able to get the Gatling gun. It requires that you don't save and beat the game in under 2 1/2 hours. Seems simple enough ;)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-13-2008, 11:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dot50Cal
    replied
    Haha, I love how you have a moment of clarity in the B scenario when you read the report on the P Epsilion gas and how it makes enemies stronger. Your heart just sinks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X