No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 8 - RE5 Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems to be any model as the disc is recognised as mixed media, played it on my brothers Xbox 360 Arcade *which recently went under refurbishment at microsoft* so I assume it works on any previous models and new ones too.

*Although now I know it works i'll be buying my own 360 this weekend as completely fed up of sharing a console*.

Comment

• im writing a hands on report for this demo and trust me...its brutal

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
        Lol, look at all these leeches joining the site just so they could play the demo. They'll never come back here after today.

You could at least be a little nicer, Kurokage.
        Well they won't stick around if they are met with that attitude. Knock it off.

Comment

• Most of us know about that already. It was shown at TGS as well(the Skorpion finding).

Comment

• I didn't know about that. Thank you, Olive.

Comment

• I made the cd, but am having a problem...
              When I get to the end of the beheading cutscene, I get disc unreadable : (
              Anyone else get this and know how to fix it? Im going to try shanity town next, then make a new cd or somthing. Is everyone else getting long loading times too?

Comment

• I'll be playing later if anyone wants to play...but I'll probably use my other account and delete the Japanese one since I have the demo on the disk rather than downloaded to the hard drive.
                sigpic
                Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Yeah, if anyone is playing this, please PM me with your gamertag and Ill update the OP. That way, we can usually always find someone to play with.

Comment

• Why am I getting the unsettling impression that people are dissatisfied?
                    See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                      Why am I getting the unsettling impression that people are dissatisfied?
                      Probably because a lot of people are.

I, however, am not one of them.

Comment

• I'm not dissatisfied...I just find the controls to be annoying and the AI isn't what they said it would be. When my brother played, Sheva got her ass handed to her on a plate. She worked fine for me though...I'll play again after I finish up some work and then see how it goes from there.
                        sigpic
                        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Everyone seems to have a different experience with Sheva. She has yet to be a problem for me, but a lot of people have said she's caused them a lot of Game Overs.

Comment

• From what I saw from my brother playing before I left for work: Sheva would take the ammo before he could, she'd then stand in place for a few moments not firing at the enemies, and would take a crap load of damage and then call for help. Also a few of the enemy AIs (the executioner and a few of the regulars) just stood in place with their backs to Chris and Sheva for about 30 seconds. My brother even made the comment of "What the hell are they doing?" and when he finally shot at them, they turned and attacked.
                            sigpic
                            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• The Good:

Gameplay is tried-and-true, tons of fun
                              Co-op is a blast
                              The graphics are nice
                              You HAVE to use the knife at times, you'll run out of ammo at least once during the demo alone
                              Flying Las Plagas
                              Watching the axe guy kill his own fellow Majini

The Bad:

Doesn't even attempt to be scary
                              Awful partner AI (better than in 0 and 4, though)
                              The hand gun feels really over-powered while the machine gun feels really under-powered

Demo Complaints:

Automatically chooses Type-D controls / Default aiming speed is way too slow (won't be a problem in the full game since that will support saving)
                              The video/audio problems I talked about earlier (I hope they're fixed in the full game)
                              Buttons are switched from the previous games in the series, I keep attempting to fire my gun by pressing A and to run by pressing X (due to the demo being for the Japanese version)
                              Practically no cutscenes/story

Overall I'd give the demo an 8/10. It would be an 8.5 if it didn't have those problems I mentioned in a previous post.
                              Last edited by Foggle; 12-05-2008, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• So yeah...just experience a nice double KO...Sheva was dying and couldn't help as I was getting attacked by the ax man. I was also experimenting with a different control set up. Going to try them all to see which one feels the best.
                                sigpic
                                Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Working...
                                X