No announcement yet.

RPD Dispatch 13 - Playing Silent Hill 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was the BBFC issue in the UK... they considered the "childlike" enemies with the knives, which specifically appeared the most during the school segment, to be in poor taste - especially given a couple of incidents involving children which took place in 1999 in the UK.

All PAL versions have the enemies changed, although the school based demo which came with Metal Gear Solid in the UK has them as they originally were.

US and Japanese version are untouched.

Comment

• When I played the things in the alley at the start and at the school were the same. So in the JP and US releases they are different to the PAL?

Do they resemble something like what's seen at that part of the film?
      sigpic

Comment

• I think this is what Darkmoon was referring to, the children looked significantly realistic in their early stages (the image is from www.translatedmemories.com):

Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 05-09-2009, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• Well look at that. I wasn't completely nuts. Go me!

Comment

• Full size from Translated Memories:

In the NA edition (and the Japanese version as well I'm sure, although the above page implies this was only a NA edition thing because the Japanese committee had issues too it seems) the "mumbler" (child #4 with the claws) appears still in the game, just in the second sewer area prior to the amusement park.

The PAL version (at least, and it seems the Japanese version) has them appear from the start in every instance where there is a the green enemy with the knife (Child #3).
            Last edited by Rombie; 05-09-2009, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Sorry guys, something went seriously wrong here yesterday. The power kept going out and as soon as it did, the internet never returned.

I just now got it back after ANOTHER power outage. My only guess is someone hit a telephone pole or something and it took nearly 24 hours to fix

Depending on when everyone can make it, I'm up for doing this next Saturday, if you guys are good then? If not, we can do it in 2 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                My only guess is someone hit a telephone pole
                HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
                See you in hell.

Comment

My only guess is someone hit a telephone pole or something and it took nearly 24 hours to fix
                  FAIL LOLZ

Comment

• That deserves to go in the Failure thread. XD

Comment

• I'll be able to record next Sunday (my time).
                      sigpic

Comment

My only guess is someone hit a telephone pole or something and it took nearly 24 hours to fix

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                          All PAL versions have the enemies changed, although the school based demo which came with Metal Gear Solid in the UK has them as they originally were.
                          I think I had that demo!
                          See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by A-J View Post
                            that is offically the best thing ive ever seen

Comment

• Sorry Dot, no luck for me this weekend... I am working until 5 or 6pm on Sunday, which is well after your record time there. I have the following Sunday afternoon here free, not sure about the weekend after that yet though.

Edit - Sorry, no luck there either. Checked my upcoming roster again. Working simular hours again that Sunday. Might have to miss this one unless it's the weekend inbetween. Shame, was looking forward to it, but no way to change shifts.
                              Last edited by Rombie; 05-13-2009, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                                that is offically the best thing ive ever seen
                                I agree. Totally absurd and cute.

Comment

Working...
                                X