Resident Evil 6 Pre-Captivate Rumors & News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 6 Pre-Captivate Rumors & News

Captivate embargo will be lifted VERY soon, but it seems we got another new viral site. Here are all the rumors and news that has been culminating behind the scene so far.

First of all, we got a picture of an email over at NoHopeLeft, from a certain Cousin S to his/her mother about his unstable uncle who's going to reveal the truth of Raccoon City in a speech at Ivy University in Tall Oak, which will reflect badly on the family.

Next, we got a new viral site, at RaptorNews, a news channel covering topics such as Health, Economy, Culture and Politics.

And then we have this ebay URL from this certain "firefish2012" who's trying to sell a blooded Ivy University hooded jersey (which is what Capcom gave away at Captivate)

I have no idea if this one is true or a hoax, but this certain "firefish2012" also has a tumblr site which shows off a mystery letter from Ms. Sheila Collins, an administrator at Ivy University, to Ms S. Birkin. The content of the letter suggested that S. Birkin's uncle is speaking at Ivy University on this coming Wednesday. You can find the link over here: http://firefish2012.tumblr.com/ (confirmed to be a hoax now)

Update: Capcom's DmC Captivate trailer has been leaked and Raptor News Network was shown in the trailer. It seems Raptor News Network web site might be a viral site for DmC and not for RE6.
    Last edited by xfactor; 04-10-2012, 07:33 PM.

but isn't Annette Birkin dead?
    She's as dead as Steve and Wesker are.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

Well if this is true I think its pretty much proof that the blonde girl will infact be Sherry. Also about the Annette rumour could this be possible? Did we actually see her die? She collapsed on the bridge which is the last we saw of her if my memorey is correct. Another ressurection? I'm not sure if I like this idea as much as it could help the RE story. Surley we would have heard something from her by now. She would be pissed on a revenge kick to screw over Umbrella for betraying her husband. If this is the case could she be the person who informed Chris/Jill and Wesker of Spencers whereabouts which is covered in LIN. It could link up alot of plot holes like the one I just mentioned but it feels abit cheap to me? Like this wasnt planned and they just thought hey we could get away with that. Im not sure but hell I wanna know more.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Did we actually see her die?
        See?

It has begun....
        sigpic

Comment

Annette was slaughtered by William, she bled out. She's dead.
          I can't think of any reason as to how she could have survived that or any reason why they'd NEED her back that badly. I feel like if that was the direction they wanted to take they would have included some hint at it in Darkside Chronicles.
          Last edited by Kei_M; 04-09-2012, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Wesker was impaled by a Tyrant (had a big hole in his guts and bled out too) and he came back... Just saying. Hope it's not the case. I don't want Resident Evil to reach DBZ levels.
            Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 04-09-2012, 09:04 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Mother looks like a codename so it doesn't really imply that Annette survived or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                See?

It has begun....
                Well I was asking just to confirm I didnt state that she is alive. My memorey is hazey at best. I have been meaning to replay RE2 for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                  Well I was asking just to confirm I didnt state that she is alive. My memorey is hazey at best. I have been meaning to replay RE2 for a while now.
                  That's all it takes. That's all it takes.

Having a hazy memory of the fact. About how her death actually went down (youtube is your friend, though).

Some hang on to the belief that swimming in Lava is nothing to worry about. It's perfectly normal. Taking some missiles directly to the face? It means nothing.

If that woman comes back... well, DBZ meets RE.
                  Last edited by Pikminister; 04-10-2012, 12:46 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

DBZ met RE in Umbrella chronicles though, didn't it?

Comment

By the time Jill became a super saiyan I was pretty certain it wouldn't be long before we started fighting BOWs in stylized violence. Then I found this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                        DBZ met RE in Umbrella chronicles though, didn't it?
                        My memory is a bit hazy in regards to that game...and I own the damn thing.

Anywhoo... who came back from the dead in that one?
                        sigpic

Comment

So much Capcom goodness coming your way at 8am PST. So. Much.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                            My memory is a bit hazy in regards to that game...and I own the damn thing.

Anywhoo... who came back from the dead in that one?
                            Not counting BOWs, just Wesker if I'm not wrong.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                              Not counting BOWs, just Wesker if I'm not wrong.
                              Oh yeah, old Wesker got impaled & still lived... and Lisa Trevor. She somehow survived that fall into a bottomless pit (as seen in REmake).

Then when Wesker faces the Ivan twins (where they jump & fly around), that fight was very DBZ-like.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X