Resident Evil 4th movie sort of confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 4th movie sort of confirmed

Based off of an interview conducted by the website io9.com with Paul W Anderson, he says that the army of Alice's seen at the end of the third movie will be returning for the fourth one.

io9: Are We Going To See An Army Of Alices?

Anderson: We're in very early discussions about all of it, so it's not a definite thing by any means. Mila would like to return, and I would certainly like to see the franchise continue. Last year there were, I think, eight 'threequels' got released. Rush Hour 3, Pirates 3, Spider-Man 3...but there was eight of them. Shrek 3. Six out of the eight, the third movie did worse business than the second movie. There were only two where the third movie did better than the second movie. That was Bourne Ultimatum and Resident Evil. So, you know, it is quite an achievement for a franchise to keep growing like that, and we all feel that the audience is excited to see another one clearly. We would like, if we could put it together, we would do it.
    Read the full interview here

I saw that one coming... they better give the live action movies a clousure with the fourth...
    Last edited by Ridley W. Hayes; 08-01-2008, 08:04 AM.

Comment

No, damn Anderson, he will never stop. Doomed, were all doomed!!! Seriously, is he have some sort of twisted pleasure by making shity re movies?!
      "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

Told you it would happen....They wouldn't end the series the way they did. It left it completely open for them to try and milk whatever dignity the films have left (did they have any at all?)
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

"There were only two where the third movie did better than the second movie. That was Bourne Ultimatum and Resident Evil."

Just a testament to how bad apocalypse was.
          Not that extinction was much better. IMO it was far worse.
          sigpic

Comment

I have prepared for just this moment. Each of you have been injected with a slow working poison. The cure? Anderson's head on a spike. Go forth and cure yourselves!

I still say Apocolypse was far and away the worst of the three, but Extinction also had plot holes you could drive a convoy through. At least it didn't have a main boss that ended up trying to save flowers and kittens.

Comment

Like the undead themselves, modern zombie movies keep coming and coming. Get ready for at least one more, Paul W.S. Anderson told MTV News.

Well, maybe.

“Resident Evil: Extinction,” the third video-game to big screen adaptation in the popular series will likely not be the last, Anderson said, although talks for a fourth film are still in the very earliest stages of development.

“I’m just starting to talk to Sony about it,” Anderson confessed. “I don’t even know if anything will come of it, but there’s a possibility it might happen.”

It would seem like a sure thing given the ending of “Extinction,” which saw Alice (Milla Jovovich) beside herself with rage — literally, thanks to hundreds of perfect clones - promising to travel to the Umbrella Corporation’s headquarters in Japan. But Anderson, who scripted the first three films, says a concrete story hasn’t yet been decided upon. In fact, it’s coming up with a plausible, kick-ass story that’s momentarily holding him up.

“I love the ‘Resident Evil’ franchise and we always try to make the best possible movie we can. If we could find a good ‘Resident Evil 4’ to make, then we would do it,” he said. “But I wouldn’t just do it for the sake of it, that’s for sure.”
              Yeah, sure, Paul.

Comment

Paul Anderson never knew what he was doing. WTF was the first Alien Vs. Predator? A Frekin' joke? Felt a bit like a RE1 Remake if you know what I mean.

Anyway about part 4: I actually wouldn't mind as much, if there would be a part 4.I like Mila a lot, she saved the movies allthough there is no Alice in the games. The end of part 3 was a bit unsatisfieng in my opinion, they could have done so much more and there might be a lot to tell. I just don't like the Extinction part of the story...

Offtopic: I just wanted to say that I love "the horror". I've been reading news here since quite a while an I visit your site quite often every day to see if there is anything new.

Comment

^ Welcome to the site, DeadArtist. We hope you enjoy your stay. :]

Comment

Stop Stop Stop, No No No.
                    The audience doesnt want it, just stop, extinction was worse than appocolypse so lord knows how it did better.

If they are going to go ahead with this ridiculous idea then please, we beg you, let it be the last

Comment

Godfuckingdamnit.
                      Last edited by MeganGrass; 08-01-2008, 07:08 AM.
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

we all feel that the audience is excited to see another one clearly.
                        WRONGWRONGWRONGWRONGWRONG

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                          ^ Welcome to the site, DeadArtist. We hope you enjoy your stay. :]
                          thank you.

@topic: like I said. Paul Anderson has no idea what the audience wants to see.

Comment

In fact, it’s coming up with a plausible, kick-ass story that’s momentarily holding him up.
                            ...why? Apocolypse and Extinction were in no way, shape or form plausible or ass kicking. And of course he'd make it for the sake of it. The sake of it is money. Why would he care if it's pure crap so long as they drive a big truck full of money up to his door.

Comment

Pirates 3, Spider-Man 3...but there was eight of them. Shrek 3. Six out of the eight, the third movie did worse business than the second movie.
                              Really? Didn't Pirates of the Mediterranean 3 and Spider-Man 3 set box office records? How did they do worse (financially) than the previous two films?

I find it funny that studios (and writers / directors) are willing to continually produce garbage like the RE live-action films. I know it's all about the almighty dollar (or whatever respective currency), but what about pride? Doesn't anyone want to make the best possible film? (Yes, I know P.S. Anderson and Uwe Boll are incapable...)

I never saw "Extinction" (and will never see it), but the idea that there are hundreds of "Alice" clones / robots / whatever...well, that in itself is a horrible premise. Didn't she develop telekinesis or some kind of mental powers to go along with her already unmatchable ninjitsu? (Note to self: see if Leon has telekinesis in "Degeneration.") How do you write a decent screenplay when your main character is invincible AND there are hundreds of her?

If they do make RE 4, I guarantee that Leon will be in it, since his transformation appeals to the type of audience (teen-aged boys) that flocks to see the RE live action films (and partial nudity from Milla J). Though wasn't Leon's death a plot point in "Apocalypse?" (Sorry, it's hard for me to remember as I was busy laughing at the horror of everything about that film.)

P.S. Off topic, but after seeing "The Dark Knight," I can't help but think that "Spider-Man 3" is even more of a festering turd. I mean, it is just a really, really bad film. I've loved Spider-Man since I was a wee lad, and I believe "SM 2" was a great film. But 3 was so bad that I shut it off after the dance scene (it took willpower - and the hope that it was gonna get better as the film progressed - to make it that far). Uwe Boll might as well have been the writer, director, and star of SM 3.
                              Last edited by Jill's Boob; 08-01-2008, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X