Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

22 RE5 Screens, Degeneration Premiere, Degeneration PSP Release, and More!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 RE5 Screens, Degeneration Premiere, Degeneration PSP Release, and More!

Capcom released a whole batch of screenshots today, showing off various locations and some of the menu's in the game. They also have a little PR blurb to go along with them:

Just when it seemed that the menace of Resident Evil had been destroyed, along comes a new terror to send shivers down player’s spines. Chris Redfield, returning Resident Evil hero, has followed the path of the evil literally around the globe. After joining a new organization, Chris heads to Africa where the latest bioterrorism threat is literally transforming the people and animals of the city into mindless, maddened creatures. He is joined by a new partner, Sheva Alomar, who lends her strength, intelligence and sharp-shooting skills to the mission. In order to survive, Chris and Sheva must work together to take on the challenges of discovering the truth behind this evil plot. Utilizing a revolutionary new co-op mode of gameplay, players will be able to assume control of either Chris or Sheva and experience Resident Evil in new ways. In Resident Evil 5, Capcom will have players fearing the daylight as much as they have feared shadow in previous games.

aris13 reports that the October 3rd edition of the 1UP Show will feature Resident Evil 5. We'll be reporting on what it contains and also give a brief sumary of any new information. You can check out what Kramez from the Capcom Unity Blog has to say.

Sunglasses reports in about Resident Evil Degeneration. The film will premiere at this years Tokyo Game Show on October 10th in Japan. Meanwhile, in North America, the film will debut first in New York City on November 13th at the "Horror Film Festival". West coast residents will get their look in Los Angeles on November 18th. Read more at the stock site Market Watch.

Iron writes in to tell us that Resident Evil Degeneration is also hitting PSP. The PSP version joins the already known DVD and Blu-ray releases. Theres a PR blurb at the Capcom Unity Blog site.

Finally, xfactor lets us know that Resident Evil 5 will be ditching the typewriter save system that the series has retained ever since it started. You can read more at 1UP.

xfactor also linked us to a new CVG article about Resident Evil 5, so be sure to check that out as well. Its fairly short, but the main points from the article are that the team is (or was) constantly fighting as to what 5 should be, and that they feel the loss of Mikami. Check out CVG.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 10-03-2008, 04:50 PM.

These graphics truly are amazing, they just keep getting better.

Comment

I guess I'll be waiting for the Blu Ray like most non-Japanese to see the movie. Sucks we have to wait until November while it makes its run through Japanese theaters though.
      Last edited by GalacticAE; 10-03-2008, 05:21 PM.

Comment

The graphics look good...but in some places things look a bit...off. Like one man in one of the screens...his hand looks more like a blob, and in another the guy has a wrench attached to his lower back...and it looks like its just floating there. The backgrounds really are stunning though.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Graphics look amazing. I'm a little disappointed that the typewriter system will be gone. Save rooms always had the best music, and the typewriter is symbolic of the series' rich past.

Comment

They shouldn't have deleted typewriter system... are the green herbs and first aid sprays returning aswell?. Those are symbolic things too...

Comment

No typewriter? What the muffin?

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
                are the green herbs and first aid sprays returning aswell?
                From what I know, the green spray they use are plantas mixed together.
                And yes, bad choise to take away the typewriters

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
                  They shouldn't have deleted typewriter system... are the green herbs and first aid sprays returning aswell?. Those are symbolic things too...
                  In one of the gameplay vids I think Sheva was using a first aid spray on Chris, and I think I saw some herbs.
                  http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=T3QsaRb0t5w
                  Last edited by CODE_umb87; 10-03-2008, 06:08 PM.

Comment

wow!!! great news!! i was waiting for this!!!
                    Every time i see a RE5 screenshot i get more excited!!!

About RE Degenaration, i'm really sad, cause i don't live in USA... althought my sister does... i'll ask her to see the movie for me!!!

Comment

The graphics are looking F***ING INSANE!!!
                      I was on my PS3 earlier and visited this site and looked at them on my HDTV. They look SO good it's hard to believe the're really in game screenshots... So damn sweet!

The 2nd shot seems to show Sheva beginning a roundhouse kick. Not really a surprise as we've already seen Chris doing his 'super punch'.

I've got to say though, is it just me or do those last 5 pics look a lower quality? I realize that they show a different area in the game but they don't look as good. The colors, lighting and skin tones all look radically different and a lot less realistic.
                      Could they be from the Wii version? Since DMC4 looked nearly identical on PS3 & 360 I doubt that could be the reason for the difference...
                      I guess they might be going for the 'sunset look', I'm not sure.

Comment

All the shots are from the PC though ;p I'm sure the console versions will look great, but once the PC version hits it'll blow them out of the water. The Framework engine looks fantastic on PC.

You can tell this because of the motion blur they use. On the consoles, they aren't powerful enough to showcase smooth blur. Instead, you get some small artifacts. While on PC, they look extremely smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                          All the shots are from the PC though ;p I'm sure the console versions will look great, but once the PC version hits it'll blow them out of the water. The Framework engine looks fantastic on PC.

You can tell this because of the motion blur they use. On the consoles, they aren't powerful enough to showcase smooth blur. Instead, you get some small artifacts. While on PC, they look extremely smooth.
                          Any mention of an (estimated) time frame between the RE5 console release and the RE5 PC release?

For that matter, how long was the interval between console & PC releases for RE4? Anyone know? (I'm being lazy...I'll probably just look it up.)

Comment

No idea on the PC thing. The times that they did mess up and admit it, it was quickly corrected.

RE4 was sometime after PS2? But thats a very different story. The engine used was never made with PC in mind. Framework MT engine games are built on PC first, then downgraded for consoles. I'd give a rough guess of 6 months, though. Standard affair it seems.

Comment

No typewriter = No Save Theme Music
                              Last edited by aris13; 10-04-2008, 04:27 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X