No announcement yet.

Marvel, my friends - Meet the Avengers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel, my friends - Meet the Avengers!

Wat.

Holy crap! Chris Evans is going to go through with it! According to THR, the actor has accepted the lead role in Marvel’s Captain America. The 28 year old who is known for his two appearances as Johnny Storm aka The Human Torch in The Fantastic Four movies, will now be known as Steve Rogers aka The First Avenger in Joe Johnston’s adaptation.

Not only will Evans headline his own movie, The First Avenger: Captain America, but he will also be the leader of the Avengers team, which will have him going toe to toe with Robert Downey Jr.’s Iron Man and possibly Edward Norton’s Hulk. Evans does have screen presence, and he can snark with the best of them, but is he really the guy who can take the Avengers to the next level?

The actor is already listed as Steve Rogers on the Captain America IMDB page, alongside Hugo Weaving as the film’s villain Red Skull. The movie is slated to begin production sometime this summer, and we’re still waiting to see who will play his female lead.

The First Avenger: Captain America is scheduled for release on July 22, 2011.

Welp...I guess if Deadpool and The Green Lantern can be the same person, this could work too?

Last edited by Vector; 03-23-2010, 04:38 PM.

Flame on. I don't know if he would be my first choice but he does have the phys-ice for it. Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull is just awesome.

Comment

FUCK YES <3

Chris Evans is a total hottie.

Comment

With Chris Evans in the lead we should expect a lot of comedy.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
          The actor is already listed as Steve Rogers on the Captain America IMDB page
          Well there we are then, it's obviously done and dusted! haha

Comment

Captain Awesome for Captain America!

Comment

Captain Awesome for Captain America!

Comment

^ Haha, too much CHUCK for me.

Although Evans would look (imo) great as Cap'n USA (he's fucking hot!), I still think his acting is a little spiffy.

Comment

I wonder if this is going to be a decent Captain America movie for once. ><
                  There were like, three I saw reviews of, all camp, no classic.

Comment

Also, keeping with the theme of The Avengers...

Spoiler:

EDIT: Wait a minute. Captain America is set to release May 6th, and everything I read online says THOR is due to release on the same day(http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=13501). That's obviously incorrect. They can't have two Marvel movies going against each other, right?
                    Last edited by Vector; 04-30-2010, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Nice costume design for Thor.
                      sigpic

Comment

Chris - Thor is first, due May 6th.

That posters date is probably older because Thor was thrown back in the production line with the whole Vaughn/Kick Ass thing. But it's definently the first of the two out, being slightly ahead in production and the end credits bonus scene reference in Iron Man 2.

Reportedly Captain America is due not long after in July.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                          Chris - Thor is first, due May 6th.

That posters date is probably older because Thor was thrown back in the production line with the whole Vaughn/Kick Ass thing. But it's definently the first of the two out, being slightly ahead in production Spoiler:

Reportedly Captain America is due not long after in July.
                          That's how you SHOULD have done it.

Comment

Who needed to spoiler that? If you read the thread, you knew the movie is on it's way. The scene at the end isn't telling you anything the movie's release schedule isn't.

Comment

Hugo Weaving confirmed as Red Scull

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X