This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 3 Censorship Revised

Sorry, I had an outburst that led my topic "Resident Evil 3 Censorship" locked down. But I'm better now. Here we can discuss the Revised topic of "Resident Evil 3 Censored"!

Here is the revised information regarding the censorship of Resident Evil 3 games according to region!

1. The German version has all blood gray, censored, and bodies of enemies disappear like in the old arcade games.

2. European versions like UK English, Italian, French, and Spanish, have red blood and gore, except zombie's head stays attached when you kick a it's head as Jill or encountering Hunter in the hospital as Carlos.

3. In the U.S. for Playstation, PC, and Dreamcast versions, you kick the zombie's head and it's head stays attached, but the Gamecube versions in the U.S. you CAN decapitate zombies by kicking them or see it's head get decapitated by a Hunter. Completely uncensored!

4. The Original Japanese version is almost uncensored for all consoles except for the fact that after the Hunter decapitates you, the "You Died" sequence doesn't show the headless body lying down. Also after you download the Japanese PS1 version from the Japanese PS3 store, the content is the same as the European or UK versions.

(http://www.onlinegamesdatenbank.de/i...le&titleid=124) and (http://www.onlinegamesdatenbank.de/i...&articleid=338)

However there is one person who has the rare and 100% uncensored version of the U.S. PS1 version of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, and that is Hcloud13! He showed us the clip on Youtube (before taken down) that has Jill blowing off Zombie's legs with her shotgun, get's her leg bitten, and kicks the zombie's head off and the head flies off completely! Here is the downloaded clip I have from Youtube: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?w4857hdibuh70h1

1) The Video could be faked. It's certainly not impossible. Don't take it as utter proof that this thing exists. I could edit together a version of RE2 that takes you through parts of RE3, the RE1 labs and 1.5 but it wouldn't be real. It would just be me, showing my awesome.

2) If this thread gets out of hand in any way, shape and form, I will lock and you will not get to make another one.

Comment

Due to Hcloud's reluctance to answer questions about his insanely rare mass produced disc, this video is obviously fake...
      lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Id be willing to upload another vid with whatever you guys want to see...BUT! Please guys don't spam me again with threats and demands,it was a bit overwhelming getting 10 PM's everytime I came to the site.

In a way I can see why whoever has the 1.5 game will never come public.
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Hcloud13 View Post
          Id be willing to upload another vid with whatever you guys want to see...BUT! Please guys don't spam me again with threats and demands,it was a bit overwhelming getting 10 PM's everytime I came to the site.

Please do Hcloud13. I'm sorry I snaped at you before. Please forgive me

Comment

Id be willing to upload another vid with whatever you guys want to see...
            Could I please see a good scan/picture of the disc? Through your previous posts, it sounded like it was just a factory pressed retail disc..?
            lostreleases // demopals

Comment

I'll take a pic,I don't have a scanner. I'll take it tomorrow as I'm at work now.
              Yea,it looks like just the normal retail disc. I wonder if this is like the Saturn version of RE1 where a fue of the first prints were uncensord.
              Spoiler:

Comment

Thank you.

I wonder if this is like the Saturn version of RE1 where a fue of the first prints were uncensord.
                That's just a rumour...
                lostreleases // demopals

Comment

2. European versions like UK English, Italian, French, and Spanish, have red blood and gore, except zombie's head stays attached when you kick a it's head as Jill or encountering Hunter in the hospital as Carlos.
                  Still not true no matter how many times you say it.
                  Last edited by Code_R; 06-06-2012, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I think that is true, at least for the UK PAL version. I believe there's a spray of gore when you kick them but the head stays attached.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the UK/ENG PAL one the head stays attached, though I could have sworn that the US PC version did actually have the heads come off but I can't say for sure as I'd have to go and dig around for my copy to reinstall it.

Just as I'm quite sure I remember seeing some without their heads when I was trying to get screenshots of the Fiona Belli mod set I was working on for US PC RE3 ages ago.
                      sigpic
                      Non-blurry Signature Version
                      Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                        I'm pretty sure the UK/ENG PAL one the head stays attached, though I could have sworn that the US PC version did actually have the heads come off but I can't say for sure as I'd have to go and dig around for my copy to reinstall it.

Just as I'm quite sure I remember seeing some without their heads when I was trying to get screenshots of the Fiona Belli mod set I was working on for US PC RE3 ages ago.
                        Let us know if your U.S. PC version is uncensored too...

Comment

im pretty sure my RE3 is the same I gotta check it outta but I remeber kicking the heads off the zombies when there bitting Jills leg.
                          sigpic
                          See No Evil

Comment

If you would do that that would be awesome and much appreciated! Not to be picky, but would you mind posting a video of you decapitating a head then clicking on an on screen object which displays English text without bringing up the inventory or switching camera angles, and then immediately afterwards pressing the PS button to bring up the PS menu and reset the game? I know this is a bit of a specific request, but it would pretty much show without a shadow of a doubt this thing is out there to find. Assuming it is real I would be willing to risk buying a few copies on the off chance of getting this build. Sorry for being so specific in my request, but I can't think of any other way that would make this an indisputable fact instead of just a rumour. I appreciate you posting your last video and understand if this is a bit much to ask.
                            Last edited by Guest; 06-06-2012, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                              If you would do that that would be awesome and much appreciated! Not to be picky, but would you mind posting a video of you decapitating a head then clicking on an on screen object which displays English text without bringing up the inventory or switching camera angles, and then immediately afterwards pressing the PS button to bring up the PS menu and reset the game? I know this is a bit of a specific request, but it would pretty much show without a shadow of a doubt this thing is out there to find. Assuming it is real I would be willing to risk buying a few copies on the off chance of getting this build. Sorry for being so specific in my request, but I can't think of any other way that would make this an indisputable fact instead of just a rumour. I appreciate you posting your last video and understand if this is a bit much to ask.
                              I don't mind,I'm off work work sunday all day so I'll make the video then & post it later in the evening.
                              I don't want to keep making videos,so if you can think of anything else you want me to do in the vid let me know.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X