Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking back at the '00-'09 decade AKA Happy New Year!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking back at the '00-'09 decade AKA Happy New Year!!!

Since there was no topic, I've decided to make this Happy New Year/ Looking back thread hybrid.

Since it's almost New Years, almost 2010, almost the new decade, let's discuss the many pros, the MANY cons of the decade!

What did you hate?

What did you love?

Any New Year's resolutions?

Discuss!

Last edited by Ray; 12-30-2009, 09:29 PM.

CONS:
    All videogame movies
    Miley Cyrus & Co.
    9/11
    Kentucky Baked Chicken

PROS:
    Certain games
    Certain movies
    Gained the ability to drink vodka legally.

Comment

I'll look back on this decade when it's 2011. :] A lot of it is a mix of good and bad. As for 2009, it was very uneventful for me. Didn't hate it, didn't love it.

I fully anticipate 2010 having good things around the corner, though I try not to make resolutions that are out of my hands. My main aspiration is to make the upcoming year a good one as opposed to just "hoping" it will be.

Comment

I hate the direction the world is headed to.
        I hate the whole "If you don't believe what I'm telling you, then YOU are wrong!" mantra that Al Gore and his friends have instilled in everyone
        I hate that America hasn't captured and sodomized Osama Bin Laden on nation television yet
        I hate how if the media hypes something enough, people will actually believe it (H1N1 being a big deal, 2012 doomsday, global warming)

I love how much technology has progressed this decade
        I love downloading and streaming anything I want to my HDTV
        I love drinking
        I love fucking

Comment

Originally posted by Corrin View Post
          I love fucking

I like this.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
            I like this.
            I don't know if I can help you there, though man.

Comment

I dont think I want you to help me.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                I dont think I want you to help me.
                It's OK man, we won't judge if you do.

Comment

Anybody have plans for tomorrow night? Me, I'm going to Liq-O-Rama and getting myself a bottle of Captain Morgan to bring with me to my friend's party. Gonna get real stupid!

Comment

To drink mead and bring vengence to my foes. One part of that statement will happen. I'll let you worry working out which part.

Comment

I'm gonna spend my New Years with my family and the rest of our apartment building, screaming out into the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
                        It's OK man, we won't judge if you do.

lol. I'm not gay.

Comment

I'm gonna get shitfaced with some friends, and hopefully if I wake up with someone it's someone I know and/or remember being with. Otherwise that trip to the free clinic is quite embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
                            I'm gonna get shitfaced with some friends, and hopefully if I wake up with someone it's someone I know and/or remember being with. Otherwise that trip to the free clinic is quite embarrassing.
                            The trick is to go to the one in the next town. Less embarrassing when you don't know anyone there/no one you know sees you go in.

Comment

8 more hours left to go for me. Celebrating the new year/decade with some friends.
                              It was a good decade as far as I'm concerned. Finished high school and college, landed a job, made some many new friends. About the only bad part for me was RE 1.5 not getting leaked.
                              Last edited by abbatoo; 12-31-2009, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X