Best Film In a Horror Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Film In a Horror Series

Hey all, new here. Long-time Horror fan both with films and gaming. This seems like a cool forum and I definitely look forward to hanging around

I thought this would be a fun little topic for all the Horror fans here. Of the following Horror series with at least three or more movies, which is your single favorite entry in each? Just cut and paste the list and replace with your choices and feel free to add any other series I forgot.

---

Friday The 13th
    Halloween
    A Nightmare On Elm Street
    Saw
    Scream
    Evil Dead
    Phantasm
    Alien
    Predator
    Hellraiser
    Child's Play
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    Final Destination
    Insidious
    The Conjuring
    The Purge
    Paranormal Activity

---

My choices:

Friday The 13th - The Final Chapter
    Halloween - 1978 Original
    A Nightmare On Elm Street - New Nightmare
    Saw - Saw II
    Scream - Original
    Evil Dead - Evil Dead II
    Phantasm - Phantasm II
    Alien - Aliens
    Predator - Predator 2
    Hellraiser - Original
    Child's Play - Original
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - 2003 Remake
    Final Destination - Original
    Insidious - Chapter 3
    The Conjuring - The Conjuring 2
    The Purge - Anarchy
    Paranormal Activity - Original

And some additionals:

Hannibal Lecter - The Silence Of The Lambs
    Puppet Master - Puppet Master 4
    Maniac Cop - Maniac Cop 2
    Romero's Living Dead - Day Of The Dead (1985)
    Return Of The Living Dead - Part II
    Poltergeist - Poltergeist II, but it's been so long since I last watched this series.
    Jaws - Original
    Cube - Original
    Tremors - Original
    Leprechaun - Original
    Blade - Blade II
    Amityville - Only seen the original, remake and It's About Time
    Resident Evil - Seen the first two, need to see the rest to make fair judgment

I'm sure some of my picks will be controversial like Predator 2, ROTLD Part II and Poltergeist II, which isn't to say I disliked the originals at all, just simply enjoyed the sequel more. I'm a big fan of most of these series and most of the films in their respective series.
    Last edited by Rotting Corpse; 05-15-2017, 12:01 AM.

Those were pretty good. Not really pertaining to the topic, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotting Corpse View Post
      Those were pretty good. Not really pertaining to the topic, though.
      I love pretty much all the horror series, because I own practically everything with a sequel on DVD, my man.

I'd say I love the originals the most, though, and some sequels are fine. Many unfortunately, tend to be of low quality and you can tell the producers are just so desperate to make us hand over our hard earned cash, due to the use of the franchise name alone. It's like how Saw will be back in October, under a slightly altered new name (Jigsaw). They said the one in 3D out in 2010 was meant to be the last chapter, but as usual, they weren't being honest.

Comment

As do I. I literally have an entire shelf with nothing but Horror films and shows on it, up and down. That's how much I own

Comment

So I watched that new trailer for Jigsaw and the film looks only...mildly interesting. I just don't get it. Why revive this series? I mean, I think the original was a great thriller. One of the best horrors of the 2000s, for sure. But the rest of the sequels got gradually more insane and you could tell that the gore, plot direction and traps was becoming more exaggerated by the minute. Hell, who the heck can prepare all these "games" without being seen anyway?

I'm also sick of remakes, and rebooting everything is all Hollywood can do, or even Bollywood. It's just so easy to milk shit because people are so easily amused by this.

Comment

I guess the studio figures the series has been dormant long enough that some people might be interested in a comeback.

Comment

Chucky is returning soon as well, in Cult of Chucky.

Comment

I saw, got my copy just the other day and look forward to watching it.

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

Cult Of Chucky was enjoyable enough but not the best, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X