Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jake Muller and his age... (Possible plot hole?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Muller and his age... (Possible plot hole?)

Alright, so I was discussing RE6 earlier with a friend of mine. One of the topics that was eventually brought up was Jake being Wesker's son. Now we were joking about who the hell he knocked up and how he probably had some sort of one night stand then said something along the lines of "Alright, gotta kill Chris and saturate the world!" and left. Anywho, we eventually stumbled upon the subject of when Wesker could have possibly gotten together with someone. We figured well, if Jake apparently has this "special blood" and is able to take on B.O.W.s in a fist fight, it must have been after Wesker injected himself with the virus. Alright, we thought, makes sense... But, wait, it doesn't. Lets say it happened sometime after the mansion incident. Lets just say he got together with some chick sometime in between the years of 1998 and 2000. Whoever Wesker got together with would have probably had Jake around this time. Now RE6 takes place in the year of 2013. This would make Jake's age be somewhere between 13 and 15. As we can see however, Jake looks much older than that. I'd say AT LEAST early to late twenties. Does anyone else find this strange?

Maybe Wesker grew Jake in a tube with accelerated growth or something? Something just doesn't seem to add up to me. As far as I know, Wesker didn't have any sort of virus in him before the mansion incident, did he?

Anyway, just thought I'd post this, figured it make for quite an interesting discussion.

I don't think Jake's abilities come from the virus Wesker injected into himself, but instead the potential that comes from the blood of the Wesker children.

Comment

So, does that make him Alex's nephew...technically?
      See you in hell.

Comment

I think that odds are he's not Wesker's "son" in the way that Albert squirted his seed into a woman and she gave birth nine months later. It's probably more complicated than that somehow.

Comment

Actually, as his name says, he was born from a unknown woman not presented after the series started.
          Maybe he's the only one who has suitable blood for some virus created by Wesker, like the Uroboros.

Comment

Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
            I don't think Jake's abilities come from the virus Wesker injected into himself, but instead the potential that comes from the blood of the Wesker children.
            That'd make sense I guess but weren't the Wesker children just a group of children with superior traits (IQ, etc) rounded up to be compatible with the virus? I don't see this necessarily giving Jake the power to take on B.O.W.s in a fist fight.

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
            Actually, as his name says, he was born from a unknown woman not presented after the series started.
            Maybe he's the only one who has suitable blood for some virus created by Wesker, like the Uroboros.
            I figure this would be the most likely reason. However, from the Captivate trailer, it seems like Jake has absolutely no idea who Wesker is. Going by his "You lost me" line when Ada (if it is Ada anyway) mentions him. Maybe there's just more to the game than we've seen so far. Maybe Ada injects him with something at the point and that's when he actually begins to fight hand to hand.

Comment

Jakes just a 25 year old test tube Baby Wesker made out of boredom. we'll just leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Spera01 View Post
                However, from the Captivate trailer, it seems like Jake has absolutely no idea who Wesker is. Going by his "You lost me" line when Ada (if it is Ada anyway) mentions him. Maybe there's just more to the game than we've seen so far. Maybe Ada injects him with something at the point and that's when he actually begins to fight hand to hand.
                Didn't it say somewhere exposure to the C-Virus triggered his powers.
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                  Didn't it say somewhere exposure to the C-Virus triggered his powers.
                  Did it? I actually haven't seen or heard that at all. Perhaps I missed it though. Could be yet another explanation though I guess.

Comment

I swear someone posted info from Capcom site saying his entire Merc squad/platoon/whatever were exposed in order to turn them into J'avo soldiers.
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Hm, possibly then? Perhaps News Bot could help with that information. This is the first time I've heard of that however, so perhaps I just missed that post or something.

Comment

Jake was member of anti-governmatn militia where everyone were injected with nutrion shots witch were mixed with C-virus. Everyone turned into J'avo's except Jake. His special blood adapt the virus and he became super soldier. In that time Sherry and Ada/Carla started to be interested in him. That was written in one of the Japanese previews in Famitsu or somewhere else.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

The only way Wesker's blood would be special was the virus he received from Birkin which game him his powers. Problem with that is that Jake wouldn't inherrit the virus and therefore abilities...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                            The only way Wesker's blood would be special was the virus he received from Birkin which game him his powers. Problem with that is that Jake wouldn't inherrit the virus and therefore abilities...
                            No, he was already special since the beginning, otherwise he wouldn't have been picked up.

And it has been stated that he doesn't know Wesker since he left before he was born. Wesker might not even have been aware he had a kid.

Comment

Well, you can clearly see in the latest trailer that they're showing signs of actual biological relation with the way his facial traits/movement.

So the chances of him being a biological son (whether natural born or test-tube) are through the roof. I refuse to believe they'd "fake" a son and genetically construct him to be biologically similar to his "not-father," but yet not be his biological son. That's just too stupid. Even for Capcpom.

The whole deal with him being "special" is totally because of his then high compatibility rate with anything and everything that made Albert special (and with Alex probably either being awol or not likely to have the same end-result as Albert; I guess that leaves Jake as their only "safe" bet as far as creating an Alice-like army of super humans goes.)

Comment

Working...
                              X