Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Gear Solid movie

inb4MGS4wasamovie

Okay, so, we all know it's coming. It's been discussed, it has its own IMDB page, and people want it to happen. Me? I'm not sure yet. I've seen way too many video game-movies fail so hard that I don't want to see my favorite series get the same treatment. Then again, maybe MGS's cinematic nature would make the transition to the silver screen very easy? Only time will tell. For now, we can discuss.

So, do you want this movie to be made? If so, who do you think should play who?

To spark the discussion, I'll just leave this here...

With the right writer/director combination, Metal Gear Solid would make a pretty damn good flick. And Christian Bale would make an awesome Solid Snake. I keep telling people they should just cast him as the male lead in everything.

Comment

It should only be made if Kojima is directing, and OMG did i just see Directed by Hideo Kojimo written up there?

I'm still not very sure about this, i like how the font of Metal Gear Solid is the same as in MGS1, but that is also making me think this could be a fake.

I'm not happy with Daniel Craig in this though, i don't like him much. Christian Bale is alright though.

Comment

It says "Executive Producer Hideo Kojima."

Comment

This film walks a huge tight-rope. It's easy to fuck something like this up, but then again, seeing as how reveled MGS is and how protective Kojima is of the franchise dammit it may work.

Now about that pic, does anyone know any Daniel Craig movie where he's got long hair?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
            It says "Executive Producer Hideo Kojima."
            So he's only financing it? They better get a good director.

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
            This film walks a huge tight-rope. It's easy to fuck something like this up, but then again, seeing as how reveled MGS is and how protective Kojima is of the franchise dammit it may work.

Now about that pic, does anyone know any Daniel Craig movie where he's got long hair?
            Now that you mention that, is this going to be just a movie of MGS1? Or something completely new? Is it even going to be canon?

If it has the MGS1 font style then it looks as though it's just going to be MGS1 remade into a film.

Comment

Ok...odds are, the poster's fake. I just posted it to spark discussion. You guys should click the links I provided in the OP for more information. If that poster was real, it'd probably be taken down from the website pretty quickly.

Comment

We don't even know if that poster is legit, and personally I don't think it is.

Plus, the "executive producer" title implies a hell of a lot. If Kojima finances the film, then he blows a lot of money on what could turn out to be a major flop. Therefore, he gets a shit load more say than the director or even the writer if he wants it.

Comment

Yeah i think it's fake too, i read the interview.

Besides Remaking MGS1 into movie would be a colossal waste of money and there is no chance in hell it would be as good. Simply by the fact a movie would not be long enough.

Comment

I think they could do a MG movie that doesnt follow the canon and it would be still good. Resident Evil relied to much of the story and thats why the movie failed.

Comment

That poster is the work of someone with Photoshop, and money to go to Kinkos and get it blown up and printed out. People can be so gullible (oh and by people, I don't mean any of you, I was talking about people who actually believe that the poster is real).

A metal Gear movie would be quite exciting, but as others have said before, it needs a solid director/producer team.

Remember when Uwe Boll said he was going to make a MGS movie?
                      Silly Boll. Silly, silly Boll.

Comment

It's not gonna happen. Don't worry about it.

Comment

IMDB can be edited pretty easily, dont take everything on it as fact.

Comment

i wouldnt mind it happening but to be honest Snatcher would be better off as a movie cause hell that game is pretty much a movie more than a game but still i'd like to see a MGS movie.

Comment

We don't need a MGS movie, we already have: The Rock, Gattaca, Escape From New York.

Snatcher would be better off as a movie cause hell that game is pretty much a movie more than a game
                              Good idea and I suggest to call the Snatcher movie Blade Runner
                              Last edited by aris13; 06-17-2009, 08:15 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X