Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IGN Editorial: Is Resident Evil 5 Racist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGN Editorial: Is Resident Evil 5 Racist?

Posting about the racism issue of Resident Evil 5 is always a good way to increase readership. It seems IGN is joining the bandwagon, with an editorial article talking about the topic.

IGN Editorial: Is Resident Evil 5 Racist?

I think Eurogamer had an article on this as well. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/re...ter1to3?page=3

Warning though...it mentions a bit of spoiler as to what happens to the blonde girl.
    sigpic
    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
      I think Eurogamer had an article on this as well. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/re...ter1to3?page=3

Warning though...it mentions a bit of spoiler as to what happens to the blonde girl.
      That was actually already posted awhile ago. Check the news archive.

Comment

She never said it was new.

Anyway, I'm tired of this whole racism argument. What is it, 2, 3 years old now? Meh. MEH! The only racism that could possibly occur in RE5 is the dialogue that takes place between two people playing online co-op. *cough*
        Last edited by Vector; 02-10-2009, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Ugh. People need to get over themselves. The racism card is played so much these days that people aren't taking it very seriously. It's kind of like the Boy Who Cried Wolf. Save it for a real issue of equality!

People see a white man killing Africans and immediately go "ZOMG RACIST!!!!" because they have nothing better to do. They do it because it's their 'Tomb Raider objectifies women' off season and they simply must be busy with something.

I think it's funny how idiotic people are these day. What do they think? Do they think that Capcom, at the start of RE5, sat around a conference table and said "Let's pick on the black people in this one!".

Gimme a break.

[/twocents]
          Last edited by Vogue_Dirge; 02-10-2009, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
            That was actually already posted awhile ago. Check the news archive.
            I know. I mentioned it because these racism articles may have unmarked spoilers, such as the one I mentioned.

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
            She never said it was new.

Anyway, I'm tired of this whole racism argument. What is it, 2, 3 years old now? Meh. MEH! The only racism that could possibly occur in RE5 is the dialogue that takes place between two people playing online co-op. *cough*
            *cough* The melons...they are honeydews...
            sigpic
            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
              *cough* The melons...they are honeydews...
              BAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWHAWHAWHAWWWW.

But, hey, do you guys think this argument would've ever been had if that whole, ya know, 'slavery' thing never happened?
              Last edited by Vector; 02-10-2009, 09:29 PM.

Comment

This pisses me off!!!

Here, in mexico, you can call someone "negro" (black, nigger, etc.) and it doesn't mean you're a racist, is just how we "difference" people, like, my self, i'm "white" so some people call me whitey or ""blondie"" equivalents in spanish (i don't know why blondie cause i have black hair... ).

I seriously believe that the people who thinks that RE5 is racist, are racist themeselves, beacuse they're seeing the difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate this!!!!! The racist will be over when no one gives a damn about the colors of others!!!!! we are all humans, we are all the same!!!!!!

Comment

i dont get it, if ppl think RE5 is racist why dont people think GTA san adreas (sorry i forgot how to spell it lol)
                  is racist?

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                    i dont get it, if ppl think RE5 is racist why dont people think GTA san adreas (sorry i forgot how to spell it lol)
                    is racist?
                    They did...but that also had the whole Hot Coffee bull to go along with it. Consensual sex > racism.
                    sigpic
                    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                      is racist?
                      The logic is, Chris Redfield is white. The majini are black. White man killing black man = racist.

Many people seem to forget that racism isn't just black and white(lol pun), there are many shades of gray.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                        The logic is, Chris Redfield is white. The majini are black. White man killing black man = racist.

Many people seem to forget that racism isn't just black and white(lol pun), there are many shades of gray.

yes i no that but the most common is black and white

Comment

I think the ending of the article hits a real point...if the game involved white folks no one would care. Or Spanish, Asian, Indian...anything but black people. And I don't believe something can be bad just because it shows people of a certain skin colour doing something evil, due to infection. Even if, as the these reviews suggest, you see unifected villagers beating something in a sack, they're possibly infected and just in an early stage of things.

I do thing, however, that:
                          Spoiler:

Still, again, if the act is fine when another skin colour performs it...

And yes, I know I'm ignoring the whole issue of black people being streotyped. But isn't that the point? Aren't we supposed to treat everyone the same nowdays and not handle one group badly or with kid gloves? That's the way I see it. Unless something deliberately tries to show a group as inferior because of there skin rather than as infected monsters that have no regard for colour or creed I can't see it as racist.

Comment

If Resident Evil 5 is racist then Chris Redfield is the Tank from Left4dead!

(I was bored )

Such a silly debate.
                            Attached Files

Comment

It's pretty unlikely a white person will be attacked by white people for being white. Maybe it's not really racist, but the game is in poor taste like RE4 was. Black people can be racist too, and they have tribal wars in Africa, but they still have several reasons to be upset: having a friend jailed for being black, being shot for being black, etc...
                              Last edited by The_15th; 02-11-2009, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X