More Zapper info + RE5 Direct Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Zapper info + RE5 Direct Feed

Gametrailers has a Developer walkthrough of Umbrella Chronicles using the Wii Zapper. Its not clarified who this person is, it seems more like a Nintendo rep than a Capcom one, but the video still shows some nice footage of the Zapper in action against some zombies.

Gametrailers Video

Also, Nintendo has released a press video showing the zapper in action on Umbrella Chronicles with some staged actors. Its pretty short, and quite low resolution but you can check it out below.

Jpg preview
    Download 320x182 Zapper Promo (320x182, 4.91MB)

Next up, the Microsoft press conference has been released in "high resolution". While not HD, it is direct feed, so Ill be providing a video of that in a few moments. Ill also be encoding the Playstation conference RE5 trailer in SD to help those out with lower end systems later today, so for now you'll just have to settle for the Microsoft press conference trailer in SD, albeit direct feed. The quality is a bit off, since its being run through different feeds but thats not my fault, though the colors look much better than the previous off screen video.

Update:
    Video is up!

Jpg preview
    Download 640x360 Trailer (640x360, 15.8MB)

Finally, Capcom has released the "Placeholder" logo for Resident Evil 5, which forms out of lava cracks in the earth on the trailers. You can view it below.

Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-12-2007, 06:29 AM.

Does anyone else agree that some of the zombies movements look like they have been lifted out of RE4?

It's been a while since I played RE4, but watching that gametrailers video, I couldn't help but notice the similarities between the zombies falling (look @ 0:48 and 0:57), and how a ganado would fall in RE4. Also when the zombies try and punch (at least once @ 2:20), it looks like how a ganado would swing an axe.

CAN'T believe they're recycled so much for this. I thought they could include the subway and J's bar street areas if they had it as a part of the RE3 mission which only Carlos could play, but it looks like they've no regard for consistency.

CAN'T believe RE2 isn't in it. They could have recycled the RPD from Outbreak file 2, and the underground labs from Outbreak. I guess the sewers would have been too much hard work. And modeling a whole new character (Claire. Surely they could steal Leon in RPD attire from RE4?) must just be too exhausting. Carlos must have been really time consuming.
    Personally, I thought the whole T-virus outbreak in Raccoon city, which is explained in RE2 is PRETTY important to the demise of Umbrella, but clearly I'm wrong.

Can't say I'm looking forward to this one anymore
    sigpic

Comment

Does that RE5 trailer has audio not synchronized with video, or is that just my computer? I have the speed part of audio before the speed mix of video (I hope you know what I mean).

Comment

Ah yeah, nice spotting it. Fixing it now, will report when the fixed version is up.

Comment

Fixed ;) Redownload please!

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

yay just saw it , honestly not that overwhelming, maybe just because its a teaser ..

did anyone notice a dr salvadorish guy standing behind the guy with the megaphone ?

Comment

The one with the burlap sack over his head? He appears twice. On the platform with the guy holding the megaphone. And the part where Chris is getting bitched about on the floor. Weilding a huge ass scythe (or some shit) on both occassions.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                X