X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text Codes

Well guys, I will show some progress in my research:

Take by example the video by Martin:

So, in order to edit dialogs texts, we can use hex [00] to space and [08] to do a "keyboard enter", that way make a new line and text not desappear in right side screen

"in hex" If we look at end of dialogs you will find some like this:

[04010146][0400] what means: [0401]=end of text and clear previuos text screen[0146]=time that text will stand on screen ([0145] will stand less than [0146])

[0400]=show next dialog text

Example:
    At the start is [0400]Leon,[00]...
    At the end is ...up[00]there?[04010146][0400]Those[00]things...

only in the start is [0400] (start script to show text dialogs)

this hex code control the previous text [04010146] "0401" ends script show text dialog

[0400]<-is for next text

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dialog 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	252.1 KB
ID:	402832

Another things that I found:

Change color text (usage is [0501text words] or [0502text words] ...
    0501=[GREEN]
    0502=[RED]
    0503=[GREY]
    0504=[WHITE]
    0505=[GREEN]
    0506=[RED WINE]
    0507=[BLUE]

Codes for use in separed

00=space
    01=clear screen text or previous text hexcode
    02=wait for player action
    03=do player question ">YES or >NO"
    04=start a text dialogs
    05=change text color (usage 05+digit modifier color)
    06=oh! this a interesting thing here, let's see more detais:

Inside the space between text dialogs (0400Leon[00]are[00]you[00]ok?[04010146][0400]
    If we use the [06]+digit modifier, we will got access to all the itens names in the game, example:
    [0602]=Combat Knife
    [0603]=Pipe

That's include items (munitions, weapons, herbs...) and names of files, example: [0666]=Umbrella File 10 or [0649]=Chris' Diary
    See:

Name:	Dialog 2.jpg
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	402833
    Now we got this:
    . . . (1.1.142>
    I Dont know what means . . . (1.1.1
    My knowledge starts on 42, if someone knows what it is, please share with me;)
    So starts from 42 [0402] we got
    [04]=Show text on screen
    [02]=start script "wait player press action button"
    John:=normal text (using table)
    [00]=space bar
    51[0501]Color green
    Test Items:=normal text
    8[08]=new line (keyboard enter)
    57[0507]=color blue
    6m[0649]=Chris" Diary
    8[08]=new line (keyboard enter)
    56[0506]=color red wine
    6j[0647]=Water Key
    2[02]=end of script "player press action button"
    As we can note, we can write alot things with small code.

and here is where code [06+digit modifier calls:

Name:	Dialog 3.jpg
Size:	320.2 KB
ID:	402834

I can describe a table of all this items names, but is not hard for you discover:
    [0602]=Combat Knife
    [0603]=Iron Pipe
    Continuing:
    [07]=I not sure but, I think it is a "separator" of pointers call like we can see in the print above: "Combat Knife[07]Pipe[07]...
    I dont know yet another aplications of [07], if someone found, let me know ok?

[08]=as we can see above, is a new line text like a "keyboard enter".

For now, it is all I know about texts dialogs for this our beloved game ^^

Thanks and sorry for this long post, I hope you liked.
    Last edited by _edu@rdo_; 04-02-2013, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the very useful info Eduardo! I will try to fix those dialogs!

Comment

Thanks, Martin - both for the video and the info!
        Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
        Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
          Thanks for all the very useful info Eduardo! I will try to fix those dialogs!
          Thanks, if need some help you can count with me, will be a pleasure ;)

Saludos!

Comment

Here's something to take with you this weekend. It's time for the third and final group of episodes of "A Story of Resident Evil 1.5."

Stage 3 - The Factory (Umbrella chemical plant, Warehouse District)

Part 16 - Arrival at the Factory
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Part 17 - The Admin Building
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Part 18 - Key Card Quest (Warehouse 2 - Control Room - Conveyor Belt and Induction System)

Part 19 - The Warehouse Battle (Warehouse 1) and Finale

Part 20 - Afterword

The afterword will help explain why I had to stop where I did. Hope you enjoyed the show.
            Last edited by RMandel; 04-11-2013, 03:17 AM.

Comment

-no longer available-

Videos i did randomly in the first few days of the leak. Never had a chance to share them.

Note: A glitch occurred in the video processing so the videos are doubled. It will restart the video at around the middle of each videos. So just ignore it and watch the first half. Also, YT removed my audio in the elza video. I dont know why but YT had a copyright complaint by capcom on the elza video so audio was disabled. How crap.
              Last edited by ccrogers15; 05-14-2013, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Added an Afterword (Part 20) to the end of "A Story of RE15" (see post #50). Hope it clears up any questions.

Comment

I remade the Playstation Underground Trailer

Comment

Here's another major update to my Unreal Tournament project (sorry for the black-crush darkness; FRAPS didn't translate well to Macintosh...):

Comment

Great work on recreating the entire building. I got a bit dizzy watching the whole thing though. Haha
                      Seibu teh geimu?
                      ---

Comment

Inspired off of ajrich17901`s 1.5 trailer remake, i remade the Sega Saturn Resident Evil 1.5 Trailer that was released by capcom when the game was intended to launch on that console.

NOTE: Some things from the official trailer i had to replace with others because in the beta we have access to, the spider tunnels and some things are not possible. Also, watch in anything but full screen or the quality will be very very bad.

Comment

Too many requests, and I couldn't resist.

Another Story of Resident Evil 1.5 - Leon's Game

Part 00 - Prologue

STAGE 1 - THE RPD

Part 01 - Dead Police Station

Part 02 - From RPD 2F to RPD 1F

Part 03 - The Zombie Run

Part 04 - The Basement Levels

Part 05 - Unlocking the Cell Bay

Part 06 - The Burning Van (updated)

Part 07 - Unlocking the Media Room

Part 08 - The Second Zombie Run

Part 09 - Escaping the RPD (Stage 1 finale - updated)

(to be continued)

Those of you wanting a "straight" RE15 experience should skip the Prologue and go straight to Part 1. The Prologue is only there to tie this to and wrap up some loose ends from my earlier video series, A Story of RE15: Elza's Tale.

This series of videos is still largely based on my old theoretical gameplay walkthrough scripts from 2012, but modified to take into account everyone's discoveries in the MZD build of RE15. Thought it might help everyone in their various discussions to have something visual for reference until Team IGAS releases their next batch of RE15 goodness. My effort won't be the same as theirs, but I hope it's still useful. Input welcome.

Those of you who want are welcome to revise/edit/merge/remake any and all parts of this series if you like.
                          Last edited by RMandel; 06-02-2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Another Story of RE1.5 - Leon's Game (continued)

STAGE 2 - THE SEWERS

Part 10 - Into the Sewers

Part 11 - Accessing the Pump Room

Part 12 - The Flood in the Sewers

Part 13 - Finding the Sewers Exit (Stage 2 finale)

My apologies for the Part 13 being in a different format than the first three. You'll see why once you watch it.

I'll be taking a break for a while from making any more "walkthrough" videos of Leon's game. There are certain fans who think I'm spoiling the surprise of the Team's next build release, and ... well ... it would probably be best if I held off anyway until they caught up with what I'm trying to do before I move on. I'm running way ahead of them right now. Perhaps it is best I held off for a while. Anyway, I hope you enjoy Leon's visit to the Sewers, and I hope my video "walkthrough" helps answer a lot of your questions.
                            Last edited by RMandel; 06-07-2013, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X