Boston Marathon bombed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Marathon bombed...

Another terrorist attack, wonderful. Whether by individual, or terrorist group it doesn't matter, the end result is always horrific and a saddening.

The sick thing is that the department of Homeland security is going to get more power as a result of this creating a bigger police state off those murdered and injured by this.
    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 04-16-2013, 03:06 AM.

Man, this is awful. We were at the marathon last year near the explosion area because my uncle was in the race, and we were gonna go this year but he ended up deciding to pass on it. Just terrible. I hope they find the monster(s) quickly so they can't cause more trouble. Just freaking horrifying.

Comment

I live in Somerville, right next to Boston. I had a few friends who were at the marathon. Luckily none of them got hurt. It really is just awful. One of the casualties was an 8 year old boy. Horrible...

I hope they find the bastard who did this.
      Last edited by Spera01; 04-15-2013, 11:51 PM.

Comment

I'm damn suspiciousthat the FBI knew about this ahead of time and just let it happen. Gotta justify the newer powers given to them in the police state we're living in and the continued 'war on terror' -_-

Comment

This country (US) has a lot of people who do not trust our Government, which is fine. The real problem comes when they come up with crazy conspiracies to support that distrust. To many here, being a patriot means being against Uncle Sam.

That is something that I recently heard being mentioned when people were talking about Margaret Thatcher's legacy.

You see, before she came into the scene, most in the UK trusted their government (more or less, you will always have detractors). But some believed that she imported from the US the idea that the people should not trust their government. And that there was no need for having a sense of community. Everyone should look after themselves. And put in practice the whole 'Survival of the fittest' ideal on society at large. And thus why she took away from the poor (their safety net) and instead rewarded those that were already strong (the rich).

I notice that we have a crapload of preppers and survivalists here in the States. And quite a few secessionists.

Many already suspect (based on the evidence) that this terrorist act was done by domestic terrorists.

We'll see.
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
            This country (US) has a lot of people who do not trust our Government, which is fine. The real problem comes when they come up with crazy conspiracies to support that distrust. To many here, being a patriot means being against Uncle Sam.

That is something that I recently heard being mentioned when people were talking about Margaret Thatcher's legacy.

You see, before she came into the scene, most in the UK trusted their government (more or less, you will always have detractors). But some believed that she imported from the US the idea that the people should not trust their government. And that there was no need for having a sense of community. Everyone should look after themselves. And put in practice the whole 'Survival of the fittest' ideal on society at large. And thus why she took away from the poor (their safety net) and instead rewarded those that were already strong (the rich).

I notice that we have a crapload of preppers and survivalists here in the States. And quite a few secessionists.

Many already suspect (based on the evidence) that this terrorist act was done by domestic terrorists.

We'll see.
            I agree... so sick of seeing this anti-government bullshit, I could scream.

Calling for the downfall of government, while citing the some obscene non-sense about conspiracy doesn't make you a 'patriot'. Let's call it for what it is - people hate our President, simply because he is a black man with a familiar name. Fucking right-wing cowards...

Since his election in 2008, the History Channel has become full of those 'survival' psychos shows. I can't even read the Huffington Post without some asshole spouting-off some nonsense about Obama, whether the story is political, or not.

I stand behind our President, and fully expect those who bring terror to be brought to justice. Granted, we will probably lose more freedoms, but you can't blame that on a single individual located within our government, party, etc.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Those anti-government movements started way before Obama was made POTUS, though. You had them on both sides of the fence (Liberals and Conservatives plus with lots of Libertarians). They were there before, and will be there after he leaves.

Lets not forget about Tim McVeigh. He was part of an anti-government militia movement before Obama was in office. McVeigh believed in all sorts wacky theories concerning the government. And acted upon those beliefs. With deadly results.

EDIT: However, I have to admit that Obama becoming President only solidified in the minds of these people that their country was no longer theirs to call their own. Thus why they stand by the "Take Our Country Back" motto.
              Last edited by Pikminister; 04-16-2013, 03:10 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Those anti-government movements started way before Obama was made POTUS, though. You had them on both sides of the fence (Liberals and Conservatives plus with lots of Libertarians). They were there before, and will be there after he leaves.

Lets not forget about Tim McVeigh. He was part of an anti-government militia movement before Obama was in office. McVeigh believed in all sorts wacky theories concerning the government. And acted upon those beliefs. With deadly results.

EDIT: However, I have to admit that Obama becoming President only solidified in the minds of these people that their country was no longer theirs to call their own. Thus why they stand by the "Take Our Country Back" motto.
                Again, I agree.

But you must agree with me, on this - the situation has grown significantly worse, than ever before. When Timothy McVeigh bombed, no one was calling for succession from the United States.

Now, we've got to deal with redneck idiots, like Ted Nugent, the 47% comment from Romney, various state Governors mouthing off worse than before, and so on (really, this is a very long list).

I live in the south, where these kinds reside. Unfortunately. I put up with anti-Obama crap, everyday. It's just really old, sad and pathetic.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Well, remember how those anti-government types claimed that the government was behind the Sandy Hook shootings? They're back.

They're saying that the Feds planned the Boston attack.

And someone already made an article about it too:

"False flag" attack proponents wasted no time blaming the government for staging the Boston explosions to achieve their own ends, says Alex Seitz-Wald at Salon. First out of the gate was Alex Jones, who tweeted: "Our hearts go out to those that are hurt or killed #Boston marathon – but this thing stinks to high heaven #falseflag."

Then "Dan Bidondi, a 'reporter/analyist' (sic) for Alex Jones's InfoWars, managed to ask Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick the very first question in a nationally televised press conference," notes Slate's David Weigel:
                  Why were the loud speakers telling people in the audience to be calm moments before the bombs went off? Is this another false flag staged attack to take our civil liberties and promote homeland security while sticking their hands down our pants on the streets?

"Patrick, looking on with a mixture of rage and pity, said 'no,' surely aware that he couldn't halt this guy's incipient Internet fame," says Weigel.

But the inevitable Boston marathon "truthers" will have a hard time with this conspiracy theory.

There were too many cameras and witnesses to "concoct a really compelling conspiracy theory," and the real-time fact-checking on Twitter has decimated the bad information that conspiracies need to thrive.

For example, those "loud speakers" urging calm never happened.
                  Yeah...
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, remember how those anti-government types claimed that the government was behind the Sandy Hook shootings? They're back.

They're saying that the Feds planned the Boston attack.

And someone already made an article about it too:

Yeah...
                    Yes, unfortunately, I remember 'argument'; likely to be cooked-up by NRA wing-nuts, who think their guns are in danger.

...and I've seen the one about 'Fed Planning' on Tax Day, Patriot day, 'The guy on the Boston Building', the racial profiling of a Saudi student here on a Visa, false death reports (someone brought a mrconservative.com article to my attention that 'reported' the death toll was a sham, estimated it to really be in the hundreds), the 'keep calm and explode' loudspeaker nonsense, and several others... and it's only been a little over 24 fucking hours since the disaster!

I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                      The sick thing is that the department of Homeland security is going to get more power as a result of this creating a bigger police state off those murdered and injured by this.
                      i wouldn't call that the "sick" part by a long shot. i am more worried about the families being bombarded with conspiracy shit.

and besides, how could they get any more power?

Comment

Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                        i wouldn't call that the "sick" part by a long shot. i am more worried about the families being bombarded with conspiracy shit.

and besides, how could they get any more power?
                        Glad you asked, you familiar with CISPA?
                        CISPA’s sponsors are doing the same thing they did last year when confronted with serious opposition to a terrible bill: they start lying about it. First, they released a “fact vs. myth…

This isn't just your usual bullshit online surveillance, its categorizing every citizens e-mail, bank account, chats and storing them all into their new Data center.

Heres what the NSA has been up too, and I HATE having to post this crazy sounding shit...but its becoming a reality.

And the NSA's new data center
                        The National Security Agency's immensely secret project in the Utah desert will intercept, analyze, and store yottabytes of the world's communications—including yours.

What is the NSA's Utah Data Center? Is it being built to protect us from cyber attack or to store data and spy on Americans?

What about NYs police state and their "stop and frisk" policy that violates so many laws as well as certain amendments of the document that the US was founded on.

Or the Patriot acts bullshit thats had the CIA and FBI torturing terrorists, and "terrorists" for info? Or the FBI frequently creating, and then at the last minute stopping, terrorists here at home?
                        The latest terrorist plot thwarted by the FBI is yet another example of how the agency creates terrorism in order to take credit for stopping it, and scares the American people into supporting expenditures on wars and homeland security that are unnecessary and forfeiting liberties for security that is not under threat.

The reason there are so many damn 9/11 conspiracies is partially due to all the newfound power the last 2 administrations have pushed for and enforced on us as well as continue to expand upon. But also due to lots of oddities. I mean hell, even the addition of giving the government the right to indefinite detention of US citizens without trial added to the NDAA is just in-fucking-sane.

Its hard to not be paranoid when you read about shit happening, that frankly shouldn't.

Its even harder to see shit like what happened yesterday at Boston and wonder if what happened was allowed to happen, or legitimately happened to 'keep the fear alive' so that the machine an continue to grow. :/

Comment

well, my point was they are capable of anything. but the truth is, they don't give a fuck about my bank account or what i google. and frankly, i don't care either.

as long as i can provide for my family, fuck all that noise. not like we can do anything about it anyway.

and to think it happened on purpose is just sadistic man. would that make you happy, if it was allowed to happen? if the government was out to get us?

get a life ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                            and to think it happened on purpose is just sadistic man. would that make you happy, if it was allowed to happen? if the government was out to get us?

get a life ffs.
                            Glad to see we can have a mature conversation without resorting to ad hominem.

If you don't think that the government is more interested in pursuing its own interests than actually doing its job, then you're going to be in for a very rude awakening. All the constitutional violations, the Bill of rights violations, the increased defense spending on private sector jobs that monitor things at home instead of abroad on the "war on terror"...at what point does any of this sound good?

Its not sadistic, its realistic.
                            If you haven't been paying attention to all the BS the last 2 administrations have been pulling these past 12 years, then you lose the right to be upset when the shit really hits the fan.
                            Last edited by Wrathborne; 04-17-2013, 12:46 AM.

Comment

this is where you and i differ.

before the "war on terror" i would frequent terrorist websites for gore. i read everything they were saying and saw what they were doing and glorifying to their children as the way to be. ever see a 12 year old boy try to behead a man?

point being, i was all for going over there and weakening them before it boiled over to here again. i saw what they were going for first hand. no government interference. no news channel twisting anything. america would have gotten fucked alot harder if we would have never went over there.

of course the government is corrupt, everywhere there are people with power, there will be corruption. even thomas jefferson said there needed to be an armed revolution every twenty years to keep the government in line.

i don't know what your scale of a "good" government would be. i still have yet to see any as good as ours anywhere. yeah i can sit back and imagine the perfect government. only doing what people can't do for themselves, and doing it straight forward, actually putting its funds towards helping the people, instead of helping those already with money.

but this is not fantasy land. i look at the way other countries are run, and i can't help but be glad i live here.

Comment

Working...
                              X