Resident Evil Dead Aim...worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Dead Aim...worth it?

i cant believe aftr years and years this game shows up..i remembr readin about it at the time before it got released, was hoping to play it

is the game good? worth buying?

Its the best of the gun survivor, and personally i think its a pretty good game.
    Ignore the first person combat and you have a pretty good B Movie type RE game.
    I liked the story, and the ending was awesome.

Its pretty much just like any other RE game.
    And actually if you kinda think of it, its kinda like Revelations but in classic RE Form. (Set on a ship, third person play but first person combat.)

Try it.
    Its pretty cheat at gamestop. I went to my gamestop last week and it was only 4.99 including the case and manual.
    Last edited by ccrogers15; 04-16-2013, 06:19 PM.

Comment

All I remember was that the voice acting and storyline were wrist-cuttingly atrocious. Even worse than the first game, if such a thing were possible.

Comment

If you have not played it you're lucky. Stay that way.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I remember I stopped playing at a boss that couldn't see, but attacked you when you made noise. It was RE4 levels of stupidity and horrendous game design. But to each their own, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
            All I remember was that the voice acting and storyline were wrist-cuttingly atrocious. Even worse than the first game, if such a thing were possible.
            This. So much this. The story was laughably bad. The main character is probably the most unlikable character in the series for me, which is saying something since Steve makes me want to punch something.

The gameplay itself is decent I suppose and while the enemy design is somewhat interesting, its pretty bad. I found the hunters to be more comical than scary but to each their own. Its worth it if its cheap I guess. I picked up my copy for a couple of bucks at gamestop over a year ago just for the sake of having it, but I wouldn't really recommend it..

Comment

It was a failed experiment to turn RE into a shooter before it eventually turned into a shooter in 2004.

Dead Aim was a game that never caught my atention, I saw some gameplays on Youtube, and it looks like another spin-off RE in shooty plan (like ORC but without many features and with very scarce gameplay hours), and with a cast of main characters that looks like a bastardized version of Leon and Ada.

In my personal opinion, It`s not worth a buy, just like all the others spin-offs from this saga (except the Outbreaks of course)
              The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

How is it not worth the buy at only 4.99 or less? lol?
                Still good to try it. He/She might like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                  It was a failed experiment to turn RE into a shooter before it eventually turned into a shooter in 2004.

Dead Aim was a game that never caught my atention, I saw some gameplays on Youtube, and it looks like another spin-off RE in shooty plan (like ORC but without many features and with very scarce gameplay hours), and with a cast of main characters that looks like a bastardized version of Leon and Ada.

In my personal opinion, It`s not worth a buy, just like all the others spin-offs from this saga (except the Outbreaks of course)
                  I always got the vibe that they were ripping off RE2 with it. Fong Ling looks like Ada to me, and she's a secret agent as well. I thought it was a great game, but very short.
                  My Head-Fi Page

Comment

One positive for me is that the box art kicks so much ass. And generally, I found the atmosphere to be genuinely creepy.

I can't recommend it either. If you find it for like under $5, sure, go nuts. My biggest complaint, besides the kindergarten level writing and voice acting, was that the shooting aspect, ironically, was pretty shallow. You basically find a group of enemies, stand, aim, and unload. Backgrounds are never utilized in any way, and shooting enemies in vital areas does not show appropriate damage. I believe there WERE headshots, but if you get one, the zombies jump back in a cartoonish way. You can't do anything fun with their limbs, or even dismember them in any way. Really lame. In a way, the first person shooting aspect was pretty pointless.

Comment

It depends on if you like short but replayable games or long games that overstay their welcome (I tend to hate overly-long games, RE4 being a prime example). I really like Dead Aim, it's short, replayable and it's one of my favorites in the series and has a great atmosphere.

Yes, the story is crap but that goes for the entire series except for REmake -- although I don't play games for their story anyway. However I absolutely do not recommend this game unless you have the Namco Guncon. It's the difference maker with this game -- it's a blast to play with it, but the game is abysmal without it. It just is not a proper experience without the gun. And the guncon will only work with CRT televisions, you can't use an LCD screen of any kind from what I recall.

I personally love the headshots in this game, with the blood splattering all over the wall.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deus Flux View Post
                        It depends on if you like short but replayable games or long games that overstay their welcome (I tend to hate overly-long games, RE4 being a prime example). I really like Dead Aim, it's short, replayable and it's one of my favorites in the series and has a great atmosphere.

Yes, the story is crap but that goes for the entire series except for REmake -- although I don't play games for their story anyway. However I absolutely do not recommend this game unless you have the Namco Guncon. It's the difference maker with this game -- it's a blast to play with it, but the game is abysmal without it. It just is not a proper experience without the gun. And the guncon will only work with CRT televisions, you can't use an LCD screen of any kind from what I recall.

I personally love the headshots in this game, with the blood splattering all over the wall.
                        Finally someone who enjoys this.

I agree survivor and survivor 2 was bad, but give dead aim credit guys. It tried.

Comment

Dead aim was an awesome RE game with the cheesy voice acting and characters, you should give it a try sometime!

Comment

The story is decent if you can get past the woeful production values and atrocious translation. But functionally, it's a good game. Not great, but not bad.

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                            All down to the localization. That's what happens when you hire barely literate idiots to translate something and then pick a few people off the street to read the shit. The story itself isn't half-bad from a writing perspective.
                            Last edited by News Bot; 04-17-2013, 02:26 AM.
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

It's an excellent game, I had a lot of fun and finished it quite a few times. The only thing that bothered me is that you can't save, so you pretty much have to allocate 1h30-2h00 of your time to finish it. It also doesn't really have a big replay value, but it's a good experience.
                              Last edited by Rick Hunter; 04-17-2013, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X