Capcom will promote Resident Evil: Revelations in Japan with a music tie-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom will promote Resident Evil: Revelations in Japan with a music tie-in

Capcom will promote Resident Evil: Revelations in Japan with a music tie-in. The publisher is working with rock group Dragon Ash to make a music video for the song "Trigger" with scenes from Revelations.
    The special trailer will debut in mid May. Here's a preview

Source:

Well that's certainly a different approach.

Usually the only "music video tie-ins" I've seen were for movies. Madonna, eat your heart out.

Comment

They did the same for Darkside Chronicles.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I'm kinda having a hard time figuring out which Capcom games since pretty much back to the SNES days hasn't had a music artist and/or licensed music track somehow tied to its advertisement campaign. (But this one certainly was no INDESTRUCTABLE or INTO FREE)
        Last edited by Carnivol; 04-29-2013, 11:54 AM. Reason: GO! GO! GO! BIONIC!!

Comment

Couldn't they have put the money the spent on the band and the music video towards extra content for the game? -.O

Comment

Well, that sounded like shit.

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
            Couldn't they have put the money the spent on the band and the music video towards extra content for the game? -.O
            Spending money on games instead of advertisement? MADNESS!

Comment

Couple extra areas to explore and a few new cutscenes and monsters to lengthen the game a little more and have it stand out on its own...Nope, we need to advertise three times as hard...course after RE6 not making what they spent on it, that would make sense...still its the game that sells, not the advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                They did the same for Darkside Chronicles.
                And Gun Survivor 4.

"shawttt.... shawtttttttttt... gahnshawt gunshawttttt"

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                  Well that's certainly a different approach.

Usually the only "music video tie-ins" I've seen were for movies. Madonna, eat your heart out.
                  Featuring her hit single: 'Like a Tyrant'.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ew. This is as bad as Resident Evil Damnation's tie in with that girl who can't sing in English but tries to.

Comment

In relation to advertising, I enjoyed the 'live-action' promos for Bio5. They were definitely misleading, and in no way influenced my initial purchasing decision... but was neat, regardless. It vaguely reminded me of the opening intro to Bio1.

On topic of using music to promote a video game, well, they just fail. Everytime.

Quite typically, the song has absolutely nothing to with the characters, plot-line and/or series, overall. Anyone remember that lame-ass attempt from Korn to promote a Silent Hill video game? A grown man, 40+ years old, who still whines about his childhood has absolutely no business trying to hype a video game. Period.

The main problem is that companies put way too much faith into advertising. The sad truth is that it typically works, for sheep who otherwise place their faith into such propaganda.

As someone else mentioned, the money can be very-well spent elsewhere.
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I really don't like this and I didn't understand shat this was at first. The music is so bland and i hate it when japanese bands sing in japanese and english just to appeal to more audiences. I also remember the japanese singer who tried way too hard in the movie.

All in all it really is annoying that they put effort in this kind of advertising instead of bringing new content. Speaking of which the capcom facebook page posted a new revelations pic in where you seem to see a enemy... I don't recognize it?

Comment

I really don't like this and I didn't understand shat this was at first. The music is so bland and i hate it when japanese bands sing in japanese and english just to appeal to more audiences. I also remember the japanese singer who tried way too hard in the movie.

All in all it really is annoying that they put effort in this kind of advertising instead of bringing new content. Speaking of which the capcom facebook page posted a new revelations pic in where you seem to see a enemy... I don't recognize it?

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
                            Ew. This is as bad as Resident Evil Damnation's tie in with that girl who can't sing in English but tries to.
                            Its that the artist that sang the song in the credits? That song was horrible. I had to mute that sucka.
                            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X