RE Revelations Wii U Demo Out on May 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE Revelations Wii U Demo Out on May 14th

There will be a demo for RE Revelations for all consoles on May 14. According to Capcom's FY 2013 report, they are expecting to sell 1.2 million copies of the RE Revelations for all regions on all home consoles.

Source: http://stickskills.com/2013/05/09/re...coming-may-14/
    Last edited by Borman; 05-09-2013, 01:30 PM.

That information is false.

The Wii U demo will come out on the 14th, along with the PSN, XBLA and Steam versions of the demo.

SOURCE: https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/332511032851456000

@RE_Games

Prepare for a taste of the evil on board as the demo for #RERevelations comes to PSN, Xbox LIVE, Nintendo eShop and Steam on May 14th
    You should correct this story (mods? what are they paying you for? )
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

I apologize, its my mistake.

Comment

Great news, I'll be giving the Steam demo a try, I'm over the moon that it will support 5.1 sound. Finally I can put my 5.1 system to good use.

Comment

I don't think I've ever been this excited to play a demo of a game I already own.
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

1.4 million? Seems pretty high for a port release of an old 3ds game.

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
              1.4 million? Seems pretty high for a port release of an old 3ds game.
              Its 1.3 million.

That "old 3DS game" is barely a year old. Wasn't available on PS3, 360 or PC in all that time (no one was able to make an emulator either). So there are lots of people out there that have no idea what it is. Its brand new to them

Consider that RE6 made 4.9 million mainly on two platforms. Revelations is coming out on 4 platforms: PS3, 360, Wii U and PC. On the 3DS, Revelations has sold 700k in like a year. I think Revelations HD can do better on consoles during that same time frame.
              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
              sigpic

Comment

Seem to be undershooting Revelations sales imo. ORC pushed 2.2m and was a badly reviewed spin-off. Revelations HD will review much better and is a more traditional game. I reckon 3m is possible.
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

^ I really hope so. If it manages to sell more than twice as many as expected it will hopefully correct the ship at Capcom on where the direction of the franchise needs to go.

Comment

I dunno, remember when they said RE6 was gonna have more survival horror in it and it was just Leons scenario that had...well some I assume. I got bored with that scenario after about 2 hrs and stopped playing.

Comment

Forced walking in the early part of Leon's chapter aside the best scary styled moments were in his part of the game. I might not have liked the game overall but I can at least admit if you combined some of the general look and atmosphere from that with something like Rev I think I would be happy overall and it would be an improvement in the direction of the series.
                      Last edited by Rombie; 05-10-2013, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                        I dunno, remember when they said RE6 was gonna have more survival horror in it and it was just Leons scenario that had...well some I assume. I got bored with that scenario after about 2 hrs and stopped playing.
                        After playing RE6 demo... i did not even buy it (and don't even intend to)

RE5 even seems a better game now! Thanks Capcom
                        Last edited by IGUANO; 05-10-2013, 08:03 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I am still planing to write a review somewhere about RE6.

First time I played RE5 my thoughts were: This is not gonna be better then RE4.
                          First time I played RE6 my thoughts were: This is not gonna be better then RE5. Too bad really.

But to stay on topic: I loved Revelations and I can completlety say what I thought about it when I played it on the big screen at home. Can't really wait for it to be honest. 1.3 units really sounds like they don't have that much hope for this title, I on the other hand really hope that people will buy this , because it really is worth it. I'm very excited and hope this works out for Capcom ... also so they make another title like this. Gonna miss the Mercenaries though... oh well Raid Mode is a lot of fun as well.

Comment

Never played Revelations, only because i didn't intend to buy a 3DS. I'm very hyped to play it finally
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                              Forced walking in the early part of Leon's chapter aside the best scary styled moments were in his part of the game. I might not have liked the game overall but I can at least admit if you combined some of the general look and atmosphere from that with something like Rev I think I would be happy overall and it would be an improvement in the direction of the series.
                              Actually, I really, REALLY hated that bit.

"My daughters missing! We have to find her!"

Leon"Ok, lets find his daughter, but first lets have a competition to see how slow we can walk"

Helena "You're on!"

Being forced to walk for about 5-7 minutes on a part of the game that has absolutely no enemies or threats isn't suspenseful, its just wasting your time. If that part of the game was set up so you could explore a larger environment for the girl, much less where you find her being randomized and maybe actually encountering a zombie or two then things would have had some pay off.

There are other ways to get players into the atmosphere than forcing them to snail around a damn near linear path, we all know this because thats what the earlier games did.

Comment

Working...
                              X