No announcement yet.

RE Revelations Wii U Demo Out on May 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit off topic, but I noticed Resident Evil 5 has shipped another 100k in the last quarter. It shipped 100k the quarter before that. If it can ship another 200k it will be be joint as Capcoms best selling title ever with SFII SNES.

I guess the boost was from RE6 release. Think it can do it, or even beat it?
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

In RE6, Leon's campaign felt like an epic action movie. Chris's campaign felt like an epic military movie. Jake's campaign felt like an epic adventure movie. The bottom line: none of it felt like Resident Evil.

As for Revelations, I obviously hope it sells as much as possible. While I think the game has some problems (namely the linear action stages and some of the ridiculous character designs), it is a game far more fitting of the series' name than RE6 is.
      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Wrath - yeah, totally agree - I was meaning aside from that bit thus the "forced walking aside" comment What i was meaning specifically was the exploring of the Uni after the car park, the train tracks, and the city chaos. There was some great playing with light and location, and the chaos if being in the middle of an outbreak. The church wasn't too bad either but mostly it and the events between it and the Chinese portion felt like RE4 rehash.

My hope has always been to play through a RE game where you are someone who is doing their normal day to day thing and then gets caught up in an outbreak. Maybe take away some linearity and provide options and the ability to make choices like breaking into or boarding up areas too.

Edit - and when I say outbreak I mean traditional zombies, not walking around China in gas. :p
        Last edited by Rombie; 05-10-2013, 04:24 PM.

Comment

IMO RE6's biggest problem is that you play it and you're constantly being reminded of missed opportunities (man, if they had done this and that, instead of this shit here... etc.). Its frustrating for all the wrong reasons.

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
          As for Revelations, I obviously hope it sells as much as possible. While I think the game has some problems (namely the linear action stages and some of the ridiculous character designs), it is a game far more fitting of the series' name than RE6 is.
          Y'know what you say its funny... because I'm reading comments on the net... reading about what they've seen of Revelations and realizing that they actually WANT it to be an action-fest experience. Some are even complaining that the melee system in Revelations is very limited. Some want more weapons with unlimited ammo. Many more want Capcom to shoe-horn co-op in campaign mode so that two dude-bros can go at it together and kill shit. Stuff like that.

So I think that not having enough action, could actually hurt Revelations. To sell in the millions that is.

P.S. No one is really complaining about the characters though. The most bitching I read about that, is concerning Jill's face. That's basically it.
          Last edited by Pikminister; 05-10-2013, 05:42 PM.
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

Biggest missed opportunity 6 had was to have a new interesting villain, instead we got a jilted ex boyfriend who couldn't get over being dumped and ended up making a clone of Ada.

In the grand tradition of villains like Spencer, Wesker, Marcus,Saddler,Nicholai, and the Ashfords..this was the weakest choice they've ever made and it really showed they didn't have any unique ideas.

Lets face it Simmons was a Government 'spook', and as such could have had a lot more going for him motivation wise as well an actual goal...instead of the usual "Imma gonna create chaos and stuff, because!..and I want Weskers brats blood too!". Simmons just felt like another middle man who was half assing around.

This all comes from rushing a story, when there wasn't much story to begin with.
            Last edited by Wrathborne; 05-10-2013, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
              Y'know what you say its funny... because I'm reading comments on the net... reading about what they've seen of Revelations and realizing that they actually WANT it to be an action-fest experience. Some are even complaining that the melee system in Revelations is very limited. Some want more weapons with unlimited ammo. Many more want Capcom to shoe-horn co-op in campaign mode so that two dude-bros can go at it together and kill shit. Stuff like that.

So I think that not having enough action, could actually hurt Revelations. To sell in the millions that is.

P.S. No one is really complaining about the characters though. The most bitching I read about that, is concerning Jill's face. That's basically it.
              I agree with the co-op, Revelations is already a co-op game, cannot "shoe horn" it in because it already exists in at least around 80% of it. Putting in the option to switch out the AI running about with you most of the game for an actual player would not change the game at all. Unlimited ammo options to unlock once the game complete is a rather basic harmless feature also that does not detract from the game if you do not want it to.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                Biggest missed opportunity 6 had was to have a new interesting villain, instead we got a jilted ex boyfriend who couldn't get over being dumped and ended up making a clone of Ada.

In the grand tradition of villains like Spencer, Wesker, Marcus,Saddler,Nicholai, and the Ashfords..this was the weakest choice they've ever made and it really showed they didn't have any unique ideas.

Lets face it Simmons was a Government 'spook', and as such could have had a lot more going for him motivation wise as well an actual goal...instead of the usual "Imma gonna create chaos and stuff, because!..and I want Weskers brats blood too!". Simmons just felt like another middle man who was half assing around.

This all comes from rushing a story, when there wasn't much story to begin with.
                Well, RE stories are always wonky as hell. That is not a big problem. Usually.

The real problem with 6's is that the devs made it out the story to be the most important feature in the game & where they apparently placed most of their focus. Even above the gameplay. And that where they made terrible choices that had me smh.

Such as adding QTE's all over the place or the game being scripted just to fit the plotline. Like that fake "exploration" sequence you mentioned earlier with Leon and Helena. It was basically on-rails. Except with nothing to shoot at.

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                I agree with the co-op, Revelations is already a co-op game, cannot "shoe horn" it in because it already exists in at least around 80% of it. Putting in the option to switch out the AI running about with you most of the game for an actual player would not change the game at all. Unlimited ammo options to unlock once the game complete is a rather basic harmless feature also that does not detract from the game if you do not want it to.
                Actually, they would need to shoe-horn it in campaign mode because the AI partner is pretty useless. Absolutely useless. You don't depend on that partner at.all.

In fact, that partner you have in Revelations is 99.9% of the time just there to move the plotline along. Not for anything else. The 1% of the time when the partner is useful, is when you have to open gates and... that's about it. Seriously, I don't need a human partner to help me with the game AS IT IS NOW. It would be too easy and BORING.

They would need to change campaign mode quite a bit to make it interesting as a co-op experience.

So adding a human partner would require Capcom to rewrite the whole game's structure and plot. This to explain why Jessica for instance, would hang out with you at a later stage, when she's suppose to be contacting Morgan and setting up the self-destruct mechanism of the ship. Also needed: adding a considerable amount of enemies throughout the stages to please dude-bros (basically turning campaign mode into Infernal Mode mixed with Raid Mode).

And what's that? Capcom is going to do that extra work now? LOL Yeah right.
                Last edited by Pikminister; 05-11-2013, 11:38 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

...yeah, all you posted is nonsense as I said >>>>>OPTION<<<<<, meaning you can play it as is if you want. There is nothing to be lost turning the AI co-op sections into optional player co-op sections.

Comment

Man, every time you post here its like your on the rag.

I'm gonna let Wrath deal with you from now on...
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh no you don't, I'm not gonna do your dirty work.

Despite the fact I have little to no life and am a bit of a social fail doesn't mean I wan't to spend my time arguing with her over her perspective on things here. If I wanted to spend my time arguing with an angry female gamer, I'd...um...Ya know, I don't have a follow up to that comment. I don't think I've ever argued with any female gamers outside of Dracarys really.

Just ignore her best you can dude, there isn't much you can do about someone elses opinion or perspective. Some people have to be right, some people don't mind being wrong, some people just like to talk, people are people ya know?:/

As for me...I like to not get food poisoning and loose a day of work at my job, or my artistic endeavors.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                        If I wanted to spend my time arguing with an angry female gamer, I'd...um...Ya know, I don't have a follow up to that comment.
                        If you wanted to argue with a female gamer you'd try to discuss sexism in gaming on Tumblr. You'd never hear the end of it.

Comment

Yeah, I make it a point not to discuss sexism in general. Not because its not an important topic, its just a topic that someone immediately becomes "the Bad Guy" about for not agreeing with someone else entirely.

I'm not sure its a topic that we as humans are capable of talking about maturely yet.Until then there are always financial predators out there looking to make a couple thousand off people who cant seem to think straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                            ...yeah, all you posted is nonsense as I said >>>>>OPTION<<<<<, meaning you can play it as is if you want. There is nothing to be lost turning the AI co-op sections into optional player co-op sections.
                            Yes, there is. First of all you'd ruin the solo sections of the game by having a partner with you all the time and the game woud be laughably easy with a partner that can actually deal damage (AI is invincible but they can't kill anything at all).
                            If you want to play co-op there's Raid Mode, leave the Campaign alone.

Comment

So, for those who tried the demo on Wii U... Is it me or the dead zone of the joysticks is huge?

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by Alkar View Post
                                Yes, there is. First of all you'd ruin the solo sections of the game by having a partner with you all the time and the game woud be laughably easy with a partner that can actually deal damage (AI is invincible but they can't kill anything at all).
                                If you want to play co-op there's Raid Mode, leave the Campaign alone.
                                @ Bolded, FFS, how hard is it to grasp having a human partner in the parts that are already co-op?

@ Difficulty - I guess Raid mode is ruined by co-op, since you can play that solo or co-op.

Stupid excuses.

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                                So, for those who tried the demo on Wii U... Is it me or the dead zone of the joysticks is huge?
                                I've read that a number of places.
                                Last edited by Dracarys; 05-14-2013, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X