Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Xbox One" has awesome games. Haters are missing out. (So is most of Europe now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Xbox One" has awesome games. Haters are missing out. (So is most of Europe now)

Xbox One Thread
    Click image for larger version

Name:	250px-Xbox_One_Console_and_Controller.png
Views:	1
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	406224

SPECS:
    RAM: 8GB
    CONNECTIVITY: Wifi
    SERVICE: Xbox Live (Subscription fee required)
    INPUT: Kinect (Required), Standard controller
    OUTPUT: HDMI
    BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY: No
    PRE OWNED GAMES: Yes, but only if you pay a fee to activate.

MEDIA: Digital, Blu Ray

CONFIRMED GAMES:
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
    Battlefield 4
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Destiny
    FIFA 14
    Forza Motorsport 5
    Madden NFL 25
    NBA Live 14
    Quantum Break
    Ryse
    Thief
    UFC
    Watch Dogs
    Other: To play online, its requires internet and a fee (Unlike all other consoles). System also requires kinect to be used at all times.
    -------

What do you think of the xbox one? Love it? Piece of Crap?
    No
    85.29%
    Yes
    14.71%
    Last edited by ccrogers15; 05-22-2013, 10:24 AM.

It also apparently has mandatory installs for games, which means you'll have to install up to 50 gigs (remember, they're using blu-rays now) onto the 500 gig hard drive, along with any DLC, Arcade games, etc you have.

Can't say I'm impressed at all and my platform of choice this gen was 360. I'm leaning more and more towards PS4 next gen.

Comment

Hilarious, gaming companies are actively trying to kill off their own business. And "Xbox one"? Dumb name. That system was released in like what, 2001?
      Last edited by Deus Flux; 05-21-2013, 03:18 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Just a small thing: The thread was titled: Xbox One requires a fee to play used games.

But apparently it was ok for an admin to change the title.

Comment

They changed the title so it can be a general thread for Xbox One discussion.

How revolutionary. Lets skype and watch TV on our new gaming system, paying fees to play pre-owned games, requiring Kinect to even function, zero backwards compatibility (atleast PS4 has the cloud), and even allowing devs and encouraging to include online-only single player games.

Have console manufacturers gone mad.

Comment

Well MS made the choice for my next gen console very easy.

Comment

Microsoft is fucking up BIG TIME. The whole second hand fee is gonna turn down LOTS of people. Same goes with retrocompatibility (Sony is guilty of this too... Added value people).

If you're a console gamer then PS4 seems the choice. But to be honest, I think PC and Steam is the way to go on this so-called "next gen".

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Xbox One does require internet connection once every day

I just. wat. I don't understand. What are they trying to achieve?
                Last edited by Gradon; 05-21-2013, 06:13 PM.

Comment

I very rarely buy games brand new unless it's something I really want so I buy it on release day, all the games I buy are pre owned so now I have to pay to play them?? are you kidding? what a way to make people just pay full price and buy new

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
                    Well MS made the choice for my next gen console very easy.
                    this reminds me of your sig.
                    Last edited by J0shuaKane; 05-21-2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

The best part about all of this is that it all seems like a joke. Like, Microsoft seriously wouldn't be this dumb, would they? They're seriously shooting themselves in the foot and digging their own grave while they're at it. Not quite sure who thought any of this was a good idea...

Comment

More updates include:

500gb HDD cannot be changed.
                        The 'fee' for pre-owned games is the price of a full game - this is also present when you lend the game to a friend.

Comment

Microsoft.. WTF... Well PS4 it is then. They are fucking up big time.
                          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

HDD isn't a big issue since they are dropping their dumb propietary solution (which was a normal laptop hdd in a case with a special format) and allowing the unrestricted use of USB HDDs.

But the pre-owned ordeal is just crazy and gets worse and worse. So technically they want to force you to go full digital, and kill both pre-owned sales and rental services.

However, Harrison went on to add, you will be able to sell your Xbox One games online, so the concept of used games isn’t dead. ”We will have a solution—we’re not talking about it today—for you to be able to trade your previously-played games online,” Harrison said.
                            Translation: You will be able to sell your game at the price we say and having our cut in the process.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

It's all fucked up. There is a ton of backlash about this going around the net. Even on the xbox official forums people are enraged.
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                              X