• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stickied for greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
      @imacwesker

I apologise if this is the wrong place to ask, but were you the one who originally unearthed this famous photograph?
      Yes, check my website: http://survivhor.biohazardfrance.net.../03/index.html

If so, or even if not, do you know anything more about the event, date, photographer, etc?
      No, it was used by Famitsu to illustrate an article about why Capcom did cancel RE1.5 (same link as above). Famitsu often used images/pictures without providing any background information about them.
      In my opinion - but that's only my opinion, based on the position of the arms from the guy is the tagged jacket, this picture shows a playable demo of RE1.5. The players may be journalists. The screens 'booth" seem to be related with a press event (either a Tokyo Game Show or something more private and "for the press only")
      Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

Clearly it's from post-PSM era that's for sure, perhaps a potential source for the 80% build?
        Last edited by Guest; 06-07-2013, 12:21 PM.

Comment

I've seen it mentioned several times that the Japanese aren't particularly interested in 1.5. Do we have have any contacts over there? Establishing strong connections with the JP fanbase may help surface a copy from journalism leftovers from back in the day. Especially if they're mostly unaware of the immense desire there is for 1.5 builds.
          sigpic
          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Originally posted by Graco View Post
            I've seen it mentioned several times that the Japanese aren't particularly interested in 1.5. Do we have have any contacts over there? Establishing strong connections with the JP fanbase may help surface a copy from journalism leftovers from back in the day. Especially if they're mostly unaware of the immense desire there is for 1.5 builds.
            This has been mentioned many times but nobody really has the money to travel to Japan and live there while specifically trying to hunt down contacts and bargain with them. This is something that has happened many times in the past in different communities, I remember specifically some old and forever lost Kung Fu movies have been found in this exact same way, but the money required to make a venture like this possible is just unrealistic for the average RE fan.

Comment

Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
              Famitsu often used images/pictures without providing any background information about them.
              Thanks for the information. The reason this photograph intrigues me is that this unknown photographer almost certainly took more than one photograph of a demo station at this event. I'll try to reach out to some contacts at Famitsu (it's a long shot, but it couldn't hurt right?).

Originally posted by geluda View Post
              Clearly it's from post-PSM era that's for sure, perhaps a potential source for the 80% build?
              Indeed, post-PSM era for sure (the 2F Lift Hall is depicted). It's a possibility that this is the very build that Kim's source got his paws on.

Originally posted by geluda View Post
              This has been mentioned many times but nobody really has the money to travel to Japan and live there while specifically trying to hunt down contacts and bargain with them.
              I plan to move to Japan for work, and one of my friends has a friend who used to work for Capcom's Osaka office. I'll see what I can do ;-)...

Comment

Thanks for the information. The reason this photograph intrigues me is that this unknown photographer almost certainly took more than one photograph of a demo station at this event. I'll try to reach out to some contacts at Famitsu (it's a long shot, but it couldn't hurt right?).
                Not necessarily. Remember, it was the film era

Comment

@imacwesker

I apologise if this is the wrong place to ask, but were you the one who originally unearthed this famous photograph?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8844[/ATTACH]

If so, or even if not, do you know anything more about the event, date, photographer, etc?
                  I think I may of tracked down where this took place, there's some footage of a woman showing various game demos to some guy including sonic xtreme, the room looks exactly the same.

Comment

The guy is great!

Comment

Working...
                    X