Capcom BBS/Unity BULLSHlT hypocrisy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom BBS/Unity BULLSHlT hypocrisy

Hey all, I don't come here often but I wanted to get something off my chest.

Have you ever noticed that the Capcom Unity forums require you to enter your date of birth before proceeding into the Resident Evil section? Seems reasonable enough, after all the game is ESRB Mature 17+. Once there, however, your language is censored and any attempt to circumvent it is met with chastisement from the holier-than-thou moderators. But wait a minute... the title of this thread isn't appropriate for people who are old enough to play video games containing such language in the first place?

Couldn't have said it better myself, Bill.

I reported my latest "profanity-ridden" (albeit recently censored) post to the administrator in the form of the following concise message:

This user has posted various profanities on a number of occasions within the Resident Evil section of this forum. These profanities might be offensive to users under the age of 17 who visit this section by providing false dates of birth.

I don't think my little quixotic crusade will change much, but at least it might get someone thinking. And to think that I've been a member there for over ten years now...

Never really cared for the nonsense profanity rules (even though you can't even use "Dick" as a name which is just absolutely wrong). Though one or two of the moderators pretty much have their heads stored tightly within their ass.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I doubt they care about your age, they just want registered users to log in

Comment

Originally posted by Code_R View Post
        I doubt they care about your age, they just want registered users to log in
        If I follow a hyperlink into a Resident Evil thread without having first logged in, the DOB prompt is displayed.

Comment

I presumed it was for everything, but I realise it's just those other games I wanted to look at.

The bigger the company, the bigger the amount of red tape.
          Last edited by Code_R; 06-09-2013, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Exactly, it's just like that, it's a big company etcetera etc there's probably some edict somewhere from the legal department and that's that. I don't feel it's necessary to use language though so I don't really care.
            Last edited by The_15th; 06-09-2013, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              Never really cared for the nonsense profanity rules (even though you can't even use "Dick" as a name which is just absolutely wrong). Though one or two of the moderators pretty much have their heads stored tightly within their ass.
              But what if it IS your first name - or a form thereof, as in my case? "Richard?" *sigh*
              Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
              Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by RMandel View Post
                But what if it IS your first name - or a form thereof, as in my case? "Richard?" *sigh*
                I know, that's my point.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                X