RE2 (GC) Vs. RE3 (GC) [Need buying advice]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE2 (GC) Vs. RE3 (GC) [Need buying advice]

I'm in a bit of a quandary over this, maybe you guys can help. I've been looking to buy both of these titles for quite some time now, and I've finally decided to start with one. Being that they are both nearly forty big ones, and it will be a while before I pick up the next one, I need advice. This is how I've been looking at it.

RE2 +Pros & -Cons:
    + It's my favorite game in the series
    + It is the mildly cheaper option
    - I've already played through two of the scenarios
    RE3 +Pros & -Cons:
    + Only played a few minutes of the game, so it would be new
    - It's the most expensive
    - Not sure if I'll like it. Probably will, but can't be sure.
    Even though RE2 is the logical winner, the fact that I haven't played RE3 is really enticing. I leave it up to you guys. xD
    Resident Evil 2 (Gamecube)
    60.00%
    Resident Evil 3 (Gamecube)
    40.00%
    Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 06-30-2013, 11:49 AM.
    sigpic

I will go with RE2 GC if i were you, one of the main features of this port it's the ability to skip any cutscene in the game, which is a feature that is already present in all RE3 ports, faster loading time, but it doesn't have the features of the dreamcast version like gallery and extra difficulty modes ! Also the CGI cutscenes in the GC ports runs at 60fps unlike the ps1's compressed 30fps, but if you haven't played RE3 yet, you should definitely grab the GC port !

Comment

The PC version of 3 is the best by a mile (Xplosiv version).
      Dreamcast version of 2 is pretty much the best (runs like shit on PC unless you have the Sourcenext version).

In regards to which one, I'd say 3.

Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
      I will go with RE2 GC if i were you, one of the main features of this port it's the ability to skip any cutscene in the game, which is a feature that is already present in all RE3 ports, faster loading time, but it doesn't have the features of the dreamcast version like gallery and extra difficulty modes ! Also the CGI cutscenes in the GC ports runs at 60fps unlike the ps1's compressed 30fps, but if you haven't played RE3 yet, you should definitely grab the GC port !
      There are no 60fps cutscenes in any version. The PS1 versions are 15fps. GameCube/Dreamcast/PC are 30fps.
      Last edited by News Bot; 06-30-2013, 12:08 PM.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Comment

take RE2, it runs smooth and has anti aliasing on 3d models. And we are at a 1.5 vibe anyway!

u better play on a component wii or a crt tv dude!

Comment

Go with Resident Evil 3 if you haven't finished it.

Resident Evil 2 you can always go back to later in one form or another and whore to your heart's content (+it'll probably be cooler to do a replay of 2 once the 1.5 stuff is done/out and be able to compare things and such.)

Comment

If you haven't played BH3: Last Escape yet (the first one I've ever played and one of the best ever made), then please do yourself a favour and purchase this one. That being said, I own both games on Gamecube and they are great but don't seem too much better than the DC versions (which were a huge step up from the PS1 versions, with which I began).

---

News Bot, can you explain why the PC version is best?

Comment

Dreamcast and PC versions are "generally" the same (except from that the PC versions can of course push things one step further on taking advantage of extra computing power in terms of resolution and filtering and what not + mods), but if you go for the SourceNext (japan only) version of RE2, at least, you can get the game with DVD quality FMVs, which is kinda neat on its own, I suppose.

Comment

RE2 for Game Cube has a big flaw: no Hard mode, so you probably won´t find any challenge on it.
                  And if you didn´t played RE3, then go with RE3. You can get a better RE2 on PC.
                  The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                    except from that the PC versions can of course push things one step further on taking advantage of extra computing power in terms of resolution and filtering and what not
                    As far as RE2's native 320x240 backgrounds are concerned, the extra resolution is about as useful as your XBOX 360's HD-DVD accessory.

Comment

HEY!
                      I've got 40+ HD-DVDs for that thing (I actually have two of that "thing", and with the movies, I probably paid $50 for it all), thank you very much! ;D (+it reads regular DVDs too, and I don't have to remove the game from the machine if I wanna pop in a movie!)

But, yeah, the background render res is ASS, but some (really weird) people for some reason thinks things looks "better" if they upscale the background render to some weird ass letterboxed (or god forbid; stretched) HD resolution and apply some stylistically inconsistant hi-res rendering of those 3D models while they're at it
                      Last edited by Carnivol; 06-30-2013, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                        RE2 for Game Cube has a big flaw: no Hard mode, so you probably won´t find any challenge on it.
                        And if you didn´t played RE3, then go with RE3. You can get a better RE2 on PC.
                        Yeah. That's a big flaw. xD

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                        Go with Resident Evil 3 if you haven't finished it.

Resident Evil 2 you can always go back to later in one form or another and whore to your heart's content (+it'll probably be cooler to do a replay of 2 once the 1.5 stuff is done/out and be able to compare things and such.)
                        Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                        If you haven't played BH3: Last Escape yet (the first one I've ever played and one of the best ever made), then please do yourself a favour and purchase this one. That being said, I own both games on Gamecube and they are great but don't seem too much better than the DC versions (which were a huge step up from the PS1 versions, with which I began).
                        Even though the votes are tied, I think I'm going with RE3.
                        sigpic

Comment

Comment

I don't think I've ever said anything like this before, but you should spam this thread with "omg so awesome!!1" moments as you play through the game.

Comment

Working...
                            X