No announcement yet.

Disc Smasher / Bio Disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I added a new version to the first post; included are 'lconvert' and 'stripiso'.

Additionally, I added support for the following titles:

SLPS_01512 Bio Hazard Director's Cut Dual Shock
    SLPS_01510 Bio Hazard 2 Dual Shock (Leon)
    SLPS_01511 Bio Hazard 2 Dual Shock (Claire)
    SLUS_90009 Resident Evil 2 Trial Edition
    SLUS_00421 Resident Evil 2 (Leon)
    SLUS_00592 Resident Evil 2 (Claire)
    SLUS_00748 Resident Evil 2 Dual Shock (Leon)
    SLUS_00756 Resident Evil 2 Dual Shock (Claire)
    SLPS_02300 Bio Hazard 3 Last Escape
    SLUS_90064 Resident Evil 3 Nemesis Trial Edition
    SLUS_00923 Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Thanks for post STRIPISO!!

Well, finally I can rebuild BH2 Beta v2!!! the game work, but the CAPCOM intro video not work, in his stead play 2 different videos... is that a bug of the tool? or is some error of me?

Also, I try to rebuild "BH2 Trial Edition" without the "extra files", it rebuild, but when I try it in emulator, not work...

I change the wrong LBA by 23, like you sayd me.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? maybe I should include the "extra files" to the game work?

I have another small question: If I replace a small RDT file by a larger one, it will work correctly?

Again, thanks a lot for your atention and help, Mark!

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
        Thanks for post STRIPISO!!

Well, finally I can rebuild BH2 Beta v2!!! the game work, but the CAPCOM intro video not work, in his stead play 2 different videos... is that a bug of the tool? or is some error of me?

Also, I try to rebuild "BH2 Trial Edition" without the "extra files", it rebuild, but when I try it in emulator, not work...

I change the wrong LBA by 23, like you sayd me.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? maybe I should include the "extra files" to the game work?

I have another small question: If I replace a small RDT file by a larger one, it will work correctly?

Again, thanks a lot for your atention and help, Mark!
        I've never experienced or heard about that 'two-video' bug from testers...

The Bio2/RE2 trial exe is a tricky one - you may just want to reinclude the RockMan Neo data, until you gain a little more experience with the app and the output results.

As stated in the readme, the LBA value could need to be changed (try 22, or perhaps 24). You must take into consideration how your new cd image is going to be (re)built to properly obtain that number. If it fails to boot, check the ISO in CDmage to ensure that you've set the LBA correctly. *For reference, all this LBA nonsense will be removed in a future version.

Yes, you can replace/remove any RDT you wish, and it will work; just be sure not to remove the entry from the 'filelist'.

EDIT: One more thing I forgot to add - you cannot add files to a Bio/RE disc that weren't there to begin with.

For example, if ROOM7000.RDT doesn't exist on the original disc, you can't just add it to the proper directory and expect the executable to read it.

This is not a bug of 'discsmasher'; it is a copyright/modification-prevention method used by CAPCOM in their proprietary functions to read data from disc.

Specifically, the executables index each file located on disc - if it wasn't there at production time, there's no entry for it. In order to expand the filelist struct located in exes, one must expand it with assembly hacks.

This does not apply to non-CAPCOM games.
        Last edited by MeganGrass; 07-04-2013, 01:20 PM.
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Nice work, interesting app, definitely going check it out. I will say one thing about disabling the check, it allows replacing files after the image is build which is pretty useful.
          And nice to see xa_extract getting used for something

Comment

First at all, thanks for the new version, Mark!!!

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
            I've never experienced or heard about that 'two-video' bug from testers...
            Really, here a video I made to show you that bug I talk:
            MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

As for the BH2 Trial Edition, I think I know what is the problem, because I open the original ISO of game with CDmage and I see that "COMMON" is not the first folder, but "ZMOVIE", second is "PL0" and third is "COMMON". Look this image:

Here the link of the image, in case you can't see it: http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8173/jdn.png

So when I rebuild it, changes the original LBA order of the folders, maybe it cause the game not work?

I try to change the previous order structure of the "filelist" by this:
            MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

But not cause effect in the order of the folders, after I rebuild the game...

Maybe I wrong, I hope you can clarify this for me, thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by RekseW View Post
              Nice work, interesting app, definitely going check it out. I will say one thing about disabling the check, it allows replacing files after the image is build which is pretty useful.
              And nice to see xa_extract getting used for something
              Thanks!

Well, I kinda agree with you about the disabled checksums, but, that method is absolutely no good fro large-scale modifications. But, for replacement of singular files? Sure.

Also, this may sound strange, but I kinda dislike 'hack-ey' stuff like that (disabled checksum routines, etc).

I plan to replace 'xa_extract' with my own written functionality

@DarkBio - I'll check it out, and get back to you.

EDIT: Someone brought to my attention that I should do something to thwart a "fake beta/prototype" attempts. To that I say, I'm already one step ahead of you. ;P
              Last edited by MeganGrass; 07-05-2013, 01:11 PM.
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                @DarkBio - I'll check it out, and get back to you.
                Thanks Mark! I'll be waiting.

EDIT:

I have more errors to report:

Apparently BH2 Beta v2 has difficulties to play correctly the .XAS (voices) files. I make a video to show you:

Also I try to rebuild RE2 Preview (SLUS_90009) now, and it is exactly the same as with BH2 Trial (not work), probably because of the different order (LBA) of the folders, after rebuild it.

Here a image of the original RE2 Preview .ISO opened in CDmage, there you can see that the order of the folders is exactly the same as with BH2 Trial:

Here the link to the image in case you can't see it: http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/9024/4oh.png

If all this are bugs of Disc Smasher, I hope that my reports will be helpful for you to fix it.

Thanks for your attention.
                Last edited by Dark Biohazard; 07-06-2013, 11:19 AM.

Comment

today I wanted to try the "Disc Smasher" on my win7 64Bit machine but the "buildcd.exe" doesn't work with 64 Bit machines... Shame on it. Any other possibility to run "Disc Smasher" on Win 7 64 Bit??
                  "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

Does this make the disc bootable without soft or hard modding?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                      Does this make the disc bootable without soft or hard modding?
                      No this Tool is for modding PSX Games. It rebuilds the Game which you wanna modd.
                      "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

Is there any real mods or software that makes a game boot without any sort of modding to a console? I would only want it for the IGAS build of 1.5 so I can play it on my PS2.

Comment

AFAIK without the swapmagic or FREEMCBOOT there is no other way to play copys on your not modded PS2. But hey you'll find a modded ps1 for at least 20 $ or less.
                          "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

I will share with you a special package I made ready to mod 1.5 (PVB), it include a hacked PSX.EXE with deactivated checksums (thanks to Wes67!) and a fixed CAPCOM.STR. ;)

All you have to do is just put the folder "re15" to "C:/" unity, copy the missing 1.5 files to the "DISC" folder, replace the files by the ones you want and run "rebuild_bio1.5.bat" and wait a few of seconds/minutes (according to your PC speed).

Download:

Note: This tool don't show you a window with the rebuilding process, I will show you what should to happen when it is working correctly:

STEP 1 (when you just run "rebuild_bio1.5.bat" appers a window by a few of seconds and disappears, after those 6 files appers, you can see that the "DISC.IMG" size is increasing, it take a time):

STEP 2 (some of the files disappers, what the tool is doing there is converting "DISC.IMG" to .BIN format, it take a time):

STEP 3 (finally, when it finish, should stay those 3 files):

I hope this does not bother you Mark, I just decided to make this package for people interested in mod 1.5, can do it easily. ;)

Hope you have fun with it!

Comment

What exactly did he disable all the checks are still their in little endian
                              My tool automatically regenerates these from the files stored in the PSX folder then patches the PSX.EXE with new values, ready to be reinserted with cdmage.

Attached Files
                              Last edited by Mikhail; 04-08-2014, 05:07 AM.

Comment

I don't mind at all, darkbio.

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                                What exactly did he disable all the checks are still their in little endian
                                My tool automatically regenerates these from the files stored in the PSX folder then patches the PSX.EXE with new values, ready to be reinserted with cdmage.
                                ...looks like an unnecessary pain in the ass. You really need to look into data types and how they are handled at machine code level before even considering to talk about endian.

DiscSmasher simply updates the LBA table with new file sizes, sector information and integrity check sum at compile time, thus, completely bypassing having to manually update the table per entry.

This tool doesn't disable the integrity check sum, however. Obviously, that requires another form of hacking... though, DiscSmasher is completely compatible with checksum-disabled executables.
                                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Working...
                                X