Resident Evil 2 Game wont Launch: "Failed to initialize Directx(R)."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 2 Game wont Launch: "Failed to initialize Directx(R)."

So it all worked perfectly for me. Until I updated my Radeon Card Drivers due to me getting a pretty new game.
    And now, after that, when I attempt to go on Resident Evil 2, I click Play on the Launcher, and I get that error: "Failed to initialize Directx(R)."

My Specs are:
    Windows 7: 64bit
    Radeon HD 6870 1GB
    4x 2GB 1600MHZ RAM Sticks.
    AMD Phenom II X6 Core 3.2 GHZ

Does anyone know of anyway to fix this error?

Your specs are the "problem." It's a Windows 98 game. Never got it to work myself, so all I can say is good luck.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
      Your specs are the "problem." It's a Windows 98 game. Never got it to work myself, so all I can say is good luck.
      That's clearly not the issue, as I explained, before I updated my ATI Video Card Drivers; every aspect of the game worked perfectly. I had no problems. And that was on the very same system.
      So I just need to know how to fix this newly surfaced error that was not present before:
      When I try to launch the game with the .exe, I get that error: "Failed to Initialize Directx(R)."
      Also, using the Video options: System Memory or Video Memory. It works still, but with less performance/Quality.
      So for some reason, this update has made the Old GPU options not choosable, and causes that error. For some odd reason, while before the update it did not.
      Last edited by Cryorex; 07-08-2013, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Oh, that's two oddities then.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

The driver software update here is obviously the problem, if that is the only change you did to the system. Most likely the new drivers have changed the way your programs interface with the hardware, I've had this happen to me too once or twice. Try tweaking the driver settings. Also, 32-bit versus 64-bit might be the issue here, since you're running a 64-bit system. If the old drivers were 32-bit and the new drivers are 64-bit, that could be your problem. Did you also update DirectX?

If adjusting driver settings doesn't work, consider rolling back to the old drivers. OR, consider buying a period correct, old Win98 rig. You can get those old junkers for chump change now.

Comment

set all exe files in compatibility mode, it worked for me.

Comment

Working...
            X