Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A timeline of RE15's history and the hunt for it (1996-2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking about my custom book cover? It was inspired by Umbrella Rising. I'm also remaking the Umbrella Rising box art and it's looking good.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
      Talking about my custom book cover? It was inspired by Umbrella Rising. I'm also remaking the Umbrella Rising box art and it's looking good.
      I will have to send Rammy the link when you finish. He'll get a kick out of it. We planned that for a few weeks only to have it unravel in a few hours. Imacwesker was the guy who picked it apart straight away recognising the Psycho 2 cover. Speaking of...

@imacwesker - My apologies for some reason I always assumed you had SuvivHor up by the end of 1998. Aside from E-O I spent most of my time in late 98 and early 99 at GX Site and Forums (which eventually became the base of of the very first version of 1up). I remember you having Play 2 Power maybe I just confused the two.

@Scream - Ah I didn't know you'd only really been around the scene since then. The TRG guys were only really the only webmasters I seeming had issues with. Not me personally but they never seemed to want to talk to me. Dunno why.

My designs were shit until 2000, so I am surpised I ever made sites at all too. Haha. Evil Online and Evil Gaming Network has great designs even in the early days, as did Tom's Resident Evil Extreme and later Survival Horror site which I also wrote for. And of course BIOHAZARDextreme and related sites of course.
      Last edited by Rombie; 07-23-2013, 09:16 PM.

Comment

I remember one of the "Extreme" sites had Resident Evil hentai.

Those were dark, dark times. I did not need to see a Licker's tongue used in that way.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post

Those were dark, dark times. I did not need to see a Licker's tongue used in that way.
          Resident Evil Hentai made Zombies and Lickers terrify me even more as a different type of "flesh eater". I wish I could brain bleach some of those images I unfortunately stumbled across on such websites back in the day. XD

Comment

What's worse is that I had no idea what "hentai" meant at the time so it's not like it was avoidable.

Comment

We all remember the guy who posted Nemesis on Jill Hentai on here........

Comment

Biohazard Extreme had a hentai section if I remember correctly. I still have the last revision of that site on a DVD somewhere...
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                  Biohazard Extreme had a hentai section if I remember correctly. I still have the last revision of that site on a DVD somewhere...
                  FUCKING SCARY!!!

Comment

Rombie, here you go:

Click image for larger version

Name:	COVER3.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	403186

And to everyone, here's the original image:

Click image for larger version

Name:	RE4a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	403185

And I also found my complete back-up of BIOFLAMES for Geocities. Oh man this brings back memories! I still have a copy of, what was the site, BH-HC? I think it was Biohazard Hardcore or something like that. I have the whole site on a few discs.
                    Last edited by Zombie_X; 07-23-2013, 10:58 PM.
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

As long as we're sharing images, here's something I whipped up not long ago ....

This is supposed to be a fair representation of the 40% build disc that Capcom Japan shipped to Capcom USA on 6 November 1996 - hence the date on the disc. If Capcom USA ever made any additional "official" copies of their own after they received it, I've no clue whether they'd be like this or done up in a special pressing with custom silk-screened labels.

Mind you, the actual label will probably be handwritten instead of nicely typed. There's also apparently several different variations of official PlayStation CD-Rs, so what's silk-screened onto the disc might be arranged a bit differently per variation.

We know it was an official black-bottom disc because we saw the bottom of the Curator's copy in his Goromacida video. The rest is surmise and guesswork.

May this reconstructed image help put an end to any potential future RE15 fakers on eBay.
                      Last edited by RMandel; 07-24-2013, 12:40 AM.
                      Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                      Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

@Zombie_X - Haha, brilliant. One correct, tag in the top corner should be NTSC J. Worth noting Rammy design this when the PS2 box art and concept hadn't been finalised other than the logo, thus the DVD logo etc.

What's worse is that I had no idea what "hentai" meant at the time so it's not like it was avoidable.
                        Excluding the fact that if it was the one on BIOHAZARDextreme/BHX you would have to ignore the "R18/Graphic sexual content" splash page preceeding it... so it was avoidable, you just chose to ignore that part... :p

Comment

Sure but by that time I'd already grown accustomed to those warnings being pointless half the time.

Comment

Sure but by that time I'd already grown accustomed to those warnings being pointless half the time.
                            Everytime i stare at your aya i think, cloud with boobs.
                            Last edited by Darkness; 07-24-2013, 05:00 PM.

Comment

fantastic work as always mandel

Comment

Nice! I have no problem with posting cool stuff in separated threads, because mine's enourmous and I'm not as active as I wish, so I hardly update the first post.

30 March 1996

- RE1 is released (remake of SWEET HOME with design cues from ALONE IN THE DARK).
                                It coins the term "survival horror" from its Load Saved Game tagline ("You have
                                once again entered into the world of survival horror ...."). It proves to be
                                so successful that Capcom immediately begins planning for a sequel.
                                Actually they clearly define the game as Survival Horror, it's not because of the load text, in the japanese version of CAPCOM PS games (at least from some time) the game's genre is always indicated in the cover art. Biohazard's cover indicates clearly that it is from the "Survival Horror" genre just like Street Fighter Zero's cover has "VS FIGHTING" on it.

22 November 2007

- A supposedly Japanese YouTube user posts a supposed video of RE15 as an
                                advertisement for selling the game. A tune that will haunt RE15 fans for
                                years can be heard playing in the background during the first two-thirds of
                                the footage - "You Sexy Thing" by Hot Chocolate. (...)
                                This is the infamous "Goromacinda" video, made by pointing a handheld camera
                                at a PlayStation Portable. It is difficult to watch due to the bad angles at
                                which the PSP's built-in LCD screen is frequently positioned and the wobbling
                                of the hand-held camera.
                                It's Goromacida without the 'n', and unless I'm remembering a different video, it was a PSOne with a portable LCD screen addon, absolutely not PSP...
                                Last edited by Aleff; 07-24-2013, 08:58 PM.
                                Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

Working...
                                X