Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to view or extract the 'invisible' geometry from classic RE games???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to view or extract the 'invisible' geometry from classic RE games???

What I wanted to ask was, is it possible to extract the 'hidden' or 'invisible' geometry from each of the camera shots in the game that gives the illusion of depth for the characters to walk in 3d space?

If you lot know what I am talking about, is it possible to do with this tool may I ask?

I hope you guys understand what I'm saying, if not please let me know and I will try to explain better. Thanks and great job once again!

Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
    What I wanted to ask was, is it possible to extract the 'hidden' or 'invisible' geometry from each of the camera shots in the game that gives the illusion of depth for the characters to walk in 3d space?

If you lot know what I am talking about, is it possible to do with this tool may I ask?

I hope you guys understand what I'm saying, if not please let me know and I will try to explain better. Thanks and great job once again!
    Currently possible for Bio 1 and 2. You can export the boundary data to a 3D suite such as 3DSMax.
    sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

Ohhh right, that;s great! and the fact I also use 3ds max

So, how do I go about this may I ask?

Comment

This should be in the modding forum in hindsight.

Are you looking to modify the original games or is this for something else? The tools you need will require you have the original games regardless.

You'll need RE2 BCC and RE2CE.

sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

Ahhh, that's great, I will look it up!

It is for something else, I just want to be able to view the boundary data as geometry in 3ds max. I'm assuming this is a possibility right?

Comment

Yes, you can see them.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh right, cool!

Do you know if they will turn out like a simplified geometry as if the scene was actually modelled? or just a box layer on the ground plane indicating your space that you'll be walking in??

Comment

RE2BCC

RE2CE

sigpic

Comment

Woah woah woah...!

Hold on, that second image, what game is that one from may I ask???

Comment

Looks like the keeper's bedroom/tiger head room hall from RE1.

Comment

From the Resident Evil Remake I'm assuming???

Comment

No, that's from the original.
                        sigpic

Comment

That's from the original RE1??? That cant be right, there's much more detail in that than what was needed!

Also, the lamps on the walls differ slightly between the two:

http://v028o.popscreen.com/eGxlMmU5M...-02---jill.jpg (not the best image I know but the closest I could find)

Comment

Found a clearer shot of the same angle!:

Comment

Trust me, it's Bio 1. The user who created the script did create custom renders but it is from the original.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X