Famitsu RE5 Scans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famitsu RE5 Scans

Some scans have been leaked from a Chinese(?) Famitsu mag. As usual they are terribly compressed, but you can still make out some things in them.

Xfactor has kindly translated the scans, a huge thanks goes to him!

pg1
    Its been 2 years since we last got a news update on Bio5. News for Biohazard 5, the latest entry in the series responsible for coining the term 'survival horror', has been revealed. The main character for the title is Chris Redfield, who is also the main protagonist in the first game. He also made an appearance in Code: Veronica, where he travels to save his younger sister, and is considered the 'main character' for the series. What he's going to face in "5", is a crazed group of people in a desert zone. Right now, we'll shows what Jun Takeuchi have to say about the game, as well as the messages of the previous episodes. This is what the world has been waiting for.

pg2
    "5" talks about war. The area seems to have some sort of racial quarrel, and its a bizzare place with no justice nor evil. There's no more S.T.A.R.S, but for some reason Chris still gets involve in the incident. There's a "BSAA" patch on his shoulder, if you are observant enough. Takeuchi stated "Something occurred, and the organisation send him there."

The enemy is neither a zombie nor ganado. Takeuchi described them to be 'human-like with intelligence'. From the shots, we can see a massive amount of enemies on screen. In comparison to '4', the enemies behave closest to the ganado in the village. What is Chris fighting for? Actually, these screens were shown over at the E3 event. In the trailer, Chris mumble to himself 'what am I fighting for?' Maybe his inner thought is one of the things that the game will be portraying.

pg 3
    The 'structure' of the game seems simliar to '4', where the game character got shifted to the lower left corner when aiming. However, Jun Takeuchi stated that there's a 'secret weapon' (or maybe just an expression, not literally a weapon) in the beginning of 5. He spoke of the evolution to what is expected for a Biohazard game, and that he's not making the game with the aim of just going back to the root nor fixing what's broken. Its a true evolution.

pg 4
    Now we have here is the follow-up interview to what we've heard from Jun Takeuchi 2 years ago. Besides questions concerning the screenshots, the interview will also contain things like the thoughts from the developers, among others. Furthermore, the screenshots that's accompanying this interview are taken from the E3 trailer. The HD version of the trailer will be available on July 27 through XBox Live and PS Network. The trailer IS NOT CG, and they are in real-time. Now go drool over the quality of the screenshots and then return to this interview.

- After 2 years of silence, the breaking of the news surprised us
    When we were thinking what to do for a new generation Biohazard game, we always look at Shinji Mikami's '4'. That game is like the peak of the series, that seems like a wall so high that you think it's totally impossible to pass it. When we think of how to 'give birth' to '5', we realised we have to stop having the idea of just following his footsteps. In that case, even if we used '4' game system, we will have the hardship of adding in new elements, which is where we will spend most of our time on. After playing this game, I think everyone will feel as if they have just completed '4' for the first time again.

- Is Chris selected for the game for the sake of making a closure to the series?
    Its more of like a summary of the life for Chris in the last 10 years, rather than a closure. Once we tells what he have been doing, the stuffs that weren't shown in '4' will be revealed. I believe after this trailer, everyone will have mixed thoughts and feelings about it. However, we've a very important 'secret weapon' in the game.

- Secret weapon?
    Yes. The basic game system is nearly identical to '4', but there's also a new important game element that will be added in '5'.

- The content?
    We can't reveal it at the moment, because if we do, there's nothing for us to talk about next year! (laugh)

- We have to wait until next year?
    Of course you won't have to wait for another year for the next news update (laugh) anyway please just treat it as a title that succeeded '4' at the moment. However, when we reveal the next trailer, maybe everyone will have a different impression. You'll go 'Oh!? Is this a Biohazard game?'

- There's a strong contrast in the screenshots
    Despite a direct opposing of the 'darkness' featured in past Biohazards, if we were to rise it to a certain level, we can achieve the same result. Take for instance, Chris enters a building without a door. Because the surrounding is brighter, the interior will look darker. When you enter the building, your eyes will need some adjustment.

- The game will feature that?
    Yes. Similarly, when you exit a dark room to a bright area, you'll see nothing until your eyes gets used to it. This radiates a 'hot', 'bright' feeling to the people. Although it'll be only for a short instance, this is where the annoying part. The difficulty of seeing and aiming during that instance will be the new way of portraying the 'horror' element of the game.

- The secretive female who plays a large role
    Actually you'll only see this at the end of the trailer. She'll be the focus for the next trailer. Look out for her in the midst of the next trailer.

- Is she from a previous game?
    I've been pretty forgetful lately. I can't recall, sorry (laugh)

- You liar! Will she play an important part in the story?
    Her existence, from every angle, plays an important.
    That's what I guessed.
    Speaking of which, I think any long time gamers of the series will have already made a good guess by now.

- Like say, a character who have been captured but haven't been rescued yet?
    She seems to experienced that (laugh) She's actually the thing which will make the gamer goes 'is this really a Biohazard game?' that I said earlier on.

- Relating to the new game element right?
    Tied to the new game element and the story. Without her, it'll be impossible to discuss about the content of '5'.

- What's the release date for the game?
    I was planning to write the release year at the end of the trailer, but the last two digits kept changing like a flashlight in my mind. It kept jumping between 08 and 09. Heck sometime it jumped to '10' (laugh)

- So the earliest we'll see the game is 2008?
    2008 might be a too unrealistic. 2010 will be a wiser guess.

- well...that means good stuffs take time to develop right?
    The development is very smooth, and hopefully the next interview we have, we'll be able to talk more about it. Hopefully I'll be able to reveal the release date by then.

- We'll be waiting!
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-20-2007, 08:21 AM.

All I can make out is the images we already have from your upload of the movie . . . oh and Sherry Birkin looking dangerously inhuman, mark my words . . .
    sigpic

Comment

The words are readable, which means translation now:
      pg1
      Its been 2 years since we last got a news update on Bio5. News for Biohazard 5, the latest entry in the series responsible for coining the term 'survival horror', has been revealed. The main character for the title is Chris Redfield, who is also the main protagonist in the first game. He also made an appearance in Code: Veronica, where he travels to save his younger sister, and is considered the 'main character' for the series. What he's going to face in "5", is a crazed group of people in a desert zone. Right now, we'll shows what Jun Takeuchi have to say about the game, as well as the messages of the previous episodes. This is what the world has been waiting for.

pg2
      "5" talks about war. The area seems to have some sort of racial quarrel, and its a bizzare place with no justice nor evil. There's no more S.T.A.R.S, but for some reason Chris still gets involve in the incident. There's a "BSAA" patch on his shoulder, if you are observant enough. Takeuchi stated "Something occurred, and the organisation send him there."

The enemy is neither a zombie nor ganado. Takeuchi described them to be 'human-like with intelligence'. From the shots, we can see a massive amount of enemies on screen. In comparison to '4', the enemies behave closest to the ganado in the village. What is Chris fighting for? Actually, these screens were shown over at the E3 event. In the trailer, Chris mumble to himself 'what am I fighting for?' Maybe his inner thought is one of the things that the game will be portraying.

pg 3
      The 'structure' of the game seems simliar to '4', where the game character got shifted to the lower left corner when aiming. However, Jun Takeuchi stated that there's a 'secret weapon' (or maybe just an expression, not literally a weapon) in the beginning of 5. He spoke of the evolution to what is expected for a Biohazard game, and that he's not making the game with the aim of just going back to the root nor fixing what's broken. Its a true evolution.

(to be continue)

Comment

You know the more I look at Chris' shape the more I'm reminded of those gashapon DMC3 figures of Dante.

Many thanks for translation Xfactor . . .
        Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 07-20-2007, 07:51 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

pg 4
          Now we have here is the follow-up interview to what we've heard from Jun Takeuchi 2 years ago. Besides questions concerning the screenshots, the interview will also contain things like the thoughts from the developers, among others. Furthermore, the screenshots that's accompanying this interview are taken from the E3 trailer. The HD version of the trailer will be available on July 27 through XBox Live and PS Network. The trailer IS NOT CG, and they are in real-time. Now go drool over the quality of the screenshots and then return to this interview.

- After 2 years of silence, the breaking of the news surprised us
          When we were thinking what to do for a new generation Biohazard game, we always look at Shinji Mikami's '4'. That game is like the peak of the series, that seems like a wall so high that you think it's totally impossible to pass it. When we think of how to 'give birth' to '5', we realised we have to stop having the idea of just following his footsteps. In that case, even if we used '4' game system, we will have the hardship of adding in new elements, which is where we will spend most of our time on. After playing this game, I think everyone will feel as if they have just completed '4' for the first time again.
          - Is Chris selected for the game for the sake of making a closure to the series?
          Its more of like a summary of the life for Chris in the last 10 years, rather than a closure. Once we tells what he have been doing, the stuffs that weren't shown in '4' will be revealed. I believe after this trailer, everyone will have mixed thoughts and feelings about it. However, we've a very important 'secret weapon' in the game.
          - Secret weapon?
          Yes. The basic game system is nearly identical to '4', but there's also a new important game element that will be added in '5'.
          - The content?
          We can't reveal it at the moment, because if we do, there's nothing for us to talk about next year! (laugh)
          - We have to wait until next year?

Of course you won't have to wait for another year for the next news update (laugh) anyway please just treat it as a title that succeeded '4' at the moment. However, when we reveal the next trailer, maybe everyone will have a different impression. You'll go 'Oh!? Is this a Biohazard game?'

Comment

Awesome, thanks XFactor! Shame I cant plug REN
            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-20-2007, 08:00 AM.

Comment

- There's a strong contrast in the screenshots
              Despite a direct opposing of the 'darkness' featured in past Biohazards, if we were to rise it to a certain level, we can achieve the same result. Take for instance, Chris enters a building without a door. Because the surrounding is brighter, the interior will look darker. When you enter the building, your eyes will need some adjustment.
              - The game will feature that?
              Yes. Similarly, when you exit a dark room to a bright area, you'll see nothing until your eyes gets used to it. This radiates a 'hot', 'bright' feeling to the people. Although it'll be only for a short instance, this is where the annoying part. The difficulty of seeing and aiming during that instance will be the new way of portraying the 'horror' element of the game.
              - The secretive female who plays a large role
              Actually you'll only see this at the end of the trailer. She'll be the focus for the next trailer. Look out for her in the midst of the next trailer.
              Is she from a previous game?
              I've been pretty forgetful lately. I can't recall, sorry (laugh)
              - You liar! Will she play an important part in the story?
              Her existence, from every angle, plays an important role.
              That's what I guessed.
              Speaking of which, I think any long time gamers of the series will have already made a good guess by now.
              - Like say, a character who have been captured but haven't been rescued yet?
              She seems to experienced that (laugh) She's actually the thing which will make the gamer goes 'is this really a Biohazard game?' that I said earlier on.
              - Relating to the new game element right?
              Tied to the new game element and the story. Without her, it'll be impossible to discuss about the content of '5'.
              - What's the release date for the game?
              I was planning to write the release year at the end of the trailer, but the last two digits kept changing like a flashlight in my mind. It kept jumping between 08 and 09. Heck sometime it jumped to '10' (laugh)
              - So the earliest we'll see the game is 2008?
              - well...that means good stuffs take time to develop right?
              The development is very smooth, and hopefully the next interview we have, we'll be able to talk more about it. Hopefully I'll be able to reveal the release date by then.
              - We'll be waiting!
              Last edited by xfactor; 07-20-2007, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Guess we'll wait a week from today for the trailer. Though I must say that I'm not quite pumped up as I used to be, since it's looking perhaps too similar to RE4.

Accelerating the action further does nothing but make it another shooter action. Hopefully there's more to it than a mere continuation of RE4 gameplay-wise.

Comment

Man I just got in, I should of picked up that Famitsu from my local 7-11.

Comment

Lol been through this already. 2010 is way too long IMO, this better change...

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
                      Man I just got in, I should of picked up that Famitsu from my local 7-11.
                      Do it! We need better scans

Comment

awesome, thanks for the news

Comment

Chinese version! That's good! Cheers for posting this piece of news.

Comment

Famitsu is a Japanese mag =/
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Whole text of these scanned pages is Chinese for sure, that's what I mean. And I've completed reading all of them.
                              Last edited by classic_leon; 07-20-2007, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X