[RELEASE] [PS1] Resident Evil Ultimate Directors' Cut Dual Shock [MOD]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey,

I got it sorted out. I ran the program in safemode and in somehow managed to patch the ISO. All is well. Man deranged mode is short! I ran through it with the infinite magnum and beat in in a half hour! Now that's what I like!
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Cool! Downloading.

I wish I could somehow patch my PSN version though, I'm away from my modded PS2 and it's just not the same on PC.
      Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

Mikhail, thanks for trying to help, but it seems that didn't solve it, i seem to be getting this on any version of epsxe, and on different video plugins/settings, i think it could be normal because of the modding, does everyone else not get this? like a small flickering in between screens sometimes? its not a big deal really, i'm just starting to think it's normal because the game was modded.

Aleff, but why is it not the same? I am playing it on my HDTV with a ps3 controller in full screen, connect your pc to your tv, and download MotioninJoy so you can use your ps3 controller

Comment

I don't get any errors at all. Neither via emulation or hardware. Something must be going wrong with yours.
          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

so i should try and re-patch my game? maybe it's the iso... Do you have a link to a good iso for me?

Comment

could you please upload your pre-patched game and post a link here? that would be awesome

Comment

Only patches allowed for retail software.

Comment

i just tried to patch a different iso, still the same problem, i am uploading a video i made using fraps, i will post the link here as soon as it's done uploading

Comment

Originally posted by G-VIRUZ View Post
                    First of all, thanks for this.

But i am getting some graphical glitches sometimes, for example in between intro videos (right before main menu and the intro movie itself).
                    Could this be because i am running it on an emulator? Are these graphical bugs a result of modding the game? Are you guys getting these too or does this sound familiar?
                    sorry for taking so long to reply, can you do a test for me? Try to run the original unmodified re1 .bin. you should notice it has those graphic glitchs too. I think it's just in a few emus, and works on hardware. I think it has to do with being a multi track game, so use both tracks.(not sure which emus support multi track games - you should pick the .cue)

Originally posted by Zombie-X
                    I got it sorted out. I ran the program in safemode and in somehow managed to patch the ISO. All is well. Man deranged mode is short! I ran through it with the infinite magnum and beat in in a half hour! Now that's what I like!
                    Good job getting it worked out, thanks for playing, I think it probably would have been more rewarding to do an real run (no cheats) on your first time play through.
                    Last edited by RekseW; 10-05-2013, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Here's what i can show you, i have 2 different patched iso's, here are 2 screenshots:

iso1:

iso 2 (i made this 1 hour ago):

This is a video i made with fraps usiing the "iso2"

don't mind the slowdown it has right after i select jill, that's because of fraps recording, this doesn't happen when i don't use fraps, notice how the screen flashes white and shows a gun right before the intro movie (at 0:15), and notice how when it says "they have escaped into the mansion", right before it says "yet..." you can see a flash of the mansion hall, also, it seems that fraps made it worse, because in between screens when wesker and jill are talking, they seem to dissapear for a brief moment, this doesn't happen without fraps, i only see a small flash in between screens, fraps seems to make it worse somehow

i will try and run both isos, the original non patched ones, and i'l come back and tell you what it did

(feel free to upload your patched iso and send them to me in a pm on my youtube channel)
                      Last edited by G-VIRUZ; 10-05-2013, 09:30 AM.

Comment

seems like the same thing happens when using the original iso

so it's a problem with the emulation then, in this case i really don't mind, it's just a small thing

but if you can help me get rid of this, i would appreciate that, what emulator should i use? i am using epsxe190 now, i have different versions of it but they all seem to cause this

also, which one should i keep? the "iso1" or the "iso2"?

the first one has 2 tracks, the second one doesn't, but that one says "SLUS 00747"
                        Last edited by G-VIRUZ; 10-05-2013, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much for this great mod. Really liking the Deranged mode. It brings new life in to the game.

Found a game breaking glitch however. Went straight in to fight Plant-42 but cannot exit the room after defeating it (help from Barry). Neither of the doors let you leave. Had to restart the game.
                          Other than that, I really like it

Comment

Originally posted by G-VIRUZ View Post
                            seems like the same thing happens when using the original iso
                            so it's a problem with the emulation then, in this case i really don't mind, it's just a small thing

also, which one should i keep? the "iso1" or the "iso2"?
                            the first one has 2 tracks, the second one doesn't, but that one says "SLUS 00747"
                            yeah it's minor, try different emus or real hardware.
                            check the md5, and keep the one with both tracks.

Originally posted by braders1986 View Post
                            Thank you very much for this great mod. Really liking the Deranged mode. It brings new life in to the game.
                            Found a game breaking glitch however. Went straight in to fight Plant-42 but cannot exit the room after defeating it (help from Barry). Neither of the doors let you leave. Had to restart the game.
                            Other than that, I really like it
                            thanks for testing it out. You restarted too soon, there's a way out of that room. Search around some more, you should get a little cutscene(that's a hint).

Comment

Just tried it again. All I got was Barry telling us to search separately. He just stands there after that. Spoiler:
                              . Lol literally tried everything. I'll avoid this room for now. I won't let it defeat me though. I'll come back to it
                              Last edited by braders1986; 10-05-2013, 01:56 PM.

Comment

another glitch? hope you will make a new patch if this is the case because this mod is great, thanks again!

what is "md5" though? i'm not really a pc wizard
                                Last edited by G-VIRUZ; 10-05-2013, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X