[RELEASE] [PS1] Resident Evil Ultimate Directors' Cut Dual Shock [MOD]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by braders1986 View Post
    Just tried it again. All I got was Barry telling us to search separately. He just stands there after that. I can't reach the key in the fireplace or activate any hidden door (if there is one). Lol literally tried everything. I'll avoid this room for now. I won't let it defeat me though. I'll come back to it
    Spoiler:

I couldn't replicate your bug, not sure what's up. try the latest patch.

Md5 is a way for you to check that the patch was applied correctly and your playing the same game I am. read some of the earlier posts, get a program and check your patched track1.bin and see if it matches the one in the first post.

*New patch fixes a minor bug in the opening movie(removed the "we don't know were barry is" line) gameplay isn't changed.
    v102
    md5:d46299229f3c4edb952e742b1c8fd6a2

Comment

Originally posted by RekseW View Post
      Spoiler:

I couldn't replicate your bug, not sure what's up. try the latest patch.

Md5 is a way for you to check that the patch was applied correctly and your playing the same game I am. read some of the earlier posts, get a program and check your patched track1.bin and see if it matches the one in the first post.

*New patch fixes a minor bug in the opening movie(removed the "we don't know were barry is" line) gameplay isn't changed.
      v102
      md5:d46299229f3c4edb952e742b1c8fd6a2

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a3zd28
      Yeah, you can't Spoiler:
      . Works fine as Chris though. I'm using the newest version on real hardware.
      Last edited by braders1986; 10-05-2013, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Yeah, you can't reach the key when playing as Jill. Works fine as Chris though. I'm using the newest version on real hardware.
        That's odd I just tested it twice with jill, and I could get the key. Like I said try the 1.02 patch it's brand new and it's what I was testing. And let me know the results if you could thanks.

edit: anyone else experience this problem with jill?
        Last edited by RekseW; 10-05-2013, 02:01 PM.

Comment

For fuck sake!! I was using gameshark codes for respawn enemies and the magnum. I didn't even acknowledge that was probably causing the issue.

In my defense... I do have the Flu. lol

Comment

For fuck sake!! I was using gameshark codes for respawn enemies and the magnum. I didn't even acknowledge that was probably causing the issue.
            cheaters never prosper, that was definitely causing the problem.

Spoiler:

Glad you got it sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by RekseW View Post
              cheaters never prosper, that was definitely causing the problem.

Spoiler:

Glad you got it sorted out.
              Me too. I wasn't using infinite Magnum though lol... I just couldn't find it. Spoiler:

I love it!
              Last edited by braders1986; 10-05-2013, 03:02 PM.

Comment

i just used md5 and they all matched with your values on both iso's and on both patches v101 and v102

take a look at my biohazard collection if you want i forgot to put my n64 re2 in it :/ and i have a few more now btw

Last edited by G-VIRUZ; 10-05-2013, 04:01 PM.

Comment

i have 2 questions now, what's up with the music in the casting :p where is it from, and why did you put it in?

also, why did you remove the line "we don't know where Barry is" in your patch v102?

*EDIT*
                  ok i think i got it, you removed it because the line was there too when you pick Jill as your character

when i watch the intro scene on your patch v102 now there is a bug, somehow the intro 'skips' a part

take a look: http://youtu.be/L5XE2adWErc

this seems to only happen when i pick jill as my character

*EDIT*
                  strange, i seem to be getting this on patch v101 too when i pick jill

could this be because its running on an emulator? i used a different version of epsxe too, same thing
                  Last edited by G-VIRUZ; 10-05-2013, 05:15 PM.

Comment

OK! So i decided to burn it on disk (v102) and try to run it on a real ps1, indeed those graphical glitches are gone, BUT the same skipping problem occurs with the intro movie! So it's not because of the emulator!

I don't get it, are you sure this doesn't happen on your disks? What could be the problem here?

(btw i would still prefer to play it on an emulator because it looks better)
                    Last edited by G-VIRUZ; 10-05-2013, 06:48 PM.

Comment

No skipping issues on my side, im playing it right now on my cfw ps3 !

Comment

the skipping only happens in the intro movie if you pick jill as your character as seen in my video here:

you sure that doesn't happen with you?

Comment

Originally posted by G-VIRUZ View Post
                          the skipping only happens in the intro movie if you pick jill as your character as seen in my video here:

Aha that's how they handled that extra line I was talking about (they skip about 160 frames). So I fixed that. I made a small patch(4KB) to apply to the 1.02 patched track1.bin, test it out. it should fix the problem.

1.021 patch for 1.02 patched track1.bin only ---- fixes skip in the jill's prologue movie.
                          1.021 patched track1.bin md5: ac81e294a09d04aa29f84a1ff259a915
                          Last edited by RekseW; 10-06-2013, 12:51 AM.

Comment

cool man i will test it later today

so did this problem happen to your game too?

are you not going to make a v103 patch? :p

so why did you change the music in the casting though? :p i kinda liked the original one but hey this is your mod ;)
                            Last edited by G-VIRUZ; 10-06-2013, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by G-VIRUZ View Post
                              cool man i will test it later today
                              so did this problem happen to your game too?

are you not going to make a v103 patch? :p

so why did you change the music in the casting though? :p i kinda liked the original one but hey this is your mod ;)
                              yeah I had the skipping problem too(everyone did) but didn't catch it, in fact I think you may be the first to mention it(good job!). I'll probably make a 1.03 patch but it would be about 200MB, this patch is just a few KB, so I'll let everyone test this small patch out first. Just to make sure it doesn't break something else.

The song is "icy gaze" or something like that, it's from the Japanese version of the game. Notice I used the old Capcom logo movie also. The prologue movie is a bit of a hybrid. It's not like I added a random song though.
                              Last edited by RekseW; 10-06-2013, 08:49 AM.

Comment

which japanese version? i have the japanese saturn version and it has the original rock music

Comment

Working...
                                X