No announcement yet.

[RELEASE] [PS1] Resident Evil Ultimate Directors' Cut Dual Shock [MOD]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for re-upping the 102/1 patch. It's appreciated.

edit:

I found a bug in Original mode after defeating Yawn.
    The dark room were you light the candle right before the attic,
    is now the tool shed that leads to the garden..
    If you go back into the shed and out the other side..
    You'll be in the crest room with the dogs. The dark candle room is gone..
    This is in Jill's game. I'm playing this on ps3 which plays the original game fine.
    Last edited by MOST Hated; 01-15-2014, 06:38 PM.

Comment

hey did anyone ever discover the 2nd bonus minigame on the 2nd disc? Just wondering maybe try a button combo.
      It only worked on a couple emus and not on real hardware if iirc.

Any of you experts out there know an easy way to debug the problem? The exe might get launched as a child can't really remember.
      Last edited by RekseW; 09-09-2014, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RekseW View Post
        hey did anyone ever discover the 2nd bonus minigame on the 2nd disc? Just wondering maybe try a button combo.
        It only worked on a couple emus and not on real hardware if iirc.
        I have plans to re-play both discs completely in PSX POPS emulator for PS2, when I finish the gameplay, I will back here to comment about the experience.

You really did a awesome work in this mod dude!

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
          I have plans to re-play both discs completely in PSX POPS emulator for PS2, when I finish the gameplay, I will be back here to comment about the experience.

You really did a awesome work in this mod dude!
          hey thanks I appreciate it. I'd be interested in hearing the results, I never tested with pops on ps2.
          Everything should work except for that second minigame(it may work though).

Looking back on it I should have made a detailed changelist like DB did, but I didn't want to spoil anything. A changelist would have showed how much work goes into something like this. For example I edited a lot of scripts in this mod. For those that don't know they're in the .RDTs and basically control a lot of things in the rooms(doors, enemies, items, puzzles, etc). Every room on the 2nd disc I edited to change the gameplay, and there isn't a re1 script disassembler so I did every one by hand And there's a .RDT for both jill and chris for every room.

I also should have documented some of the beta stuff from the disc. it's probably been documented before like there's a couple beta/unused background images. one is the arms storage and another is the snake room but it's in the room before .BSS. Or how I brought the bloody handprint message back. It was first seen in the Japanese demo of re1 but not anywhere else. The message was actually translated on retail but they changed the background and took out the message hotspot. I simply edited the script to add it back in and edited the .BSS to match. So you have the bloody handprint message in English for the first time. I'd be interested in what it was going to be used for. or any of the other beta things from RE1. (the grave?)

Maybe I should have had more images and teasers those seem to work, maybe it would have got more attention/play. This is definitely one of the most extensive mods of re your going to find on ps1 right now. DBs mods are nice as well check those out.

Comment

friend is a good patch I like this new game mode now Download To patch battle mode but can not be applied for more than try, the program gives me this error the path of the game can not find entry invalidated.
            please could upload the iso and patched the battle so want to play this way and not Ecuentro internet.

Comment

Originally posted by RekseW View Post
              So you have the bloody handprint message in English for the first time. I'd be interested in what it was going to be used for. or any of the other beta things from RE1. (the grave?)
              Supposedly, if we are to believe what a user posted on Unseen64's site, an old gamepro article said a Capcom rep mentioned no cemetery (which would later appear in remake) but a 'single grave'-- I assume this is the same one we all know in the finished version. Also, I guess a tower was mentioned earlier at some point as well, which later got evolved into the lab.

That seems to be the plausible to me; however, shit get's weird when you read that other guy at the top, who claims originally a DC version of 1 existed in some vague form on the saturn-- zombies killed the player in one bite, ol' Barry 'crashed' through the dining room, ect. I always thought this sounded like farce up a windy alley, but it was intersting to read at the time. Personally, the one I liked the most was pretty cryptic, on a youtube vid back in 2006-07' where a guy claimed that someone on the original team suggested that Wesker cut power to the mansion on your way back to it from the guardhouse, and you had to finish the rest of the goals there in relative darkness. Early era 32bit limitations killed that idea, but if true, I always thought, wouldn't that be something at the top of the list to have had in remake? Alas it never appeared at all which made the claim dubious.
              The horror is alive, the horror is expanding; living with the horror, can be demanding

Comment

Please could someone upload the game already patched with the second patch.

Comment

Well first off I'd like to thank you for making these mods. I always wanted to play battle mode, so I jumped right into the second disc. I only played as Chris through all three modes. I knew before I started the maze, it would leave me frustrated and it did not disappoint . I beat it and lost a bit of my sanity in the process lol. I wasn’t a fan of the 8-bit...but I understand why you chose it.

I beat both Chris and Jill's Deranged modes for the Ultimate 102 disc .I ran into a few bugs , first the already mentioned Jill is stuck after the second Yawn fight. I applied the 1021 patch and loaded a completed Jill Deranged game , I got to the same point and the same problem happened. The other bug was with Chris Deranged mode in 102, before the first fight with Tyrant, I don’t know why but I went up the elevator to the entrance where you put the wolf and eagle medals, Chris keeps walking on a loop to the closed gate.

p.s
                  I also expected to see a Zombie wearing shades and blonde slicked back hair, the addition of the mac11 and ingram and lastly the 2 Tyrant fight would've made it even more Ultimate. Aside from all of that I really enjoyed this. So thanks again

Comment

I want the mode dial battle, who has them and who can upload please? .
                    I want to play on my console friend.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntertypeS View Post
                      Well first off I'd like to thank you for making these mods. I always wanted to play battle mode, so I jumped right into the second disc. I only played as Chris through all three modes. I knew before I started the maze, it would leave me frustrated and it did not disappoint . I beat it and lost a bit of my sanity in the process lol. I wasn’t a fan of the 8-bit...but I understand why you chose it.

I beat both Chris and Jill's Deranged modes for the Ultimate 102 disc .I ran into a few bugs , first the already mentioned Jill is stuck after the second Yawn fight. I applied the 1021 patch and loaded a completed Jill Deranged game , I got to the same point and the same problem happened. The other bug was with Chris Deranged mode in 102, before the first fight with Tyrant, I don’t know why but I went up the elevator to the entrance where you put the wolf and eagle medals, Chris keeps walking on a loop to the closed gate.

p.s
                      I also expected to see a Zombie wearing shades and blonde slicked back hair, the addition of the mac11 and ingram and lastly the 2 Tyrant fight would've made it even more Ultimate. Aside from all of that I really enjoyed this. So thanks again
                      Great 1st post. Thanks for playing. I liked the constructive criticism. I might try to check those bugs out if I have time, maybe someone can confirm those?
                      p.s Spoiler:

Originally posted by Jesus Romero View Post
                      I want the mode dial battle, who has them and who can upload please? .
                      I want to play on my console friend.
                      Look around for a guide to patch your iso, you may have some trouble with translations. I think most of your messages get lost in translation.

if you want something you may have to work for it.

Comment

No problem man. I'll try to play this again when I have some free time. I'm fuzzy on if the problems were fixed when I started a new game. I should of written notes lol.

Comment

oh I forgot to Say aBout the other minigame on disc 2. It’s a secret Hidden minigame. Has anyone found it? I think it Only works on a few emUlators that I Used iirc, I programmed that menu. AbouT the game - the idea was to Let the mingames be eiTher inspiring resident evil/biohazard or Directly inspired by iT. The games are Even little knOwn and need some RecogNition. Know your history.

If you want to play it lOOK for clues

Comment

Great mod. I have a tiny issue with the opening FMV. When I apply the patch 1.02 and the follow up patch when Chris or Jill arrive at the house they don't mention the other STARS members. It is like the audio gets stuck for that brief moment.

Comment

Can someone just upload the already patched BIN and CUE files? Also maybe upload to another site like MediaFire or whatever..
                              what normally takes 5 minutes is taking like 45 to download and its annoyingly slow..

This mod sounds interesting.. really wanna play it on an emulator
                              "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

So, I literally made an account on this forum about 2 years ago and didn't get an activation email till now (on Jan 29th 2017, WTF?). At first, I didn't remember why I wanted an account here, then I remembered it had to do with this project.
                                I'm trying (or at least, was) to compile a detailed change-log for this patch. I understand RekseW was keeping the exact changes a secret, however, the patch is 3 years old now. Maybe the details can be shared now?

What I've gathered from the thread,
                                • It uses the Dual Shock version as a base.
                                • It uses the uncensored FVM from the Windows95 version with the original “I got a shotgun” song from v1.0 of Bio Hazard on PS1.
                                • It uses the original BGM.
                                • It uses the original Japanese ending credits theme
                                • It adds back in the bloody handprint message from the demo.
                                • Adds a new "Arranged mode" called "Deranged", with new beta inspired costumes.

I've only played the GameCube remake of RE1 so it's hard for me to tell whats changed when playing this patch. Can RekseW, or other knowledgeable users, help complete this change-log/polish it?
                                Thanks for your time guys and thanks to RekseW for this impressive patch!
                                Last edited by SkySnake; 02-25-2017, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X